Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

[HARD] False Emp bug, Im sure it's known, but share your exp w/ customer service.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
[HARD] False Emp bug, Im sure it's known, but share your exp w/ customer service.

Iamsamsara's Avatar


Iamsamsara
02.27.2012 , 10:09 AM | #11
Not a l2p comment, but why was the boss at 2%? at 10% he should be kb'd over the ledge to complete the kill, this sounds more like a group who did not know the fight than a bug. When nearing the 10% range(12%ish should suffice) the tank should drag him to the edge of the bridge and he should be knocked off when he enters the final phase at 10%.

Aestel's Avatar


Aestel
02.27.2012 , 11:55 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Iamsamsara View Post
Not a l2p comment, but why was the boss at 2%? at 10% he should be kb'd over the ledge to complete the kill, this sounds more like a group who did not know the fight than a bug. When nearing the 10% range(12%ish should suffice) the tank should drag him to the edge of the bridge and he should be knocked off when he enters the final phase at 10%.
He doesn't go into his final phase while he is in his 1vs1 challenge phase even if he gets bellow 10% so if dps is high enough its possible to kill him outright without having to go into the knockback phase at all. The OP's group had just under enough dps to do that which means the OP had to kite him to the bridge as he would have been in the 1 vs 1 and the FE would enter his final phase just after he pops out of the 1 vs 1. Though what can happen as the OP found out is he likes to do a knockback himself just after the 1 vs 1 and before registering that he needed to transition to the lighting phase.

Krunkstar's Avatar


Krunkstar
02.27.2012 , 12:39 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Aestel View Post
He doesn't go into his final phase while he is in his 1vs1 challenge phase even if he gets bellow 10% so if dps is high enough its possible to kill him outright without having to go into the knockback phase at all. The OP's group had just under enough dps to do that which means the OP had to kite him to the bridge as he would have been in the 1 vs 1 and the FE would enter his final phase just after he pops out of the 1 vs 1. Though what can happen as the OP found out is he likes to do a knockback himself just after the 1 vs 1 and before registering that he needed to transition to the lighting phase.
This pretty much sums it up, although 2% was just a guess-tamate. Our dps was really good. What all these l2p haters dont understand that this occured when the tank was moving the boss to the ledge he went into his 1v1 phase but i was stunned and not the kiter. When he pops out of the 1v1 phase he randomly switches targets, force charges then does the knockback. We fought the boss the entire time on the stairs until the final phase. It is complete RNG, and its real easy to degrade someone when they themselves have never been in this situation.

I was very angry last night, ive calmed down alot since then, but im still not sure if this game is worth to me, as fail mechanics like this completely take the fun out of the game. I dont know about everyone else, but iI play games for fun and fulfillment. Not to get angry or waste time. If you havent had this happen to you please refrain from posting your elitest nonsense(not directed at the quoted poster above, thx for a constructive response). The last ive ever dealt with garbage mechanics like this was in EQ.
Gunslinger

Krunkstar's Avatar


Krunkstar
02.27.2012 , 12:53 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Tickdoff-Tank View Post
Let me get this straight... you do not understand how the end-fight in False Emporer works, due to this lack of knowledge you failed and now want the GMs to reward your failure. If they do not reward your failure you and 5 others are going to quit the game.

Have a good time in whatever new game you all choose, because I have a feeling you will not be staying here any longer.
How do you get failure out of a bad mechanic? What other MMO have you played that denied you everything its entirety in a PVE encounter because u died at the end, although the collective still managed to clear the encounter?

My friends play with me with because ive gm'd and raid leaded multiple server top pve guilds in 3 different mmos. Not trying to be egotistical but they know when a game has problems bad enough that even someone as tolerant as I would leave, that its time to move themselves. I want this game to succeed, but depends how how they improve the game and fix bad mechanics/bugs. In previous mmos, when things like this happen they would at least mail you what was lost in game. Anyone who hasnt had problems like this are just lucky, it has nothing to do with skill.
Gunslinger

Aluo's Avatar


Aluo
02.27.2012 , 01:01 PM | #15
All I can say is get over it and do it again tomorrow.

BioWare could care less if this makes you unhappy, they really could.

