Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SWTOR dead?

MJHoyle
02.28.2012 , 11:17 AM | #1
Seems enough people wished this game dead right after launch that this is what's happened. Launch day I couldn't even log on for hours because almost every server was full or high population and I spent more time waiting for repops because of people just murdering everything in sight. Now I can't find anyone to do anything with, the zones look completely empty of people, every server is at low population. I think BW should shut down a few servers and merge some because I'm getting so bored of waiting for days for people to do something with that I'm thinking of cancelling my sub.
[PlayerX]: Wasn't numb bum in return of the Jedi?
[PlayerY]: no you mean nien numb or something like that hehe
[PlayerY]: nien nunb
[PlayerX]: Ah that wa sit

CadaKai
02.28.2012 , 11:25 AM | #2
Ok... I will explain this again since the other 100 thread didn't seem to clue you in.

The servers at launch had their populations set lower than normal to help move people around to other servers. This is why they had queues at launch.

Now that more people have reached 50 people are more spread out in the world so you will not see as many people around as you did when the entire population was in the same near level range.

Based on BW server list when you log int he game at prime time most servers are at Standard with several at high and full.

themacr
02.28.2012 , 11:28 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by CadaKai View Post
Ok... I will explain this again since the other 100 thread didn't seem to clue you in.

The servers at launch had their populations set lower than normal to help move people around to other servers. This is why they had queues at launch.

Now that more people have reached 50 people are more spread out in the world so you will not see as many people around as you did when the entire population was in the same near level range.

Based on BW server list when you log int he game at prime time most servers are at Standard with several at high and full.
Can't believe you keep trying m8, I dont think it wil ever sink in to most people.
Medicinara• Member •
Aeon Knights
• Recruitment Thread •
Multi Faction • Raiding • Lore • RP • PVP • EU • Mature •

CadaKai
02.28.2012 , 11:31 AM | #4
yeah just nevermind

lethal_ghost
02.28.2012 , 11:33 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by CadaKai View Post
were server populations set low at launch to keep everyone from rolling on the same server? Yes... everyone knows this.

When people hit 50 are there as many people in the leveling zones? No they are more spread out in the game world. everyone knows this.

Not sure why you can't see this.
every one knows this ??? where was it said. Face reality people are leaving this game
EU 2nd class player base

Xylotonic
02.28.2012 , 11:33 AM | #6
Then why didn't they create less servers and increase the cap by 15% or something?
Now we have empty Ilum, empty Rep Base, empty starter zones. If you want to see other players you need to go WZ.

Elwacko
02.28.2012 , 11:33 AM | #7
the republic side is on life support, and the imperial side took a hard hit, but is still kicking..

CadaKai
02.28.2012 , 11:34 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by lethal_ghost View Post
every one knows this ??? where was it said. Face reality people are leaving this game
yes everyone knows this... well everyone except you. It was stated many times that the server population was set low.

CadaKai
02.28.2012 , 11:35 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by lethal_ghost View Post
and of course people are leaving this game. People are also joining this game. You can't really think that an MMO would ever have 100% retention.

Xylotonic
02.28.2012 , 11:35 AM | #10
Ok great. But can you mind to explain why? We all know they were set low, but why again the bad descision?