Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why did the Sith reveal themselves?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Why did the Sith reveal themselves?

gtmach
02.27.2012 , 03:19 PM | #1
This was a question that's always bothered me with the prequels.

The Sith revealed their existence in Ep. 1 when Maul was sent after the Queen and her entourage.

But I was always wondering why Palpatine chose to reveal the Sith at all. Wouldn't it have been better to operate in secret until the time was right in Ep. 3?

viewtifuldee
02.27.2012 , 03:25 PM | #2
Being a slave to the dark sides implies that you're not very bright.
█╬╬╬╬╬╬█|{ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀)

Tovenar
02.27.2012 , 03:26 PM | #3
Because without Lightsaber battles it just isn't a complete movie.
"So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb."

-Darth Helmet

TheLonelyTusken
02.27.2012 , 03:29 PM | #4
Not really, Palpatine needed something to occupy the Jedi with and cloud their thoughts with. If they were per-occupied with trying to hunt down the Sith and fight a war, they wouldn't notice Palpatine's gradual rise to power. Also, the movies would lose a lot of their zing without the Sith battles and good vs. evil vibe.
/waveshands

You want to go home and rethink your life...

VanorDM
02.27.2012 , 03:36 PM | #5
The whole behind Maul was to have someone Sid didn't care about losing, to throw in front of the Jedi so they'd start hunting the Sith. That gave him the ability to move around in the Senate without being interfered with by the Jedi.

Sid never had any intention of Maul actually becoming a Dark Lord or anything else, he was throw at the Jedi to keep them distracted and maybe do a little damage before he died.

Darth_Solrac
02.27.2012 , 04:26 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by gtmach View Post

The Sith revealed their existence in Ep. 1 when Maul was sent after the Queen and her entourage.

But I was always wondering why Palpatine chose to reveal the Sith at all. Wouldn't it have been better to operate in secret until the time was right in Ep. 3?
The tax deduction?
Nobody expects the Sith Inquisition!
Guild: Imperial Army.
Darth (Markos) Solrac: LV 50, Dark Sith Sorcerer.
Draykos Solrac: LV 29, Dark grey Jedi Guardian.

BrandonSM
02.27.2012 , 04:58 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by gtmach View Post

Actually Maul was suppose to kill the Jedi and the Queen. So if he succeeded, the Siht probably wouldn't have been revealed.
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

psandak
02.27.2012 , 05:23 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by BrandonSM View Post
Actually Maul was suppose to kill the Jedi and the Queen. So if he succeeded, the Siht probably wouldn't have been revealed.
Well the holes in their guts or them being cut in half or whatever would have a been a good sign of either dark jedi or sith. Either way, the Jedi Order would have been on the lookout for evil force users.

Also when you consider that Sidious/Palpatine seemed to be working many steps in advance, it can be inferred that he knew Maul would fail.