You got screwed out of some crap gear in a crap instance, nothing in their is worth loosing sleep over, NOTHING!.

And with all due respect, you don't know what anoying PvE bugs are in this game tell you try to clear Soa after every BW Patch. IT IS LIKE THEY BREAK THE BOSS EVERY TIME !!

Tickdoff-Tank's Avatar


Tickdoff-Tank
02.27.2012 , 01:16 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Krunkstar View Post
How do you get failure out of a bad mechanic? What other MMO have you played that denied you everything its entirety in a PVE encounter because u died at the end, although the collective still managed to clear the encounter?

My friends play with me with because ive gm'd and raid leaded multiple server top pve guilds in 3 different mmos. Not trying to be egotistical but they know when a game has problems bad enough that even someone as tolerant as I would leave, that its time to move themselves. I want this game to succeed, but depends how how they improve the game and fix bad mechanics/bugs. In previous mmos, when things like this happen they would at least mail you what was lost in game. Anyone who hasnt had problems like this are just lucky, it has nothing to do with skill.
I have not had a single issue with this FP, the final fight is a joke. If you are failing it in the manner that you reported then you just need to learn the fight better. It is not even a "skill vs. un-skilled" situation, just learning when to move him, how to position yourself and when to knock him back. If you are as experienced as you say you are I am confused. This is basic stuff.

Elyssandra's Avatar


Elyssandra
02.27.2012 , 01:21 PM | #17
OP - I unfortunately had this happen to me too once - very frustrating when you've spent your time and efforts and credits repairing, etc to finally be denied credit for the flashpoint, loot, etc - so my sympathies.

While we wait for a fix these tips may help:
  1. One of my party mentioned that if he died during a boss fight he just stays there dead hoping that the rest of the group manages to finish the kill.
  2. This may not work 100% as I only have one experience with this tip - if one of your party has died and respawned outside during which time the boss was killed - once the boss is dead - DO NOT LOOT . Wait till your party member comes back into the instance and then loot - in this case the member will also have access to loot but won't get quest credit for the flashpoint.

Dukibritches's Avatar


Dukibritches
02.27.2012 , 01:33 PM | #18
This happened to me once when I was tanking. It was annoying because I knew he was going to knock me back and he only managed to punt me off because he turned to another member right before turning back to me and decided to punt me sideways instead of backwards. I got knocked off and the rest of my group managed to knock him off. I got not loot.

You know what I did? Went in there again the next day and cleared it much quicker and reworked my strat to prevent the same issue.

You know what I didnt do? Run to the forums or customer support to cry about how the game cheated me out of loot. This isnt something that is impossible to beat, just gotta be smart about it. Man up, get a group together go in there and do it again, but this time work on your execution a bit and you should clear without any deaths.

Beddlam's Avatar


Beddlam
02.27.2012 , 01:47 PM | #19
Did you re-enter the instance before your party-mates looted? I had a similar thing happen on Foundry, but re-entered, and when they looted I was able to roll on the loot. Couldn't loot the chest for my tioneese crystal, but that was the only disadvantage. Sounds like you're blaming BW for something that was your party's fault.

Krunkstar's Avatar


Krunkstar
02.27.2012 , 01:48 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Tickdoff-Tank View Post
Let me get this straight... you do not understand how the end-fight in False Emporer works, due to this lack of knowledge you failed and now want the GMs to reward your failure. If they do not reward your failure you and 5 others are going to quit the game.

Have a good time in whatever new game you all choose, because I have a feeling you will not be staying here any longer.
How do you get failure out of a bad mechanic? What other MMO have you played that denied you everything its entirety in a PVE encounter because u died at the end, although the collective still managed to clear the encounter?

My friends play with me with because ive gm'd and raid leaded multiple server top pve guilds in 3 different mmos. Not trying to be egotistical but they know when a game has problems bad enough that even someone as tolerant as I would leave, that its time to move themselves. I want this game to succeed, but depends how how they improve the game and fix bad mechanics/bugs. In previous mmos, when things like this happen they would at least mail you what was lost in game. Anyone who hasnt had problems like this are just lucky, it has nothing to do with skill.
Gunslinger