Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

PvP lag, UI, die lockout problems

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
PvP lag, UI, die lockout problems

Rethlor's Avatar


Rethlor
12.16.2011 , 04:17 AM | #1
Hello!

I would like to share my experience about pvp. I decided to play with a smuggler, as a healer. I'm only lvl 14, so many more content is ahead, but still, there are some things that struck me when I went to warzones.

First of all, there is still the annoying lag, not that much as we saw in the beta but still, it is there and still annoying.

Secondly the heal/operation UI iss till not working properly sometimes. What I mean, is that it often does not display actual hp values properly, also the UI sometimes forget to display those who are in range. This problem also occurs in flashpoints and heroic group quests.

Thirdly, In Voidstar and Hutball when people die, they resurrect in their graveyard, and they often have to wait a lot of time before they are allowed back in the fight, and several times we won and lost because of this awful lot of wait time. It is not fair to either side, because the players are forced to watch how they lose, because the graveyard lockout forces them into spectator mode.

Lastly, and this is my own personal feeling: There is too much cc in the game, or at least the cc protection is not as strong enough. what I mean is that when you do pvp, you cannot cast nothing except instants, due to the various aoe, knockback cc, and aoe pushback (jet boost and such). It is near impossible use anything with a cast time. The problem does not lie in the above mention cc effects, but in the fact that it seems there no line drawn to limit these effects, but if there is, it is so loose, that by the time the protection kicks in, you are probably dead already 90% of the time.
"A man does what he must - in spite of personal consequences, in spite of obstacles and dangers and pressures."

Shlamorel's Avatar


Shlamorel
12.16.2011 , 04:31 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Rethlor View Post
Hello!
Secondly the heal/operation UI iss till not working properly sometimes. What I mean, is that it often does not display actual hp values properly, also the UI sometimes forget to display those who are in range. This problem also occurs in flashpoints and heroic group quests.

Yes, this is one of the biggest issues in my personal opinion to the game. We need to have this fixed ASAP.

Quote: Originally Posted by Rethlor View Post
Lastly, and this is my own personal feeling: There is too much cc in the game, or at least the cc protection is not as strong enough. what I mean is that when you do pvp, you cannot cast nothing except instants, due to the various aoe, knockback cc, and aoe pushback (jet boost and such). It is near impossible use anything with a cast time. The problem does not lie in the above mention cc effects, but in the fact that it seems there no line drawn to limit these effects, but if there is, it is so loose, that by the time the protection kicks in, you are probably dead already 90% of the time.
I tend to agree, but consider this: a lot of healers (me, for example, at level13) don't have dispels yet. I think as more healers level up and attain a dispel, that should help some with the CCs (healers dispelling others). It may not fix it all but it should help some. But yes, like you said, sometimes the timeframe is so short that a dispel would be way too late.

Rethlor's Avatar


Rethlor
12.16.2011 , 04:43 AM | #3
Quote:
I tend to agree, but consider this: a lot of healers (me, for example, at level13) don't have dispels yet. I think as more healers level up and attain a dispel, that should help some with the CCs (healers dispelling others). It may not fix it all but it should help some. But yes, like you said, sometimes the timeframe is so short that a dispel would be way too late.
I hear you. It's just it is ridiculous sometimes, that often not one enemy target you, and still, you cannot pull off just one lousy heal with a cast time. I'm sure others who are just do dps fells about this the same. Like sith warriors who cannot cast a ravage a channeled ability because a consular decides to use force wave and knocks them back. Lousy isn't it?
"A man does what he must - in spite of personal consequences, in spite of obstacles and dangers and pressures."

Shlamorel's Avatar


Shlamorel
12.16.2011 , 04:48 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Rethlor View Post
I hear you! It's just it is ridiculous sometimes, that often not one enemy target you, and still, you cannot pull off just one lousy heal with a cast time.
I'm hoping that gaining access to higher level healing abilities (for me, an instant HoT and instant shield) will help resolve some of these problems.

Quinan's Avatar


Quinan
12.16.2011 , 05:46 AM | #5
You have got to remember that this game will likely have many more bugs for at least another 2 months. Once the game is officially released to everyone, bioware will get notified more and more and bugs, lag issues etc and they will resolve the issue. You just have to be patient tbh.

Pandamime's Avatar


Pandamime
12.16.2011 , 05:50 AM | #6
Fix the UI Problem already. The only reason it's not as bad as Stress Test Weekend is before there aren't as many people. This problem needs to be addressed immediately.