Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Predictions regarding the most popular crafting skill?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Predictions regarding the most popular crafting skill?

klaoth
12.13.2011 , 08:51 AM | #31
Cybertech followed by Biochem.

mfrags
12.13.2011 , 09:01 AM | #32
Initially: Artifice/Synthweaving - due to the influx of people wanting to play a jedi.
Over time: #1 biochem and #2 cybertech
"Go, I will. Good relations with the Wookiees, I have."

-Bacta Legends (Sith Empire)
-Glitterstim (Republic)

DeeDawg
12.13.2011 , 09:04 AM | #33
biochem and cybertech. consumables.

there'll be more cybertech on pvp servers than pve -> aoe knockback/stun/freeze/etc grenades will be liked more by pvpers.

HeavensAgent
12.13.2011 , 09:16 AM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Othersider View Post
I'm curious how you came to this conclusion? From what I've read, Cybertechs make armoring/mods/earpieces that every single class in the game can use. What are the things that are much more useful to non-force users?

I'm not trying to be rude here, I honestly want to know.
The mods Cybertechs create usually have stats that benefit non-force users. Mods with stats that benefit force users are created through Artifice.

HappyNinja
12.13.2011 , 09:22 AM | #35
Artificers don't create armoring though. They create enhancements that can be used in that slot of moddable armor, but that's the only slot they can fill. You need cybertech to fill the armoring and mod slots.

Boissi
12.13.2011 , 09:25 AM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by HeavensAgent View Post
The mods Cybertechs create usually have stats that benefit non-force users. Mods with stats that benefit force users are created through Artifice.
Untrue. Artifice and cybertech create mods for different slots, and for all purposes.

HeavensAgent
12.13.2011 , 09:38 AM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by Boissi View Post
Untrue. Artifice and cybertech create mods for different slots, and for all purposes.
Actually, it is true. Artifice, for example, does not create ay mods with +Aim. It can create +Str/+End and +Will/+End mods.

Kiry
12.13.2011 , 09:38 AM | #38
I think Biochem will be the most popular due to the reuseable stims.
I'll probably go Artifice, I enjoyed it the most during beta.
Sith Inquisitor - Sorcerer

Darinford
12.13.2011 , 09:41 AM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by Blodhren View Post
Never tinkered with biochem in either beta invite- what sort of reusable consumables we talking about?
The top reusable medkit heals for 5500 health plus an additional 1500 over a dozen or so seconds; I forget the exact stats. 90s cooldown

The adrenal for crit gives +570 crit for 15s once every 3 minutes

The stim gives 136pts to a stat of your choice for an hour; however these are easy enough to make that you can probably buy them easily.

Diabolic
Website - Forums - Apply
Hardcore Endgame PvE - PvP Dominance - US West PvP Server

TarrakCala
12.13.2011 , 09:49 AM | #40
For fast "cash cow" crafting, armortech would be a massive money maker. Putting entire matching green sets on the galactic bazaar for levels 10-35 would sell fast. Plus it would help people , like operatives, who rely completely on companions for dps and tanking. Most people if they can just go to the bazaar and buy an entire set of green possibly blue gear for themselves and their companions would make crazy money.