Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bol.com delivery problems?

Dyarte
12.16.2011 , 05:08 AM | #1
I live in The Netherlands and ordered a standard pre-order copy at Bol.com in July and received my pre-order code in good order. Five weeks before release (early November), I moved house. As soon as I knew my new address, I changed it in my Bol.com account information (also about 5 weeks before launch). To make sure the game was going to be delivered to my new address on launch, I sent an e-mail to the Bol.com customer service. They told me that the order process was already too far along for them to change my address on the order. There's no one living in my old place yet and I have no contact with my old neighbours, so I have no way of knowing if the game has been delivered or not. I did contact the delivery service Bol.com uses, but they told me they can't/won't do anything, since it's Bol.com's responsibility to get the address right and I was too late to have my mail rerouted as part of their moving house service.

My question is twofold: Are there any other Dutchies here who ordered at Bol.com and have already received their game? And if I get a replacement from Bol.com, is that code going to interfere with my pre-order code?

Thank you very much for your response.

Sincerely,
Dyarte

Pielemoos
12.16.2011 , 05:10 AM | #2
Got my copy yesterday.

GrolschUK
12.16.2011 , 05:13 AM | #3
Buying the game else where will not mess up your pre-order code.

The code that you apply from the retail game is a seperate entity and can come from any source.

Bonescythe
12.16.2011 , 05:14 AM | #4
Got my copy aswell from bol.com yesterday morning.

U should have contacted bol.com as soon as you moved to your new house tho. Changing it in contact information, is ok...but they won't check on that when they allready got your order.

And with contact btw, i mean on the phone.

Dyarte
12.16.2011 , 05:17 AM | #5
I sent the e-mail to customer service 5 mins after I changed my account information. Don't know why they couldn't fix it, they had 5 weeks after all.

Sphereman
12.16.2011 , 05:17 AM | #6
I had excactly the same issue with them, also wasnt able to change the adress.
I was lucky because i moved not far away from my old house, i simply ringed the bell and got my order from the owner.

Mine is in, so yours should also be.

And yes,..i ordered from Bol.com