Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Little Known Star Wars Facts

TJBartlemus
02.25.2012 , 08:19 PM | #1
I thought this would be an interesting topic, so please share some!!
Qui-Gon Jinn
The ability to speak doesn't make you intelligent.

Restepor
02.25.2012 , 09:06 PM | #2
Noghri, the alien species introduced in the Heir of the Empire series was only about 1 meter tall.

I always thought they were taller.

TJBartlemus
02.25.2012 , 09:52 PM | #3
I don't know if this entirely true, but seems legit.

"Lucas got the idea for Chewbacca one morning in the early ’70s while watching his wife, Marcia, drive off in her car. She had their Alaskan malamute, Indiana, (the name sake for Indiana Jones) with her. Lucas liked the way the large shaggy dog looked in the passenger seat so he decided to create a character in the film that was a cross between Indiana, a bear, and a monkey."

http://listverse.com/2009/09/11/12-f...bly-dont-know/
Qui-Gon Jinn
The ability to speak doesn't make you intelligent.

ErikModi
02.25.2012 , 10:28 PM | #4
In Timothy Zhan's original conception for the Thrawn Trilogy, the Noghri species were supposed to be the Sith species, and the insane clone of Joruus C'baoth was supposed to be an insane clone of Obi-Wan Kenobi. George Lucas vetoed both ideas.
Jedi vs. Sith, Page 97, column 2, paragraph 4, line 1:

Prior to the Battle of Ruusan, the Jedi used crystals from many different sources, and ignited lightsabers in every known hue, including purple, orange, and gold.

xCyberpunkx
02.26.2012 , 04:47 AM | #5
Han Solo shot Greedo first.

MORTTUUM
02.26.2012 , 06:36 AM | #6
Sir Alec Guinness objected to doing a "junk movie" for "rate" (about $7.50/hr at the time). So Lucas agreed to pay him "rate", PLUS 1% Gross earnings. Now THAT was probably the best paying acting job EVER !! LOL
I hate violence. I'm just really, really prepared for Peace.

Aarcher
02.26.2012 , 12:20 PM | #7
The last time luke spoke to Obi Wan Kenobi's force ghost was 10 years after obi wan's death. He told luke that over time it became harder and harder to open the pathways of the force to be able to appear/speak to him. He gave luke some advise about looking for a friendship among enemies which turned out to be mara jade and she also became his wife.

So luke surmised that a powerful force user after death using a force ghost technique could stay around no longer than about 10 years at maximum.

Yet, Luke's force ghost appeared 3 generations after his own death to his descendant Cade Skywalker to give him advice.

Yet again showing that Luke had learned alot more than most jedi and was indeed one of the most powerful force users ever.
Han Solo: “You’ve never heard of the Millennium Falcon? … It’s the ship that made the Kessel run in less than 12 parsecs.”
Darth Vader: “When I left you, I was but the learner, now I am the master.”
Obi-Wan Kenobi “Only a master of evil, Darth.”

Ganonbob
02.26.2012 , 01:00 PM | #8
Utapau was originally the name of the planet now known as Tatooine but George decided to change it.
THE WHITE FANG
=== PvE | Light RP | US East ===
Forums | Recruits
Proud Member of the Burning Bandwagon

Path-x
02.26.2012 , 04:08 PM | #9
The Empire Strike Back screenplay credit to Leigh Brackett is a gesture rather than reflection of her contribution. She died shortly after she finished the first draft based on Lucas' story. Lucas claimed he didn't like it and was forced to rewrite it from the scratch before hiring Lawrence Kasdan to further improve it.

monkeydud
02.26.2012 , 05:44 PM | #10
Han Solo once went by the nickname `Slick`. It was given to him by his friend and former instructor, Badure.

Droids produce sounds through devices called vocabulaters (or sometimes vocoders). Usually visible as a grill or orifice, a vocabulater allows a Droid to produce speech. The most sophisticated vocabulaters can be found within protocol droids. These sensitive devices are capable of producing sounds necessary to converse in millions of different languages.
`Insert Random Old Skool Gaming Quote`

My fansite