Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Seriously Do something about the Security

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Seriously Do something about the Security

EnireDrachen
12.16.2011 , 04:13 AM | #1
I don't know one of my security answers can't think of it for the life of me. Now I am looked out of my account the game and everything else..... I don't even get a best 2 out 3 or 3 out of the 5? Can't get ahold of customer support to do anything about it.

CrymzenSith
12.16.2011 , 04:14 AM | #2
its not an issue with security, security is good...its just your human error for forgetting, keep trying support is all you can do
Jedi Sentinel-Level 50

Sendai_S
12.16.2011 , 04:16 AM | #3
Once you remember what you did - try writing them down somewhere safe. For one of mine when it came up I very nearly forgot what I put and that inspired me to do just that.
---
Griefing doesn't make you cool. It doesn't make you better player. All it does is tell the rest of the world that you are not someone worth knowing.

Dutch_Celt
12.16.2011 , 04:16 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by EnireDrachen View Post
I don't know one of my security answers can't think of it for the life of me. Now I am looked out of my account the game and everything else..... I don't even get a best 2 out 3 or 3 out of the 5? Can't get ahold of customer support to do anything about it.
Go and reset your password through the forgot password option, you'll get two more tries per reset, with the same question unfortunatly.

BUT...

If you really can't remember them, you might try the following, IF:

- you use autocomplete in your browser
- you didn't throw away cookies
- you are on the computer you registered the questions

Go create a new account, and go to the area you can put the security questions in.
If you are lucky, autocomplete will fill in the answers you gave.

Worked for me anyway

ScytheNoire
12.16.2011 , 04:18 AM | #5
So, you made up an answer to a basic question and you can't remember now what your answer was?

Definitely a user error problem.

darkdesertwolf
12.16.2011 , 04:19 AM | #6
Friend of ours set his security question, then logged in fine, and now it will not accept the CORRECT answer for the security question. He did not forget it, he tried autocomplete, password reset, etc.

My acct asked me for a security question while I was setting up my Authenticator that I had not set. I have all my Security Questions and answers written down, and the Honeymoon one is one that I never used... not being married, and all.

So yeah, not user *********** error. It's broke.

zejaie
12.16.2011 , 04:20 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by EnireDrachen View Post
User error, you will have to call customer service and have them reset your password. Once they do that, try writting them down somewhere or use answers that you will remember.
-What should I mentally prepare for as a new healer?
People thinking that you heal them out in spite of any **** they do!

Sendai_S
12.16.2011 , 04:26 AM | #8
Remember the answers have to be identical in every respect to what you entered for them when you answered your questions.

Jedi Knight

as an answer to a question cannot ever be

jedi knight

JEDI KNIGHT

Jediknight

or Jed1 Knight

Space, symbols and every character you type in has to be 100% digitally identical.
---
Griefing doesn't make you cool. It doesn't make you better player. All it does is tell the rest of the world that you are not someone worth knowing.

darkdesertwolf
12.16.2011 , 04:28 AM | #9
What about those that ARE doing it identical, or are getting security questions that they never, ever asked.

Necrotoad
12.16.2011 , 04:28 AM | #10
There was a post about this...out of the thousands of customer service calls on this topic not one time was it the system...every time it was the users error...keep trying support calls