Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Rediculous ammount of smuggler loot in OPs

Allmightyprom
02.28.2012 , 11:11 PM | #1
So, it seems that Biowares loot tables for OPs are stupidly bugged or broken. We are doing Hard modes EVs and KPs and are seeing multiple items for smuggler drop per boss. Im not talking about each boss dropping 1 smuggler item, im talking about each boss dropping ONLY smuggler loot.

We did 16 man KP tonight, and i kid you not, we had 12+ pieces of smuggler rakata based gear drop. We have 1 smuggler in the raid. 2 of the bosses dropped the 3-4 of the same smuggler item and nothing for other classes. Karraga himself dropped 3 smuggler main hand weapons.

Our smugglers all have fulll rakata at least 3 or 4 times over.

Please bioware change the loot tables up a bit. Do all you devs play smuggler or what? What is the reason to give the least played class the highest chance of getting loot drops.

BW sort your loot tables out!!!
Patch 1.2 - [MANIFESTO OF INCOMPETANCE]
Support your local healers. Boycott the Patch 1.2 Healing Nerfs. Make it clear to the Devs that their idea of "balance" is unacceptable. Unsubscribe Today

snafus
02.28.2012 , 11:14 PM | #2
Completely agree we've had this same issue almost every raid now. Seems like bioware either made another mistake or simply tryed to encourage players to roll smugglers. Please bioware fix this it is far from fair that other classes get no loot because of bad loot tables.

Allmightyprom
02.29.2012 , 12:36 AM | #3
Really? no other raiding guilds finding this is the case?
Support your local healers. Boycott the Patch 1.2 Healing Nerfs. Make it clear to the Devs that their idea of "balance" is unacceptable. Unsubscribe Today

GeoLager
02.29.2012 , 12:38 AM | #4
1/4 of all drops are going to be smuggler loot. That means 1/8th of the time you will see 2 smuggler loots drop.

Either bring smugglers to raids, roll a smuggler or enjoy your vendor trash.

Deal with it.

Allmightyprom
02.29.2012 , 12:42 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by GeoLager View Post
1/4 of all drops are going to be smuggler loot. That means 1/8th of the time you will see 2 smuggler loots drop.

Either bring smugglers to raids, roll a smuggler or enjoy your vendor trash.

Deal with it.
Your math is extremely flawed. We are seeing usually 1/2 to 3/4 of all loot in a raid being smuggler. So your assumption that only 1/4 of loot will be smuggler is wrong. Plain and simple. Next time we raid, ill screenshot the loot from all bosses and show that the loot is hugely lop sided to dropping smuggler junk.

Stealthy_Monkey
02.29.2012 , 12:46 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Allmightyprom View Post
Your math is extremely flawed. We are seeing usually 1/2 to 3/4 of all loot in a raid being smuggler. So your assumption that only 1/4 of loot will be smuggler is wrong. Plain and simple. Next time we raid, ill screenshot the loot from all bosses and show that the loot is hugely lop sided to dropping smuggler junk.
His math is wrong but his point is sound

Please next time provide screen shots. I'm not sure how many pieces of loot drop from each boss, so I can't tell you how many raids you'll need to do for a statistically valid analysis, but at a guess I'd say 20-30. I'll see you in a year.

OmegaMayhem
02.29.2012 , 01:09 AM | #7
Let's keep it real, people... random is random and you bloody well know it.

Allmightyprom
02.29.2012 , 01:15 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by OmegaMayhem View Post
Let's keep it real, people... random is random and you bloody well know it.
Ive never played an MMO, including WoW...where the loot ISNT random. Having every boss drop smuggler loot without fail isnt random, sounds like a bug. I wouldnt mind if it dropped 1-2 bits of smuggler stuff instead of all 4 bits being the exact same smuggler piece. Fail.

TheLonelyTusken
02.29.2012 , 01:18 AM | #9
It seems like the OP is using the "game is broken" train to try and complain about RNG drops to actually get people to agree with him.

Op, RNG drops are RNG, no matter how many of the same drop you see, it's all random, nobody else complaining about it gives my statement more credibility as well.
/waveshands

You want to go home and rethink your life...

Anti_Bodies
02.29.2012 , 01:21 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by TheLonelyTusken View Post
It seems like the OP is using the "game is broken" train to try and complain about RNG drops to actually get people to agree with him.
this lol