Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

In game character Biography

Sylvan
12.16.2011 , 04:19 AM | #1
Hey all,

This is Papa Doon on the pork chop express and I'm talking to whoever is listening . (bonus point for the film reference)

Perhaps I missed the option, but does anyone know if we can write character bio's in game that other people can easily view if they want to check us out or RP with us? This has been a fairly standard facet of MMO roleplay for a long time and I suspect it's not very difficult to implement.

Make it part of the "inspect" function we have right now but let it show a space for text where we can write up the kinds of things we'd like other people to know when roleplaying with our character.

Things like.

Their accent/tone of voice
quirks and mannerisms they'd notice
Do's and Don'ts for that character such as "never just assume he is a Jedi" or "no telepathic mind reading please".

THis would help smooth RP out I feel.

/tiphat.
Jen'doon............Harkal Moravian

tXHereticXt
12.16.2011 , 05:39 AM | #2
Doesn't seem like it which I personally think is unfortunate but I'll make due. What we need is a sticky topic for Character Bios until one, if ever, is added.

Majspuffen
12.16.2011 , 05:42 AM | #3
Hoping they'll add it.

I remember that SWG had one, but WoW did not. In order to write a background, and view other's, you had to use addons... problem was, there was like a five different popular addons for that. :/ ...
Lambaste!
Best talent in the Galaxy!

fodigg
12.19.2011 , 09:56 AM | #4
One of my favorite parts of SWG was the character bio panel in /inspect. I used to save screenshots of every char bio I found.
fo diggity Column | Twitter

DuchessOfDork
12.19.2011 , 10:21 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by tXHereticXt View Post
Doesn't seem like it which I personally think is unfortunate but I'll make due. What we need is a sticky topic for Character Bios until one, if ever, is added.
There's one for Jung Ma here:

Official Jung Ma Character Thread

Nosyd
12.19.2011 , 11:22 AM | #6
Big Trouble in Little China! Jack Burton, what a great character.

...and yes, we need character bios please Bioware.
_= Jens Jutoon - Gunslinger =_
_= Jen'ju - Jedi Knight =_

The Kestrel Minority - EU/RP Guild on Trask Ulgo

Beltane
12.19.2011 , 12:05 PM | #7
I would love to see this! Bios can be very useful, and not just for RPers. In other games with them, people will put notes about selling things, their experience with raids, etc, not to mention the obvious benefits with RP.