Large list of Ideas.

LDucheMagnifico

Hello SWTOR community. I posted this once, and someone told me that i should re-title it and repost...so here i am. The following are my ideas for changes.

My main concern is the armor we wear. Most of the styles we have don't seem to be what we're used to from the SW movies or previous games. I've seen tanks running around with headlights on their helmets, sorcerers running around in dunce hats, and mercs running around with dinosaur claw boots. Besides that, i always hear people complaining about how awful the pvp gear looks and how severely lacking the crafting skills are upon endgame.

Some solutions could be as simple as finding character models from old games and tweaking the armor in different ways. Another solution could be offering different sets of the same level gear. The gear would have identical stats but different visual styles. I dont want my sorcerer running around looking like a voodoo cultist, i want to have simpler, more fear inspiring pvp armor. I could say the same for pve armor. There's just not enough visual differentiation. Im aware that there's an improvement coming next big patch but im still a little worried because even if we can change our colors the armor is still going to "look" the same (in build). (for instance you could offer Battlemaster's Warlock set which could be a flowing robe set with a very low hanging hood preventing you from seeing the player's face with a skeletal looking glove, but also offer Battlemaster's countenance set which would be a set that made the player look over-geared and daunting, as well as a few other sets just for pure looks. Youd still get the battlemaster bonus as well)

One solution I saw that was really impressive was that crafters could offer improvements that required certain grey drops. For instance, you could add shoulder spikes to your chest piece by crafting a customization requiring a grey drop, like sharp claws, along with a crafting material. They also mentioned something along the lines of finding x amount of heated cartridges along with crafting mats to let your gun have a chance to catch the enemy on fire, and having a few other varying customizations. This system could also be used to craft android parts for your droid or even for yourself (more options for cyborgs) from grey droid drops. With this system you could add a lot of variation to visuals and to combat styles, making things less predictable. (also look at the crystal and armor selections in Force unleashed)

Id like to see actual crafting missions available (set up as solo only flashpoints). I dont mean farming missions for your pets, but missions that randomly appear on mission boards. Ones that take you to areas where the main goal is to collect materials. The inspiration for this idea is from the light-saber creation/improvement missions on KOTOR. I remember going into creepy solo areas where you had to collect crystals and solve puzzles to get items to craft with.

I want to go into caves collecting rare materials from monsters, or going into a heavily guarded mine for crystals, or tombs for treasure hunting, or ship hopping or robberies for lock boxes,where the main loot is purple, you get the idea.

Here's an idea for making those crafting stations not completely useless any more. Remove a few of them from the game, put them in areas you want a high population in, and make it so that removing mods from weapons/armor while at a station costs nothing.

Make Ashara Dark side turnable. FFS every time we have a conversation she gets almost to the point of doing so, then pitfalls by saying something like OH WELL DERP IM STILL A JEDI.

Im disgusted by the sorcerer story line. If i wouldve known it was a remake of ghostbusters i wouldve named my toon Bill M'Ray.

Try to implement an actual bounty board where you can put a bounty, or where a bounty is randomly placed on, a player. Thered be a bounty box as a reward and there could be a +5 roll on the item for BH's. This would be a cool idea especially if having a bounty on you opened a solo flashpoint for you and the hunter.

Big warzones. Remember the capture the flag game on WoW? Yes. You do.

Speeders need to be faster. Especially for what we pay for them.

I really think our armoring system needs to be revamped. I'd love for the dev's to take a glimpse at Guild wars and other current competition. I saw my friend's Necromancer the other day and it looked more sith than any player ive seen on this game. I honestly think thats a disappointment because we pay a monthly fee where they dont. Keep in mind that we will be putting up a lot of good money for this game amd this game needs to keep up with its competition. So far its decent. I hate the argument that we cant compare it to games with more experience because its new, but to prevail over competition you have to make yourself aware of why people like those games. It'd be sad to lose business to a game that has no monthly fee yet remains better developed.

Please dont mess this up guys. I loved KOTOR and force unleashed. But so far i'm on the "meh" end of the scale with this one.

Id like to see actual crafting missions available (set up as solo only flashpoints). I dont mean farming missions for your pets, but missions that randomly appear on mission boards. Ones that take you to areas where the main goal is to collect materials. The inspiration for this idea is from the light-saber creation/improvement missions on KOTOR. I remember going into creepy solo areas where you had to collect crystals and solve puzzles to get items to craft with.

I want to go into caves collecting rare materials from monsters, or going into a heavily guarded mine for crystals, or tombs for treasure hunting, or ship hopping or robberies for lock boxes,where the main loot is purple, you get the idea.

Here's an idea for making those crafting stations not completely useless any more. Remove a few of them from the game, put them in areas you want a high population in, and make it so that removing mods from weapons/armor while at a station costs nothing.

Try to implement an actual bounty board where you can put a bounty, or where a bounty is randomly placed on, a player. Thered be a bounty box as a reward and there could be a +5 roll on the item for BH's. This would be a cool idea especially if having a bounty on you opened a solo flashpoint for you and the hunter.

/support

I like these ideas to enhance crafting. The locations could be found randomly on worlds also encouraging exploration to get some great rewards. Puzzle idea is good too.

I am wondering what you think about the bounty board on PVE server and how this should work?

/support

I like these ideas to enhance crafting. The locations could be found randomly on worlds also encouraging exploration to get some great rewards. Puzzle idea is good too.

I am wondering what you think about the bounty board on PVE server and how this should work?

I think there should be a preference that turns off Bounty. With it on, the person hunting you gets the name, or a hint, of the area the target is in. Theyd be flagged for something like a duel, but without showing each other on map. If the target dies, they drop loot called "Bounty" or something of the sort and return it to a bounty board. I also think ppl in parties should be able to get assistance from their party members and that the BH in question should also be able to have a party. If theyre grouped, they need to be careful to stay close bc both groups would be able to attack on sight of the hunter/hunted.