Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ranged dps. Sorc vs merc vs sniper

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sage / Sorcerer
Ranged dps. Sorc vs merc vs sniper

Aquatine
03.03.2012 , 01:14 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Mcskeet View Post
Yes, the mercs do crit for 5-6k every shot. I believe you are right though that was heat seekers, and i checked and double checked last night when we ran EV again. Yup, same exact order. Noone pulls aggro off the tanks, but the one dps who is 2nd on the aggro list always gets blasted by that first boss every 30 seconds or so.
Heat seekers has a cool down and is the only ability that a merc has that can hit for 5k+ in one hit. In full Rakata and with two mercs putting heat sigs on the mob HSM crits for 5k+ regularly and 6k+ with adrenal. Tracer, the only one that can be spammed, crits for 4k when rng aligns the planets.

Paperbag_Hobo
03.03.2012 , 01:43 PM | #32
SURPRISE FACT: ANECDOTAL EVIDENCE CANNOT BE USED AS PROOF.

So all those people out there telling us merc or sniper dps is higher than a sorc because of your guild's personal experience... you're dumb.

Mcskeet
03.03.2012 , 08:50 PM | #33
Hmm, so I can't use my guilds experience because it cannot be proved.. ok.

Merc > Sniper > Sorc because Obama told me thats the order.
<><>Soriku, Mandalore the Indomitable<><>For Sorcs new and old, go here for a complete breakdown on endgame specs! http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=2694592#post2694592

Xionsmith
03.04.2012 , 03:34 AM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Aquatine View Post
Heat seekers has a cool down and is the only ability that a merc has that can hit for 5k+ in one hit. In full Rakata and with two mercs putting heat sigs on the mob HSM crits for 5k+ regularly and 6k+ with adrenal. Tracer, the only one that can be spammed, crits for 4k when rng aligns the planets.
Know how many abilities Sorcery has that can crit for 6k+? None.
Know how many abilities Sorcery has that can crit for 5k+? None.
Know how many abilities Sorcery has that can crit for 4k+? None.

Walldorf
03.04.2012 , 04:12 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Xionsmith View Post
if i hit a lvl 10 char in pvp who has no gear whith my uber imba equiped sorc i can do 4-5k ^^.

If the sorcs build theyre equip togheter out of many peaces (mods, rigs etc) they can performe very well. If you are running arround in original rakata gear your a fool.

hf ^^

Aquatine
03.04.2012 , 08:40 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Xionsmith View Post
OMG NEWS AT 10! A Class not designed for slow big hits can't crit as high as a class that is! OMG THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!

skarlson
03.04.2012 , 10:14 PM | #37
That is absolutely hilarious. You call every 1.5s or lower with alacrity slow big hits? What do you call fast? ...wait I don't even want to know it will probably be like stepping to the twilight zone to have that discussion.

Daellia
03.05.2012 , 12:31 AM | #38
Quote:
Chain Lightning can pretty easily exceed 4k in solid gear, as can Death Field. If you pop a power Adrenal and Relic, you can get both over 5k.

On the note of what counts as not "slow big hits", how about a channel that ticks once per second (before alacrity), layered on top of 3 DoTs?
Even Angels must kill from time to time... ~Kaedis

Aquatine
03.05.2012 , 03:07 AM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by skarlson View Post
That is absolutely hilarious. You call every 1.5s or lower with alacrity slow big hits? What do you call fast? ...wait I don't even want to know it will probably be like stepping to the twilight zone to have that discussion.
Since Tracer is the 1.5s cast your talking about and doesn't crit for much, then no, I don't. What I call slow is HSM on a large recast, so those big hits only happen at most every 15s, but since every cast of HSM isn't going to crit for max dmg, its much more likely to only hit as hard as say....chain lightning, and that can be cast way more often than HSM.

Sorcs are built around the dots, and ticks of FL, a lot of little hits that add up. Just because you can't crit as high as X class, doesn't mean your dps isn't as good.

Cegenaus
03.05.2012 , 03:21 AM | #40
are we talking about pvp or pve because my merc in full champ gear does not crit for 4k+ against other players unless they are fresh 50s and i pop adrenals+stims+relics. in pve HSM has crit for 5k
Cegenaus/Xyrin/Ixor/Domz
Merc/Sorc/Mara/Jugg

Vortex Reborn/Das Ubel- Terentatek