Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Would be nice to know pre access ahead of time...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Would be nice to know pre access ahead of time...

McVade
12.13.2011 , 10:32 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Halden View Post
Maybe you shouldn't be planning your life around a video game. HTH
Maybe you shouldn't be spending your life trolling a video game's forum.

I agree OP. At least knowing would be nice.
The Official Unofficial Figurehead Of The December Procrastinators.
Fixed for George Lucas
Quote: Originally Posted by Ossos View Post
"I'm going to keep paying $15 a month for creamed corn because one day I might like it."

Kreaus
12.13.2011 , 10:47 AM | #22
i agree an estimated time would have been nice,that way people only get mad once ,and get over it.Waiting for every wave only to be denied again and again. that only builds anger i think.The waves are a great idea, but i feal like im being teased by BW with each and every wave when they could have just gave us an estimated date /time

Sullydog
12.13.2011 , 10:49 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by gkar View Post
I am just saying... from a customer perspective it would be nice to know when my pre access begins ahead of time. That way people can plan their week of play or whatever. Rather than "keep waiting for the invite email" would have been nice to know ahead of time in order to plan a day off or whatever.

Customer service fail...
I agree with this - It's not that most people want to 'plan their life around a video game' - not at all, I have a job and a family, but it would be great to know when I might generally expect to be allowed into game so I can have a bit of free time to enjoy it..Many of us have looked forward to the game for a long time and this staggering stuff is really frustrating.

By the end of the day you would think they would have a general idea of when you may get access. Wouldn't hurt to give us an idea.

Angryorc
12.13.2011 , 10:52 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by ciedeeh View Post
Their situation is changing constantly because of server tests. You need to just take a deep breath, go outside, and relax. It's not the end of the world.

EGA was a gift. They didn't even need to do this for us.
Gift my ***... we paid extra for it...

End of the world no, but when you pay extra for early access which at this rate won't happen is.. not right at all.

Nilea
12.13.2011 , 10:57 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by ciedeeh View Post
Their situation is changing constantly because of server tests. You need to just take a deep breath, go outside, and relax. It's not the end of the world.

EGA was a gift. They didn't even need to do this for us.
I would say it is kind of random.. The first wave was about 4 hours ago (per Twitter) around 7 am EST. the second about an hour later, 8 am, then the third just went out 40 min ago (1010 am).... one more to go for today according to the feed.

Boancrush
12.13.2011 , 11:00 AM | #26
If you say that you'll be sending an email with early launch dates based upon code redemption then send them on the date you promised....This crap about only sending emails on the day that we are able to play is total bull...I understand the staggered launch idea but making us wait for an email until said date is very lame imho......

Arysta
12.13.2011 , 11:03 AM | #27
I think if they just said something like, "We just invited people who preordered from day x to date y" it would keep people happy. You could estimate for yourself without them having to set up a hard time table.

Eventin
12.13.2011 , 11:06 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by gkar View Post
Actually since I do work in customer service and have recently released a product with early access. We structured our early access by letting every one who got early access to the product know ahead of time. It's called good planning.

I am not asking to be let in all at once. I am just saying it would be nice to know ahead of time that I will have access on X day or even not until Dec 20th. Which is a pretty chill way to say it i think. Customer service 101 set an expectation and exceed it.
Agreed. I don't care when they let us in, but they need more transparency in their communications so their customer base can make plans around it. Their initial communications did not give any indication that only a small percentage of people were going to get access to play today.

Colryn
12.13.2011 , 11:08 AM | #29
The only people who don't find this lack of information ahead of time disturbing are either kids with too much free time, no jobs or players with access already to the game.

In any case people need to stop being so quick to troll and flame other player's issues with the lack of organization shown by BW.

DimindRV
12.13.2011 , 11:10 AM | #30
Agreed OP.This is about the dumbest release I've seen in a long time.