Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Luke's Death

Wolfninjajedi
02.27.2012 , 01:34 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by radbass View Post
luke is not stronger than yoda was in his prime. he isnt even as strong as anakin was. he can do some pretty remarkable things, but after that hes pretty much pooped out for the rest of the fight. lukes greatest strength lies in his allies and his strength of character.

that being said, i do think he will die at the end of this series to make room for Ben Skywalker to grow as a character. theyve spent a lot of time in this series showing how much the order needs luke, which leads me to believe his death will be the setup for the conflict in the next series.
Yes he is, look at Luke's feats they surpass any jedi before him.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Kinlopunim
02.27.2012 , 01:41 PM | #22
also like to add that while they may have said "no one more powerful than luke or sideous" they did not say "no one equal to luke or sideous"

meaning, once luke dies, a new enemy can come up with power equal to or a bit less than luke and still be a threat to the remaining jedi.

also i feel luke's power has gone a bit out of control, needs to be killed off soon. no malice intended but he has superman syndrome

Aximand
02.27.2012 , 04:14 PM | #23
Yoda's race is naturally long lived, so bringing up him is a bit of a moot point.

150 is about the average lifespan of a Pure Strain Human without cybernetic augmentation in the Star Wars galaxy, and while the Force can sustain life, without doing some of the darkside rituals that we've seen I don't think it naturally extends it in any case in Canon. I'd put Luke's un-aided lifespan at around 170, much more than that is pushing it quite a bit.

Personally, I see Luke going out in a cataclysmic explosion taking the biggest Big Bad with him.
I'm not mean, you're just a sissy.
The Orange Pixel is the REAL Sith Emperor
I don't need luck, I've got ammo - Urdnot Grunt
Remember 4/22/2011. A day that shall live in infamy.

BrandonSM
02.27.2012 , 04:57 PM | #24
luke is not stronger than yoda was in his prime. he isnt even as strong as anakin was. he can do some pretty remarkable things, but after that hes pretty much pooped out for the rest of the fight. lukes greatest strength lies in his allies and his strength of character.

that being said, i do think he will die at the end of this series to make room for Ben Skywalker to grow as a character. theyve spent a lot of time in this series showing how much the order needs luke, which leads me to believe his death will be the setup for the conflict in the next series.
The PoST-ROTJ EU disagrees with you.
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

mefit
02.27.2012 , 05:08 PM | #25
I can't wait for Luke to either become a side character or dies . Ben Skywalker needs more EU love and so far is a intresting character !

Luke has been too profitable for Lucas, doubt he will die anytime soonish but never say never !

Darth_Eminok
02.27.2012 , 05:15 PM | #26
I think we should've continued with Anakin Solo... that was good...
<---LEGION OF SHADOWS--->
"Your future lies with us."
http://legionofshadowsguild.enjin.com/home

Garet_Jaxx
02.27.2012 , 05:31 PM | #27

You obviously dont hang around the star wars community very much.
Lucas has stated explicitly in various sources that Luke is the Most Powerful Force User Ever.

More powerful than - Anakin, Yoda, Sidious, Windu, etc., etc.

Read up before you make completely untrue comments.

Thanks!

maxetius
02.27.2012 , 07:09 PM | #28
His force ghost is not old.

He will die soon.

Tuscad
02.27.2012 , 08:28 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by maxetius View Post
His force ghost is not old.

He will die soon.
Or will become a lame *** Vader 2.0.
Date Joined: March 2009 - Date unsubbed: 9/18/2012
It's been real but the game just wasn't worth the sub for me anymore.
Star Wars: First Assault is an Xbox Live Arcade game: http://kotaku.com/5948064/um-whats-t...ox-live-arcade