Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Australian server transfer in LATE April!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Australian server transfer in LATE April!

Asuka
03.01.2012 , 04:40 PM | #371
You could simply be happy that you now have Oceanic servers and that you'll eventually get to transfer to them because you know, they could have just not done it at all too.

pwnzealander
03.01.2012 , 04:40 PM | #372
I cant believe all of these posts...

Remember when you were crying and begging for them not to IP block?

They should have IP blocked you all to begin with.

You werent meant to play on the NA or EU servers to begin with.

You need to take a step back and think on it a bit.

Leweegibo
03.01.2012 , 04:47 PM | #373
Well my lot has decided to re-roll our low level Imps and leave our higher level Repubs on our US server, we just hope nothing goes wrong or clashes when the transfers are available!

Tsillah
03.01.2012 , 04:50 PM | #374
Quote: Originally Posted by melsione View Post
We get a new server! We have lvl 50's who raid and play endgame, but we have to wait almost 2 months before we can bring them across and actually play on the better latency?
Read what I put in bold carefully. Your own words explain very well why they are giving new players on those servers a couple of months before unleashing you on them.
Because we do think in language. And so the quality of our thoughts and ideas can only be as good as the quality of our language.

Belbullab
03.01.2012 , 04:52 PM | #375
i was so sad when i heard you were going to unsub. and right after i got my new keyboard. it's a filco ninja tenkeyless with cherry black switches. it's super cool. it has nkey rollover. i can't wait for lunch at work today. it's catered. it's usually pretty good. once it was lobster.

glenbruton
03.01.2012 , 04:52 PM | #376
Quote: Originally Posted by Asuka View Post
You could simply be happy that you now have Oceanic servers and that you'll eventually get to transfer to them because you know, they could have just not done it at all too.
I didnt mind a 230 ping. Its not significant.

Leweegibo
03.01.2012 , 05:04 PM | #377
Just got my email saying that i qualify for the transfer...so at least im sure of that!

_Admiral
03.01.2012 , 05:04 PM | #378
Terrible Opening of Oceanic Servers. | Today , 12:01 AM

So why wouldnt you let transfers first?

My guild is popular on The Swifture, and have many people who dont like us,

So when the server came out, people stole our names and guild names and are impersonating us.

Will anything be done against this?

StephenReid
03.01.2012 , 05:06 PM | #379
Quote: Originally Posted by Stealthy_Monkey View Post
I am an Australian player- can you confirm that I will still be eligible for the character transfers if I cancel my account until late april, or whether I'm expected to maintain an active subscription until that date.
You do not have to maintain an active subscription until character transfer is available. From the FAQ:
To qualify for free character transfers, players must meet the following requirements by Tuesday, February 28, 2012, 5:01PM EDT, 7:01PM NZDT, 2:01PM HKT, 2:01PM SGT:

You specified that your country is Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong, or Singapore during your account registration process.

Redeemed an Official Game Production Registration Code on www.StarWarsTheOldRepublic.com Code Redemption Center.

Have had or currently have entered a valid recurring payment method or redeemed a Pre-Paid Game Time Code.

Only characters created on The Old Republic servers by February 28, 2012, 5:01PM EDT, 7:01PM NZDT, 2:01PM HKT, 2:01PM SGT qualify for transfers.

Characters created by qualified players on a non-Asia Pacific server after the February 28th deadline will not qualify for transfers to Asia Pacific servers.
Emphasis above is mine, but basically as long as you have been a subscriber at some point and meet the other criteria, you're eligible.

Lenzzo
03.01.2012 , 05:19 PM | #380
Just a sec! That's a bit unfair to say "you shouldn't have been playing" how would you feel if your entire country got left off the bucket list to start with. Then after 3 months while the whole world plays, finally get a place to call your own only to get left with the only choice of re rolling because of another half a s sed job at implementing something. FFS bioware, are you taking the p i s s? I can't imagine how poor your programmers must be, I'm assuming it's because both Blizzard and Trion are to busy being successful and can't spoon feed you at this point, April is their only down time I guess.