Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Would be nice to know pre access ahead of time...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Would be nice to know pre access ahead of time...

Zardiel
12.13.2011 , 11:26 AM | #31
Look, the simple truth is, Bioware - like any business out there - are choosing the most efficient ways to do this so that they can minimise launch problems. Yeah, sure, knowing ahead of time would've been nice, but there are so many more things you have to consider when you look at it from their perspective. It's really not as simple as it may look.

The videogame industry, ESPECIALLY when it comes to MMOs, is so much more complicated than we, as players, understand it. Bioware can't start making promises about these sorts of things, because they can't see the future. Anything could happen tomorrow. No matter how efficient a company is, no matter how experienced or professional they are, things can always go wrong, the possibility is always there. And when you've got hundreds of thousands of players, it is literally impossible to please everyone.

But, based on their track record, they sure as hell do a better job than most other videogame developers.

thesupermanj
12.13.2011 , 11:44 AM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Angryorc View Post
Gift my ***... we paid extra for it...

End of the world no, but when you pay extra for early access which at this rate won't happen is.. not right at all.
Pure Epic BS. You did NOT pay extra for early access. If you bought anything above the standard addition, you paid for those pretty little toys that come in your box and those extra little digital items. A CHANCE at early access was given to anyone who preordered. If you bought anything above the standard edition because you THOUGHT you were guaranteed early access, you either have reading comprehension problems or don't listen worth a damn.

Its been all over the promotions and official announcements that early access would be for all editions, on a first come first serve system based on when you registered your preorder code. It was also announced that early access would be 5 days.

I preordered my standard edition July 21, and registered my code July 22 and I am in the game as of 8:45am est this morning. I am in the game 7 days before release, thats 2 days extra, that is a GIFT. It is a GIFT that we got early access at all since it had always been advertised as a CHANCE. No promises, no guarantees. Infact no one can even use the arguement that "I Paid for this so I deserve something now" considering you paid for a game that has a release date of 12/20. You haven't paid for a thing yet.

Their customer service is flooded with the same people who are flooding this forum, most of which are probably posting and calling at the same time.
Squadron 367 (▀!Ξ[▀!▀(Θ)▀!▀]Ξ▀!!██████████████████████████████████) My Saga Began 12/13/11 8:45am

Crackerjacks
12.13.2011 , 11:55 AM | #33
EGA is only a "gift" when you get in ahead of other people. If they said the release date was the 13th, but 90% of you will have to wait until the 20th, would you call it a gift if you were playing on the 20th?

MMOs are pretty competitive with getting levels/gear into guilds. Everyone who isn't getting into EGA is going to be pretty disadvantaged for a while unless they no-life it.

The one good thing this does though is spreads out the population to different worlds.

Boancrush
12.13.2011 , 11:55 AM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Zardiel View Post
Look, the simple truth is, Bioware - like any business out there - are choosing the most efficient ways to do this so that they can minimise launch problems. Yeah, sure, knowing ahead of time would've been nice, but there are so many more things you have to consider when you look at it from their perspective. It's really not as simple as it may look.

The videogame industry, ESPECIALLY when it comes to MMOs, is so much more complicated than we, as players, understand it. Bioware can't start making promises about these sorts of things, because they can't see the future. Anything could happen tomorrow. No matter how efficient a company is, no matter how experienced or professional they are, things can always go wrong, the possibility is always there. And when you've got hundreds of thousands of players, it is literally impossible to please everyone.

But, based on their track record, they sure as hell do a better job than most other videogame developers.
Its pretty simple if you ask me, there is a HUGE fan base based on the the STAR WARS genre alone, some of which people have never played MMO's and are only playing it because of their love for STAR WARS alone. They have plenty of money to launch many more servers than needed at launch, at which time they can roll back unneeded servers as need be, so there really isnt a need for this rolling headstart/Early access, and if the majority of us had known that our early access was based upon our pre-order date, we would've ordered earlier...Major fail on BW's account

Boancrush
12.13.2011 , 12:11 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by thesupermanj View Post
Pure Epic BS. You did NOT pay extra for early access. If you bought anything above the standard addition, you paid for those pretty little toys that come in your box and those extra little digital items. A CHANCE at early access was given to anyone who preordered. If you bought anything above the standard edition because you THOUGHT you were guaranteed early access, you either have reading comprehension problems or don't listen worth a damn.

Its been all over the promotions and official announcements that early access would be for all editions, on a first come first serve system based on when you registered your preorder code. It was also announced that early access would be 5 days.

I preordered my standard edition July 21, and registered my code July 22 and I am in the game as of 8:45am est this morning. I am in the game 7 days before release, thats 2 days extra, that is a GIFT. It is a GIFT that we got early access at all since it had always been advertised as a CHANCE. No promises, no guarantees. Infact no one can even use the arguement that "I Paid for this so I deserve something now" considering you paid for a game that has a release date of 12/20. You haven't paid for a thing yet.

Their customer service is flooded with the same people who are flooding this forum, most of which are probably posting and calling at the same time.

Lets see these original promtions and official announcements you speack of unless its useless banter by a non bioware employee...They stated up to 5 days early access with a pre-order, they never stated by chance nor by the day you pre-ordered in which you would get in.

Mourngrymm
12.13.2011 , 12:11 PM | #36
I agree with the sentiment I have seen about the communication piece of this. Myself personally I always knew that invites would be staggered because I read the preorder agreement. However I do feel that they could have at least communicated who would be in each wave and then kept us posted on what wave is being currently invited.

For example an email like this going out to everyone today:

Congratulations you will be included in wave 16 of invites to early access. Stay tuned to facebook, twitter, or our forums to monitor the progress of ongoing invites. Thank you for your patience.

If the communication were better as noted above people would not be raging as much as they are just because they would have a clue about what is going on. If they would update me I would not get upset. If I still have no idea whats going on in 2 days then I may join the rage...

Trineda
12.13.2011 , 12:12 PM | #37
Hello everyone,

We are closing this thread. The Early Access 'Waves' are a current hot topic and we encourage you to direct your discussion to that thread. Thanks!