Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Luke's Death

BrandonSM
02.26.2012 , 07:45 PM | #1
Does anyone think he will die soon?

Someone on the forums made me realize something. That Luke has gotten so out of hand and "godly" that the writers just can't kill him. They made him too important to the point where he is an old man fighting Dark Sided Gods(Abeloth).

Its not that I'm hating on him by wanting him to die, its just everyone needs to die sooner or later. And quite frankly I hate how most of the EU Post-ROTJ revolves around him and the Solo's.

Thoughts?
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

Ruliya
02.26.2012 , 07:49 PM | #2
Well in the Legacy comic series he appears as a Force Ghost, so clearly he dies at some point. Maybe from old age?

Wolfninjajedi
02.26.2012 , 07:52 PM | #3
I'm thinking old age, all it says in his bio is that he died somewhere around 137 ABY.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Dar-Ell
02.26.2012 , 07:53 PM | #4
Old age? Nah, in Troy Denning's book Apocalypse (or what ever the last Fate of the Jedi book is) he will sacrifice himself to defeat Aboleth. At least that's the feeling I get from reading the series, a big change for the jedi and etc.
Quote: Originally Posted by godihatelag View Post
Worst Launch? Ever heard of Jurassic Park? John gave Dr. Grant early access and all of a sudden... PEOPLE. ARE. DYING.

Dar-Ell
02.26.2012 , 07:54 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
I'm thinking old age, all it says in his bio is that he died somewhere around 137 ABY.
You do realize that would make him apx 155 years old right?
Worst Launch? Ever heard of Jurassic Park? John gave Dr. Grant early access and all of a sudden... PEOPLE. ARE. DYING.

Wolfninjajedi
02.26.2012 , 07:56 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Dar-Ell View Post
Whats your point? Force users can live a lot longer then normal humans. Wait sorry read it wrong he died somewhere between 44 ABY and 137 ABY.

DoctorBeckett
02.26.2012 , 08:00 PM | #7
Yea... And?? Not that he was human, but Yoda lasted 900 years. Besides, Luke is a Jedi Grand Master. Don't you think at some point during his Force studies, the subject of life extention didn't come up?

ObiQuiYett
02.26.2012 , 08:25 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by DoctorBeckett View Post
Yea... And?? Not that he was human, but Yoda lasted 900 years. Besides, Luke is a Jedi Grand Master. Don't you think at some point during his Force studies, the subject of life extention didn't come up?
Jedi would be less likely to follow such teachings for philosophical reasons. Extending one's life purposely with rituals shows an attachment to one's life to an extreme and dangerous degree. A Jedi is more likely to live longer simply because of a passive relationship with the Force. Besides, he already knows the secret to living forever by becoming one with the Force.

I actually had a passing thought on the Solos' and Luke's deaths earlier today. Honestly, I wish that it's kind of a passing thing as a Star Wars story focuses on some younger unrelated group of heroes doing their own thing preserving peace and justice then taking a moment to honor great legends as the Solos and Skywalker die from old age in peace.

But, perhaps, I'm just boring like that, because who am I kidding? Luke, Han, and Leia never go down without a fight.

Dar-Ell
02.26.2012 , 08:45 PM | #9
I can see Han and Leia dying from old age, I just don't believe Luke will. I will be very suprised if makes it through this book.

Yoda's race was unique and long lived but even he, when told by Luke he couldn't die, responded, "Strong am I in the Force, but not that strong"

Wolfninjajedi
02.26.2012 , 08:50 PM | #10
I can see Han and Leia dying from old age, I just don't believe Luke will. I will be very suprised if makes it through this book.

Yoda's race was unique and long lived but even he, when told by Luke he couldn't die, responded, "Strong am I in the Force, but not that strong"
Yes but Luke is stronger then Yoda and well...is pretty much a force god. So him living a lot longer, wouldn't be that much of a big surprise for people. I mean 100 is the standard, those that live up to 800 have been force sensitive.