Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Auto asign of items in normal opperations - How to make it better!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Auto asign of items in normal opperations - How to make it better!

DrJawaPhD
02.28.2012 , 01:54 AM | #11
The dumbest part about the auto assigning loot is that at the very LEAST, all they have to do is force normal mode raids to use Need/Greed, and then only allow Need rolls on items for your class. So basically for PUGs, the Need/Greed system is exactly the same as the current system (since let's be honest, everyone will NEED every single item they can, and the system autoassigns each loot), but for guild groups you could purposely pass to the people you want to win

I still prefer just being allowed to use whatever you want, but if Bioware insists on protecting pugs from master loot mayhem, the above idea works perfectly while also working fairly well for non-pugs

lukeskyrimmer
02.28.2012 , 05:23 AM | #12
Done 3 runs on EV normal and only ever got one item auto assigned to me after three attempts. The other sage healers who are better geared than me im a sage dps by the way all ways get the auto loot.

How is that fair I find also in any HM FP when I roll on a green I win it when I roll on something purple I all ways loose. The loot system is starting to piss me right off.

Rabix
02.28.2012 , 07:46 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by lukeskyrimmer View Post
Done 3 runs on EV normal and only ever got one item auto assigned to me after three attempts. The other sage healers who are better geared than me im a sage dps by the way all ways get the auto loot.

How is that fair I find also in any HM FP when I roll on a green I win it when I roll on something purple I all ways loose. The loot system is starting to piss me right off.
RNG loot roll system has been specifically set up to troll you on purples. Only explanation >_>

Bravemonster
02.28.2012 , 07:58 AM | #14
I'm not saying this as a knock against anyone.

I believe they had normal modes auto assign loot because it was meant as a pug kind of thing.

If you think of it as LFR in WOW, just with a random loot mechanic as opposed to classes rolling all willy-nilly on loot, it's pretty much the same thing.

Hardmodes and Nightmare Mode were meant for guild runs.

Not to mention the exact same loot, aside from a few pieces, drops from hardmode flashpoints.
Blazers and Lasers
Valzina Blazer (Member)
Site | Suit Up
| Stream

Deurg
02.28.2012 , 11:07 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Foenixz View Post
The system as is; is not bad. The problem comes in when people think every pc of gear that drops should be usable by the group. No MMo has ever been like this I have ever played. It's ridiculously easy to get geared in this game and adding master loot makes EV one 5 boss loot run. How hard was ICC to get gear in?

If ML is implemented it needs to be with less loot. I was able to be geared for HM runs in one EV and we haven't looked back since out first one.

Actually, I have to disagree to an extent. The problems show themselves in guillds when you need specific toons to get specific items. For instance, we're darn close to starting hard mode operations, but a few of our guys don't have their columni weapons because the same people keep getting assigned the drops.

I don't feel comfortable racing against the Enrage timers on Hardmode with half Columni gear (less main hand weapons). Personally, I think the loot system exists for one reason ... to be a bottle neck for those trying to progress.

The (broken) normal mode operation loot system will go away .... but only when there is more end game content ... enough that BioWare no longer needs the bottle neck to slow down progression through their content.

Foenixz
02.28.2012 , 11:27 PM | #16
Don't need Columi weapons I am in Nightmares with a 1.1 because stupid karaga won't drop a SW MH and you can't buy it with comms
Member Synergy Online Gaming

since 2002 and we are still going strong

DrJawaPhD
02.28.2012 , 11:27 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Bravemonster View Post
If you think of it as LFR in WOW, just with a random loot mechanic as opposed to classes rolling all willy-nilly on loot, it's pretty much the same thing.
This is what makes it so inexcusable though. All they had to do was exactly copy the WoW LFR system which forces you to use Need/Greed, and only allows you to Need items for your class. Stays the same for PUGs, and problem is (mostly) solved for guild groups.

They already had the damn answer and all they had to do was copy WoW, but they purposely tried to reinvent the wheel by shaping it as a square

Aritok
02.29.2012 , 02:41 AM | #18
The best way for guilds to gear up new player on normal is to reduce the class, that need the item, to one.

We did it to gear up a sage and a guardian. Rest of the raid were 6 Trooper and Smuggler.
Its not the best, and still way to random. But its a good, fast way to gear the two up. And way faster than to try to get the loot from HM FPs.

Hojdar
02.29.2012 , 02:47 AM | #19
I don't think guilds ever were intented to run normal operations, It's just too easy to get through. Normal mode was meant for people to pug, so they could experience the raid without beeing in a guild and get a chance at some decent loot.

The loot system raises some eyesbrows I agree, but the normal mode is just the product of "everyone should be able to experience everything", and not intended for guild raiding.

anstalt
02.29.2012 , 06:19 AM | #20
Whilst the auto-assigning on normal mode is terrible, the main problem I have is that each piece of columi/rakata gear is designated for a specific base class, e.g. consular or smuggler.

That is so much more of a limiting factor than auto-assigning.

LOTRO had best loot assignment imo. Barter items dropped that could be used by any class present (so, you never junked armour unless everyone had it) and the master looter system, need/greed system and roll/pass system were extremely easy to use and never bugged out.

Having items assigned to a class is just another artifical grind, another rng to conquer and its fecking annoying. The devs obviously didn't learn their lesson from WAR which also had terrible loot.
Anstalt - lvl 50 valor 81 Shadow Consular

Currently retired due to poor design decisions within the game that have killed its longevity. Get rid of Hickman before he ruins the game completely!