Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Darth Baras VS Darth Thanaton

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Darth Baras VS Darth Thanaton

Killian_Jedi
03.08.2012 , 08:27 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by gibmachine View Post
Thanaton better schemer than Baras? Unlikely, considering how Baras
Spoiler

Thanaton and more support in the Dark Council? In case you haven't seen
Spoiler

Lore-wise, I'd say Thanaton wouldn't do **** against Baras, neither in terms of scheming and intellect nor in terms of sheer power. There is debattable evidence that Baras
Spoiler

Game mechanics-wise: Wild Baras appears. Baras used Body Slam. It's super effective.
Yep. Was about to annihilate the Thanaton being better than Baras discussion with what was already said here.

But mostly because of RRRRRAAAAAAARRRRGGGHHHH!!!!!!
The suspense is terrible, I hope it'll last.

Azut
03.08.2012 , 11:58 AM | #22
Baras of course....he was the only sith that nearly got a Grand Master Jedi to succumb to the dark side (Satele Shan)
Under construction

sanctified
03.08.2012 , 06:11 PM | #23
Darth Baras, hands down. Thanaton was an idealist who couldn't accept what the Sith had become and lived in the past achievements of the Empire. Baras was a manipulative genius who helped usher in the new era.
Spoiler

Baras is a thug, plain and simple. He's completely an expy for Marvel comic's Kingpin character. Brute strength and mastery of the force combined with a brilliant intellect. Read the comics he appeared in. Catch up on his background through your questing and realize what a hard charger he was, making his name by breaking Jedi before he got kicked up to Darth-hood. Compare and contrast that with Thanaton, the weepy little contrarian.

Spoiler
Playing since October 1st, 2011. Squad 238 for life.

Ezzem
03.08.2012 , 07:08 PM | #24
Gragas.. im sorry Baras wouldnt have a chance in a 1v1 vs Thanaton.

sanctified
03.08.2012 , 09:58 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Ezzem View Post
Gragas.. im sorry Baras wouldnt have a chance in a 1v1 vs Thanaton.
Based on what? Darth Vowrawn said flat out that Baras was one of the strongest Sith Lords in the Empire.
Playing since October 1st, 2011. Squad 238 for life.

Revan-the-knight
03.09.2012 , 01:35 PM | #26
Interesting, Baras" Fatman Raargh" is gaining points! Thanaton is barely leading!
Chose a Marauder, Not because they are OP, i chose it because its the closest thing to Revan as you can get, Revanites Unite!

The Vaner Legacy

TrumpetNut
10.14.2012 , 07:07 PM | #27
Baras wins cauz thanonton didnt eat enough junk to repel baras's Fat, hideous Butt in his face

epicfear
10.14.2012 , 08:36 PM | #28
Baras wins, especially if you take him at his supposed power level before the sith warrior starts killing his dudes.

Seriously, the entity, his sister, DRAAHG, dude has the deck stacked in his favor. And that isn't counting the fact that, if this took place before the warrior started tearing down his power base, he would also have the assistance of the future wrath of the emperor most likely.
Copy this signature if you believe Timothy Zahn should take over the Star Wars EU

Darth_Hatine
10.15.2012 , 01:15 AM | #29
Vowrawn stated Baras was the strongest Sith on the Dark Council and "near invincible" even right before you are going to fight him. Thanaton runs away on Corellia and begs the Dark Council for help. So I vote for Baras.

Darkondo
10.15.2012 , 06:10 PM | #30
I actually find this fight close. Thanaton and Baras are in my opinion the most underestimated sith in the empire. Alot of people dont think Baras can fight cause in the SW story hes the fat guy who makes you do all the work but in reality he is incredibly powerful. My logic in this is after The Sacking of Coruscant he was able to defeat Darth Angral (who was Darth Malgus' superior during that battle) just by his force lightning. Also i can relate how powerful he is to his other apprentice Lord Draahg. Draahg was taught by Baras to hold back his true power to suprise Darth Vengean and the SW. By logic if Baras taught Draahg to do that he must be doing it or at least know how to do it himself.

Thanaton on the other hand had proven he was able to defeat opponents who were considerably stronger than him when as an apprentice he beat the Emperor's former apprentice Exal Kressh, he beat her not because he was stronger (in fact he was considerably weaker) but because she underestimated his resolve.

Although i find this fight close id give the edge to Baras cause he was so strong he was able to convince the dark council (including Thanaton who was on it at the time) that he had the Emperor's spirit inside him also as Thanaton got older he also became more arrogant and made the same mistake of underestimating the SI's power as Exal Kressh had undrestimated his resolve. In a 1v1 fight in my humble opinion Baras would hold back his true strength until Thanaton got complacent where then Baras would then catch Thanaton off guard with his Voice of the Emperor shouting: (RESPECT MAH AUTHORITAH!!) -credit going to whoever posted that in "The Making Fun of Darth Baras Thread" Baras<Thanaton but itd be a good fight.