Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What if Lucas made 3 movies on SWTOR?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
What if Lucas made 3 movies on SWTOR?

Shiela
03.01.2012 , 05:45 PM | #31
I would watch them but only if they had nothing to do with o.g. 6. I wanna see more mandolorians! Go Canderous!

crazysam
03.02.2012 , 01:04 AM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by PeacefulViolence View Post
I would cry.
I would too, but I would cry joy tears!!

Sneakycheeks
03.02.2012 , 01:23 PM | #33
Actually over the years Lucas has said that some things that have happened in the EU are in fact Canon..he commented on the fact that in the EU that Bobba Fett surived what happened to him in Return of the Jedi..IS canon.

Sneakycheeks
03.02.2012 , 01:27 PM | #34
Also its not secert that George Lucas has for years been musing over the idea of making movies 7 , 8 and 9. Though in half of interviews Lucas said it'll never happen...and then in the other half of interviews Lucas says that it might happen but not for a long time. Right now though they are too busy working on the live action Star Wars tv seires.

Antipathize
03.02.2012 , 06:41 PM | #35
He would only do it if he could sell more toys. The kotor universe isn't good enough for that (too adult) so most likely he would just turn the NJO into a movie series since it appeals to the younger crowd and has similar ****** characters he's used to writing. (Caedus)

Yarcamos
03.02.2012 , 08:33 PM | #36
We'd get characters like Brad Skywalker and Sam Solo shoehorned in and slammed down our throats.

AbelMorvant
03.02.2012 , 09:38 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by stineo View Post
Second movie, Anakin (Vader) is some whiny emo teenage punk who hates his master, who he looks to as a father, for some lame reason. The reason is he is holding him back?! Where did that come from? Remember what we learned from the first movie. Anakin was an average and somewhat likeable kid. Then we are to believe that he is all of a sudden an emo, hateful, impatient, lustful, fearful, mass murdering teen?! Yet for some unknown reason, Padme knowing all of this decides to marry him anyway. How incredible is that?!
I'm not disagreeing with you, but you don't have many teenage relatives or anything do you?

My daughter has turned twelve, and she is turning into Anakin. My nephew was a likeable awesome kid, hit his teens and became a little narcissistic punk.

You'd be amazed by how common it is for kids to suddenly turn into Anakin Skywalker once they hit their teens. They start thinking they know the world inside and out, end up being very condescending, thus talking back to their parents, teachers, etc. Sometimes they even do drastic things to fuel out their anger like drugs, alcohol and violence.

It's not an Anakin Skywalker thing, it's a teenager thing and as much as i think AOTC could have been better, it was a rather accurate display of how teens are.

CaptainTowers
03.09.2012 , 09:38 PM | #38
In the 1980's Lucas reported that he planned on making 9 Star Wars Movies in Total. More recently if you talked to him, he's settled on 6 as his final number of Star Wars Movies - more to the fact he doesn't want to be doing Star Wars movies for the rest of his life and the criticism he's received over the years - especially with some of the changes in the "Special Edition" original series 4-6.

Clone Wars is pretty decent Anime and Story-wise for the story between episode 2 and 3 and turned out pretty good.

Is it wise that Lucas should eventually go back and make episodes 7-9, pass that torch off to someone else to write it, or Leave it alone? Your Thoughts?

Captain_Zone
03.09.2012 , 11:34 PM | #39
If anyone were to make movies out of TOR, it should be John Woo, imo. The trailer movies look like he directed them, anyhow. Slow motion combat, highly stylized combat, etc. You could even make an argument that the gunslinger in "Return" was using gun-fu.
. OPOD
Shivalka: Darth Baras is quite large, isn't he?
Joran Karn: You, my dear Sith, have just mastered the art of understatement.

shorlock
03.10.2012 , 05:27 AM | #40
Lucas made three movies that were the story of Luke Skywalker in the Star Wars universe.
He then made three more telling the story of Anakin Skywalker in the same universe.
There is no reason he could not make any other stories, set in any timeframe in the same universe.
Maybe perhaps a trio of movies on the destruction of the Sith by the Jedi all those years ago.