Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Old Republic Launches in Asia Pacific Territories

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
The Old Republic Launches in Asia Pacific Territories
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

AlysonBridge
02.29.2012 , 06:28 AM | #1 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Gamers in Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong and Singapore can now join the fastest-growing MMORPG of all time, as Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ has officially launched in those countries! Fans will be able to take part in their very own Star Wars™ saga on regional servers.

Read More

Baeen
02.29.2012 , 06:31 AM | #2
Alyson, could you please update us as to why the server transfers are in *late* April ?

I understand it's probably got to do with the 1.2 patch coming out then, and you want to capture more of the player base. But a majority of people want to play their current characters on a low latency server without having to re-roll new characters.

TY!

Edit: Corrected name + added guess as to why..

jayssen
02.29.2012 , 06:33 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Baeen View Post
Allison, could you please update us as to why the server transfers are in *late* April ?

TY!
Yes please - would love to know the reason why or the reasoning behind this decision.

AlkalineTT
02.29.2012 , 06:49 AM | #4
Yeah I am not impressed. I would like to transfer my Characters now or at least in the next 2 weeks. 2 months is just pathetic organisation.

Zertech
02.29.2012 , 06:55 AM | #5
WOW who would have expected /fail command should be introduced for BIOWARE /EA I mean really wait till April.

This game will be dead before then......

Darkness_au
02.29.2012 , 06:55 AM | #6
Hell yea.. late April ??? what a joke

trevbreak
02.29.2012 , 07:10 AM | #7
"Late April" means they haven't finished sorting out the bugs in transferring characters across

dupela
02.29.2012 , 07:15 AM | #8
Yea ATM I think Bioware has a lot of very annoyed Aussie, Kiwi and other players ... they had pobably better sort this very soon ... they really needed to put this info out way earlier ... a massive fail managing player expecttions.

Citara
02.29.2012 , 07:17 AM | #9
I have to agree.

Late April would mean that those that are looking to move to one server type (say pvp) are waiting to join the ONLY server of its type available, that shall already be funnelling any/all existing oceanic players (currently spread over numerous servers of that type) wanting to move to it alongside all the new players from the region that want to choose that server type, and then having to wait almost 2 months (late April) thus enabling any number of character name generations to occur and greatly increase the possibility of existing names (that some players were very fortunate to obtain as the "first" of their origin server) to be taken by the time those loyal to the beginning of the game get a chance to move over and play on this already well populated server.

Not only that, but if an oceanic player did want to play on a one of these new servers in the meantime, they would have to forego progressing their current character (example levelling, valor grinding or endgame raiding) for the sake of playing an alt, causing the significant playtime (almost 2 months... or 2 monthly subscription periods in EA's language) that would have been applied to their main to be dimished to the point of them being similarly disadvantaged to a player who was unsubscribed for 2 months.

I hope "late April" was a typo... else I can imagine quite an outrage from your existing oceanic community currently PAYING, playing and already committed (for most, since launch inspite of every effort by EA/BIOWARE to disregard us... yet we still remained supportive) and well progressed in their development of their existing character(s).
...I have to return some video tapes.

Perringaiden
02.29.2012 , 07:17 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by dupela View Post
Yea ATM I think Bioware has a lot of very annoyed Aussie, Kiwi and other players ... they had pobably better sort this very soon ... they really needed to put this info out way earlier ... a massive fail managing player expecttions.
Yeah, we got told:
Quote:
You'll get an e-mail in the week following launch.
This was interpreted as:
Quote:
You'll get an e-mail on how to transfer your character in the week following launch, whose instructions you'll be able to follow straight away.
Its an interestingly bad choice. Better would have been to release the servers later if Transfers weren't ready.