Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Will Bioware make Star Wars New Republic MMO in the future

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Will Bioware make Star Wars New Republic MMO in the future

JamesBustamante
02.28.2012 , 08:54 PM | #1
Will Bioware make Star Wars New Republic MMO in the future?

In the New Republic The Jedi Temple is Called Jedi Praxeum

In the New Republic Dark Jedi Can Learn Various Abilities of Sith.

New Planets here the links http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Outer_Rim_Territories

New Evil Race Yuuzhan Vong

hope i see this game in future thanks Bioware

Guildrum
02.28.2012 , 09:18 PM | #2
Short answer: No.

Long answer: You know the sheer amount of time, energy money and dedication to make an MMO? SWTOR was a big investment as it was. No.
The Shaffer Legacy: Begeren Colony

Shaffer Lazy-eye Horace Sleth
Journalist, Pirate Bodyguard Sith

RookofKnights
02.28.2012 , 09:27 PM | #3
If they do make a New Republic, it would most likely be something akin to Jedi Academy. Probably made by Bethesda too.

Personally, I don't like Yuuzhan Vong because they remind me too much of other series where you have one giant encompassing threat above all threats:
Star Treks: Borg
Babylon 5: The Shadows
Firefly: Reapers

If they did do this then I'd prefer if the Rakata came back looking to reclaim their rule of the galaxy.

SNCommand
02.29.2012 , 12:29 AM | #4
Why would they compete with themselves for subscribers?
Quote: Originally Posted by Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw
Personally I would slap Georges hands away from the editing desk, give him a colouring book and then remake the entire prequel trilogy so that Darth Vader uses the force to win breakdance competitions and chokes to death anyone who utters the word midichlorians.

MOAI
02.29.2012 , 02:48 AM | #5
Maybe if this game fails. Jedi Knight Jedi Academy was one of the few games where going light side made you very powerful. It offered more choices to players than most star wars game before it.
I would rather see a game called the modern republic set 1000 or so years after the movies in a time with no restrictions and very few stories written about it.
I believe the fate of the jedi series ends in 43 aby and the legacy comics end in 138 aby. I do not know of any stories written after that.
A game that takes place 1000 or more years after the movies would allow open story telling and no restrictions on story lines unless lucasarts disapprove of the story line.
The vong would make a strange enemy.
The Shadowlands - Smurfete, Comicos, Revvi, Aelya, Sumwon, Mottokko, Tophh, and Sayia

PulseRazor
02.29.2012 , 03:59 AM | #6
yea lol when is SWTOR 2 comming out I need answers.

Darth_Malevolent
02.29.2012 , 04:54 AM | #7
Hope not, EU writers get too ridiculous in overpowering Skywalker and his family, frankly Im getting tired of hearing about them.... or reading about them. Why I like the Old Republic, the hero can be Ulic Qel Droma in one instant then Revan the next; their isn't some Legacy of a inconsistently overpowered family writers no longer have an imagination to build upon naturally and realistically
The Dark Side is Omnipotent in this one