Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Companions and skills

Gadalah
12.16.2011 , 03:34 AM | #1
If you have more than one companion why can't they learn other crafting skills or do I not know how to change it? It would be better if each could learn 3 crafting skills.

VanniSilvante
12.16.2011 , 03:35 AM | #2
Because then there would be no need for the GTN. As well as no need for trade between players for crafted stuff because everyone would know everything.

SigneGT
12.16.2011 , 03:35 AM | #3
That is a very well-argumented and explicit post, sir. -.-

Maybe it's because they don't want to overflood the market?

deusBAAL
12.16.2011 , 03:38 AM | #4
Because you learn the crafting skills, not your companions.

Companions give you bonus, but since that one is stupid and limiting your own choices, those should be removed soon.

You can unlearn crafting skills though and pick another one anytime you wish, loosing all experience with the old one though.
Funny how PVP folks strive to become the best PK, while PVE folks know that PKs are just really really bad players.

Gadalah
12.16.2011 , 04:25 AM | #5
I can see the argument for no need to trade if you could learn all the skills but even if you could learn 6 instead of 3 would be better I dont want to have to swithch characters just to craft something I want then switch back. Don't get me wrong I like the crafting just want more from it.

-Castiel-
12.16.2011 , 04:31 AM | #6
Make friends, find a guild, support each other the way it is meant to be. It is a smart design decision that builds the GTN and the economy. Soon enough the supply/demand will even out the prices, given how easy it is to gain these mats I doubt they will be too overpriced.

Aramoro
12.16.2011 , 04:31 AM | #7
6 skills would be the same as 15 or a 100.

Pretty much any class can be ALMOST selfsufficient with 6 skills.

Cyber, Arms, Armor, Scav, Inv, UT = The only thing you haven't covered is Bio.

Same for the forceusing classes.
Winter is coming.