Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Auto asign of items in normal opperations - How to make it better!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Auto asign of items in normal opperations - How to make it better!

Snoizer
02.27.2012 , 03:09 PM | #1
I have an idea that may how been brought up but that I think is a must to be brought in to the game. he system that auto asigns the loot to one "suitable" player in normal opperations is AWFUL for guild runs. Me and my guild is trying to gear up for Hard Mode but I keep getting items that I already have that someone else need.

Here is my idea.

Before the opperation starts the group leader can start a vote. In the vote u can vote either "yes" or "no" on the question "Do you want to use master loot". If everyone votes "yes" (100%) the master loot aplies. If anyone votes no, the same system is kept. This will make it easier for guilds and also dont ruin it for PuGs.

What do you think?

Laokoon
02.27.2012 , 03:20 PM | #2
That sounds like a fair and equitable solution, therefor people will be attacking your stance shortly.

Honestly, the more choices/options people have on how to do anything in a game, the better (usually). Give people more options to set loot rules allows more people to play the game the way they would like. More options rarely hurts people's enjoyment of the game. The more people that get to play the game "their way" where "their way" doesn't negatively impact other people's enjoyment of the game, the better.
If you respond to my post and/or argument then you agree this conversation is bound by the Rational Discussion Flow-Chart.
If you like to game with rational-minded, polite, and intelligent people, please consider joining the Fallen Kindred.

schwiz
02.27.2012 , 07:54 PM | #3
Really the group leader should just be able to change the looting system to whatever they want. If the group is a pug and a member doesn't like what the loot system is set to they are free to leave or start their own group. This system needs to be fixed ASAP its so horrible. Just the other day I was helping guildies clear regular EV. I am a trooper, I have two pairs of rakata pants 3 pairs of columi pants. The trooper pants drop and they are auto awarded to me instead of the other trooper in the group wearing fresh 50 gear. So freaking stupid...

Rafkin
02.27.2012 , 08:12 PM | #4
There is nothing good about this system and whoever came up with it and the person that approved it should not be making mmos

DarthDemens
02.27.2012 , 08:18 PM | #5
The other option is to have it default to the auto-assign, but allow the people the gear is assigned to the option to "pass" the gear on to a Need/Greed roll.
Oh, great . you live on in our hearts!
Comprehensive Guide to Space Missions

Jacobusb
02.27.2012 , 08:23 PM | #6
Or if you are trying to gear out a trooper, dont bring any other troopers?

maybe...?

I doubt Bioware is going to change Normal Ops loot system anytime soon, so just deal with it, or do hardmodes. Problem solved
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.

MashTactics
02.27.2012 , 08:49 PM | #7
That's... actually a good idea.

Bravo.

livnthedream
02.27.2012 , 08:53 PM | #8
what you perceive as a problem isnt one. the current system is a slightly improved version of the bag system that was unveiled during beta. it was met with a very high level of praise. all they did was give comms to everyone and remove the actual loot bag.

Aestel
02.27.2012 , 09:07 PM | #9
I think what would make it better is to make the tokens it assigns you none class specific, would make it useful if you already had the gear as you could gear up companions.

Also while I'd keep the distribution the same I'd wrap what people had recieved into individual bags as I think this would remove some of the confusion where people see a token they could use going to someone who doesn't need it. People are to use to the items themselves being the source of randomness particularly as its the system used exclusively elsewhere in the game.

Foenixz
02.27.2012 , 09:09 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Snoizer View Post
I have an idea that may how been brought up but that I think is a must to be brought in to the game. he system that auto asigns the loot to one "suitable" player in normal opperations is AWFUL for guild runs. Me and my guild is trying to gear up for Hard Mode but I keep getting items that I already have that someone else need.

Here is my idea.

Before the opperation starts the group leader can start a vote. In the vote u can vote either "yes" or "no" on the question "Do you want to use master loot". If everyone votes "yes" (100%) the master loot aplies. If anyone votes no, the same system is kept. This will make it easier for guilds and also dont ruin it for PuGs.

What do you think?
The system as is; is not bad. The problem comes in when people think every pc of gear that drops should be usable by the group. No MMo has ever been like this I have ever played. It's ridiculously easy to get geared in this game and adding master loot makes EV one 5 boss loot run. How hard was ICC to get gear in?

If ML is implemented it needs to be with less loot. I was able to be geared for HM runs in one EV and we haven't looked back since out first one.

The solution as presented in another thread:

2 random Tionese off pieces (tier 1.1)
1 Columi token per boss by class
The current Tionese Comms and Crystals
The Weekly Quest would be for a random boss of the first 4 NOT Soa...
One Schematic random drop
Chance for up to two crafting mats

That would gear and comms would be flowing pretty well.

PS Depending on role you only need 3 or pcs of Columi gear to run HMs. I also want to thank the people in here for not nerd raging and trolling either for or against the eOP
Member Synergy Online Gaming

since 2002 and we are still going strong