Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Gunslinger/sniper] Cover defence bonus

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
[Gunslinger/sniper] Cover defence bonus

saybut
02.26.2012 , 10:29 AM | #1
Rolling in to cover is often clunky and bugged as you en up getting line of sight issues to your target. However rolling into cover givers you a defence bonus from hiding behind something.
Cover in place is not clunky and does not give the same line of sight issues but you loose the defence bonus.
My suggestion is change this so that you dont need need to use the bugged version of cover to get the defence bonus. Instead give all types of cover equal defence bonus.

Frigidman
02.26.2012 , 10:57 AM | #2
As a gunslinger, I don't agree.

Rolling into cover you get consequences with the extra benefits. Dropping into cover screen is a 360 defense tactic. Both have to be weighed on which is the best course of action.

If you are losing line of sight while rolling into cover, then you may want to choose a different location to roll too. Also, losing LOS on some enemies is a good thing I thought, while you focus on a single other target. It forces the enemy to stop shooting you and find a way to shoot you, giving you more time and survivability.

You may gain more frontal defense when rolling into cover, but your backside is entirely exposed. Think of it as adjusting shields to front, instead of evenly around you which is what cover screen does.

The way it works now is balanced and working as intended (check the dev tracker on their response to the cover thread).
Hire website designers that actually have had real life experience in the job.
Then let me know so I can return to the forum.