Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So who has been RPing?

Elloa
12.16.2011 , 08:47 AM | #11
I've really not take the time to roleplay with other players, because I'm really enjoying my storyline. It's so fun, and so immersive that I don't want to be disturbed on the way. I consider this as roleplaying aswell. I'm roleplaying alone, but I'm having fun!
Master Liy Elloa * Whìtestar *
Lord Calypho Eu

Vidéo Serie : Imperial Agent Elloa

Darth_Malady
12.16.2011 , 08:47 AM | #12
RP is pretty heavy on Sanctum of the Exalted, and not just in cantinas, but the outside world. I thought that was awesome. I'm happy I was deployed there.

Click here to join The Outer Rim Criminal Alliance: A Heavy-RP Guild
Click here to be my BFF!

Zavia
12.16.2011 , 09:07 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Majspuffen View Post
I have seen a few people walking around. That's the hallmark of a roleplayer, am I right?

It's a good catalyst for RP yes. Hanging out in hubs like the cantina or around the crafting areas can be another good catalyst for RP.

To another comment I also think saying it's too early for RP is bogus. It's never too early for RP, and I believe when a server shows early signs of RP it makes the RP community on that server strong.

Apax
12.16.2011 , 09:07 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by hooty View Post
I rolled on "Shien" last night and found it to be indistinguishable from a PvE server. Many people in the general kept saying it's "too early for RP". To that I say rubbish. It's a RP server.
Yeah, I've never understood that particular excuse; it always strikes me as a cop out. I shift to role-play mode the moment my character first appears on the screen for the very first time. I don't feel like I have to be max level before I can start acting like I'm a part of this virtual world.

FoxFireStorm
12.16.2011 , 12:28 PM | #15
I have yet to have a chance to rp sadly. I blame this on the fact of the lack of /say when I was last one and General is more for ooc then IC (which is fine by me).

Eventually I am sure I will run into some rp, but for now-- I gotta lvl my people and figure them out a bit better.

JarlKnight
12.16.2011 , 12:51 PM | #16
Rubbish or not, I think it is a bit too early to expect to find alot of RP.

Most people are probably trying to get at least past their Capital City before the actual launch brings a flood of people into the newbie zones.

I say patience will be a virtue in that case - standing around in cantinas or walking around the world to try and attract other roleplayers may help.

That being said, a custom RP Channel on each server, or some planned events in the Server Events - RP Servers subforums could help coordinate the RP community a bit

surak
12.16.2011 , 01:31 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Malady View Post
RP is pretty heavy on Sanctum of the Exalted, and not just in cantinas, but the outside world. I thought that was awesome. I'm happy I was deployed there.
I've not seen any at all . Korriban last night was troll central in chat. I don't type fast enough in chat to respond to RP and interact much with the RP'ers, but I do respect it and try to stay in character, and not crash anyone's RP.

I hope that pox in /general fades away even though I consider it OOC. Bioware does need to enable the ability to create custom channels.

Boneflower
12.16.2011 , 02:09 PM | #18
I have ignored/disabled "General" chat in every game I have played. I find myself to be far happier and more stress free afterwards. All of my roleplay is in spacial "say" channels or group chat.
Sy'lisska :: Rattataki Inquisitor - Sith Healer :: Lord Adraas
Ju'jii :: Twi'lek Consular - Jedi Healer :: Lord Adraas

In another life ... Sy'kirra :: Kettemoor :: SWG

OddjobXL
12.16.2011 , 02:21 PM | #19
I'm so far busy with the game itself. I wasn't in beta so this is a big ol' toy I need to get bored of before I slow down enough to smell the roses and roleplayers. Wait. That came out wrong. Can I start over?

Tibbleton
12.16.2011 , 02:34 PM | #20
On Shien, I haven't encountered any RP yet. It would be nice to see something since looking for a Hammer Station group is dragging on a bit too long.
Insert something witty here.