Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Flashpoints at 50. A serious design flaw.

Jandi
02.27.2012 , 08:55 AM | #1
So here is the matter. Doing flashpoints at lvl50 is completely and utterly pointless. With 2 characters now, a tank and a healer, I haven't done any flashpoints. Why? Because they are not worth the effort. Normal mode loot is worthless, you can craft/buy from GTN/get armorings from dailies and those are good enough to breeze through normal EV and KP.

Let's take False emp. On HM, it takes like 1.5h to do. We cleared both operations on normal in 3h, 3 hours! I was the MT with nothing but crafted/daily comm gear with no problems. Our 2nd healer dinged 50 6h prior to the raid. This was our alt raid, that consists of (shockingly) alts. We have 2 main groups that do hard/nightmare.

Now I'm aware that people that do not want to do operations only have flashpoints but, those of us with a decent guild can completely ignore flashpoints. Is this intended? If so, fine, that's the design decision but I just find it kind of... self-defeating.

Thoughts? Ideas? Possible solutions? Working as intended? I'm just wondering, this isn't a thread about whining that the game is catered to the casuals, so do not even go there.
Those that demand respect deserve only pity.

ArtMonster
02.27.2012 , 08:59 AM | #2
different people play.

with different playstyles.

in which nobody's style is better than anothers.

swtor provides for many types of playstyles.

enjoy your style.

I'm enjoying mine.

others are enjoying theirs.

Jandi
02.27.2012 , 09:02 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by ArtMonster View Post
different people play.

with different playstyles.

in which nobody's style is better than anothers.

swtor provides for many types of playstyles.

enjoy your style.

I'm enjoying mine.

others are enjoying theirs.
The post was only a few VERY short paragraphs... and you didn't even bother reading that?
Those that demand respect deserve only pity.

BCBull
02.27.2012 , 09:04 AM | #4
So it is that easy on the pve side One of the reason I left that 7 year old game.

Baneberry
02.27.2012 , 09:17 AM | #5
It is working as intended.

Bioware said that normal mode operations would be clear able by people in questing gear long before the game went live.
I bring you pain, the kind you cant suffer quietly!

Prolyfic
02.27.2012 , 09:20 AM | #6
Wow...

I mean I do agree a little bit the loot needs to be spread out more.. i.e. gotta do normal fps to gear up for hm fps/normal ops, gotta do those to gear up for hm ops, then gotta do those to gear up for NM ops..

but yea.. an alt run by ppl who cleared NM is NEVER gonna be indicative of what ppl coming into normal the first time will see or be capable of. Really dude??
Kaine - 50 Shieldtech - Razor
Raize
- 50 Marauder - Razor
Jugg vs PT: The Fundamental Difference

drollzito
02.27.2012 , 09:22 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Jandi View Post
So here is the matter. Doing flashpoints at lvl50 is completely and utterly pointless. With 2 characters now, a tank and a healer, I haven't done any flashpoints. Why? Because they are not worth the effort. Normal mode loot is worthless, you can craft/buy from GTN/get armorings from dailies and those are good enough to breeze through normal EV and KP.

Let's take False emp. On HM, it takes like 1.5h to do. We cleared both operations on normal in 3h, 3 hours! I was the MT with nothing but crafted/daily comm gear with no problems. Our 2nd healer dinged 50 6h prior to the raid. This was our alt raid, that consists of (shockingly) alts. We have 2 main groups that do hard/nightmare.

Now I'm aware that people that do not want to do operations only have flashpoints but, those of us with a decent guild can completely ignore flashpoints. Is this intended? If so, fine, that's the design decision but I just find it kind of... self-defeating.

Thoughts? Ideas? Possible solutions? Working as intended? I'm just wondering, this isn't a thread about whining that the game is catered to the casuals, so do not even go there.
You are 100% correct...
I started a topic here about this issue...
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=323308

TUXs
02.27.2012 , 09:24 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Jandi View Post
Now I'm aware that people that do not want to do operations only have flashpoints but, those of us with a decent guild can completely ignore flashpoints. Is this intended?
It's a choice. It's not forced upon you and YOU have made the decision to skip them. Why is this an issue??
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here)

Acri
02.27.2012 , 09:25 AM | #9
HM Flashpoints are harder than Normal Ops. I feel like it was probably intended.
WRATH
Acrimony & Win - Vulkar Highway
www.Wrath-Tor.com

wifeaggro
02.27.2012 , 09:28 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Baneberry View Post
It is working as intended.

Bioware said that normal mode operations would be clear able by people in questing gear long before the game went live.
Ehhmm he is talking about hardmoe FP's . you should be in mostly columi to do HMfp's if they are doing it in oranges with daily mods he is correct their is a design flaw.
I