Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Would be nice to know pre access ahead of time...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Would be nice to know pre access ahead of time...

Bad-Mojo
12.13.2011 , 10:05 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by ciedeeh View Post

EGA was a gift. They didn't even need to do this for us.
I think people are confusing "gift" and "incentive." In either case they didn't have to do it, but offering an incentive to purchase/upgrade a product isn't a gift.

Gift = "SURPRISE, you totally didn't see it coming but BAM early access!" or "Great news! we decided to allow early access, stay tuned for emails!"

Incentive = "Purchase before [date] or from [retailer] or upgrade to [special] edition and get [bonus]" or specifically "Promise us your money now and get early access."

I do agree folks need to settle down. 5/22 here and no code, I work the next two days so if I don't get in that's it until the weekend (which is already busy) - I'm not crying. If we wanted to stick to the gift analogy the extra two days could be considered a gift, but overall early access is something that was paid for as part of a bundle.

Craoeli
12.13.2011 , 10:13 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by gkar View Post
i am just saying it would be nice to know... I work in customer service... The worst thing you can do is not communicate and this is what is happening. Unfortunately it is a pattern of this games customer service. This is how the folks were treated in beta as well. We are now paying for the service and should be treated as customers. If they aren't going to treat us this way in beta because "beta is a gift" and or transition to this in the pre access because "pre access is a gift" then you can't just turn on the customer service gene on Dec 20th and say ok now we are going to treat you all as customers.
I work in customer service too. Anyone who gets a product before it's release date also is always well aware that things will happen and everything they want will not happen when they want it. Bioware has communicated very well with how they are doing things and what will happen. You just don't have a set date. Considering you say you work in customer service, then you should be WELL aware of the fact that customers do not get set dates on a product that is not LIVE. Early Access is in fact not a live product, but the ability to have access to a product ahead of time with the knowledge that it's is a bit of a stress test of sorts. If they let everyone in all at once and the servers crash hard, then NOBODY is happy and no one gets to play.

Chill out and have fun when you do finally get to play.

Nussam
12.13.2011 , 10:17 AM | #13
Thing is... true... they say we may get in UP TO 5 days earlier (actually seven now)
So, that sentence makes it clear that we can play either 7 days earlier or just 1.
The thing is, we are all blinded to where the invites are heading, I mean.
If they are following the timeline in which we redeemed our pre-order codes, they could do graphics like this:
07:00 AM EST - First Wave Codes from July 21 to July 25
08:00 AM EST - Second Wave Codes from July 25 to July 29

You get it right? It's not that hard and would allow us to make our own forecast of the time we might be able to play

MonsAlpha
12.13.2011 , 10:19 AM | #14
Yeah it'd be nice to know that I can actually do something today instead of constantly pressing refresh on my phone. I don't really see how difficult it is to say "If you preordered anywhere between x and y then you'll get in on z." I understand there may be difficulties and some may not get in on that specific day, but it'd be nice to know when to expect it.
Kalena
<LF Love in Alderaan Places>

Carnegao
12.13.2011 , 10:20 AM | #15
Well,

First, I paid for it, so its not a gift by all means;

Second, As a paid service I want to know when can I gain access to it;

Third, bioware still have a lot to learn;
don't drink and drive, smoke and fly
Peace!

gkar
12.13.2011 , 10:22 AM | #16
Actually since I do work in customer service and have recently released a product with early access. We structured our early access by letting every one who got early access to the product know ahead of time. It's called good planning.

I am not asking to be let in all at once. I am just saying it would be nice to know ahead of time that I will have access on X day or even not until Dec 20th. Which is a pretty chill way to say it i think. Customer service 101 set an expectation and exceed it.

Quote: Originally Posted by Craoeli View Post
I work in customer service too. Anyone who gets a product before it's release date also is always well aware that things will happen and everything they want will not happen when they want it. Bioware has communicated very well with how they are doing things and what will happen. You just don't have a set date. Considering you say you work in customer service, then you should be WELL aware of the fact that customers do not get set dates on a product that is not LIVE. Early Access is in fact not a live product, but the ability to have access to a product ahead of time with the knowledge that it's is a bit of a stress test of sorts. If they let everyone in all at once and the servers crash hard, then NOBODY is happy and no one gets to play.

Chill out and have fun when you do finally get to play.
G'Kar

SWG Veteran 31 profession Jedi Unlocked

Cyprax
12.13.2011 , 10:23 AM | #17
How dare they attempt to let some of us in 2 days early! RAGE!!!

MarketPlunger
12.13.2011 , 10:23 AM | #18
Agreed but oh well. If I gotta wait I gotta wait. I can always do work.

hieroo
12.13.2011 , 10:25 AM | #19
if u havent played an MMORPG before they dont really care about single person problems.

Kallahnn
12.13.2011 , 10:30 AM | #20
Silence from EA......