Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

No Interfactional Emails

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Maidel
03.01.2012 , 03:00 AM | #71
Quote: Originally Posted by mufutiz View Post
legacy system disagrees with you
someone has already given that exact response to that exact post.

I'll say it again. The legacy system does not do anything of the sort. It allows our characters to be linked in many ways (apparently) this does NOT mean that the sith lord whoes brother is a jedi master are best buddies who meet up for drinks on a Wednesday night!

Aram_Darksun
03.01.2012 , 07:36 PM | #72
Ironically you can do that, you can meet up and have a drink in a cantina.

But you are not allowed to mail which does not even have a basis in real life. In the World Wars for example mail still got through to the other side, though it was usually diverted through a neutral entitity and it was all opened and read.

So the 'they are enemies' excuse is just that, and a flimsy one as well.

In the end, even if it was against the background (which it isn't), some things in this game should concede to background, others should concede to out of character concerns. This is one area where it hampers gameplay more than it promotes immersion and as such it should move aside for the player's convenience.

Seriously uneeded inconveniences like this give me the impression they resent us playing their game and wish to make it inconvenient to do our in game business.
Flight Officer 419 Squadron

GeorgZoeller
03.01.2012 , 08:35 PM | #73 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by Geeluc View Post
Can someone explain why not?

I'm assuming it's so you can't sell things on the opposing GTN, but why can't I even send an email to one of my toons from Rebl to Emp?
It's a restriction we're working to lift soon.

Maidel
03.02.2012 , 02:36 AM | #74
How on earth can you claim it's 'not against the background'

Seriously?

We aren't talking about true civilians here, who could quite legitimately have relatives living on a planet controlled by the otherside. What we are talking about are fanatically devoted people who idiologically disagree with everything the otherside does.

There is a absolutely no precedent in the books or films of a Jedi contacting a sith, or the other way around simply for a social call or to transfer their little brother some credits.

I will repeat again this shouldnt apply to smugglers or bounty hunters who simply should have been tied to a side in the first place.

Bakonon
03.04.2012 , 07:18 PM | #75
Quote: Originally Posted by GeorgZoeller View Post
Will you also be lifting the restriction on cross-faction whispers and emotes? Us RP server types need this!

vincent-
03.04.2012 , 07:31 PM | #76
God I hate games that do this. I want to send credits and items to my freaking alt and god knows I would like to have a friendly chat with any of the opposite factions as well as insults.

WE HAVE IGNORE BUTTONS FOR A REASON.

Never had to deal with this kind of crap back in galaxies.
"Bang bang, shootin' blanks every day."*chk chk chk*
Well, I tried.

Liedros
03.05.2012 , 06:48 AM | #77
This is damn cool. Will we be able to send attached items or just mail? I really would like to know this before I decide where to create my republic toons.

ChinMaki
03.05.2012 , 06:55 AM | #78
I'd like to wear Sith outfits :P, but i dont think thats implemented yet

Skodan
03.05.2012 , 02:32 PM | #79
is this a restriction you are lifting for characters on the same account or for everyone. me personally would like the restriction to be lifted on just characters of the same account
The Goa'uld Legacy Level 50 on Jedi Covenant (previously Canderous Ordo)
Imperial Entanglements
Less Imperial Entanglements
Check out LIE and IE: Galaxy Wide Casual Social Guilds

Malkavier
03.05.2012 , 02:55 PM | #80
Quote: Originally Posted by Hologramx View Post
Oh yes, keep prohibit inter-faction mail so Gold Sellers can make their credits through Nar Shaadaa in the name of Demand and Supply.

In fact, when I started playing on the Imperial side, I suddenly realize why the Reps always lose in Warzone in our servers. There are a lot more populations in the Imperial side and a lot of players spending time crafting as well. Frequently I can hardly find any good gears in the Reps GTN, and even if I manage to find one, they are usually very expensive. On the contrary, I can find good gear on the Imperial GTN pretty easily with half the price of that on the Reps GTN. If players can get good gear easily with half price, I am sure that they can do much better in Wazone if you assume they have the same skill.

Enabling inter-faction mail would provide some sort of solution to faction balance.

As for the GTN in Nar Shaadaa, maybe they should simply be replaced with one Reps-only GTN and one Imps-Only GTN so player can access them in Nar Shaadaa while leveling, without having to travel all the way back to their fleets to access the GTN. A neutral GTN that hardly anyone is using, except for personal inter-faction trade or gold-sellers business does not make sense. Why are they trying to create something that fails badly in WoW? Don't they know that no one bother to use the neutral AH in WoW?
I know tons of people who use the Goblin AH in WoW, including myself. This is an easy way to have your friend help you move gold and goods between your different faction toons for maximum profit making (or avoiding a particularly high item cost). If you don't take advantage of it, you're foolish.

I don't mind not having cross faction mail, since it will lead to nothing but abuse and has proven that time and again in other games. I get enough gold-spammer mail now just on Imperial side. I obviously do not want more from the ones spamming on Republic as well.

What annoys the crap out of me in quite a few MMOs is that they have the separate auction houses to begin with, like it'll be the end of the universe if everyone didn't post to the same AH. It's silly, arbitrary, a waste of developer time and resources, and makes the games seem smaller than they already do.