Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Boarding Party Hardmode Last Boss

Scuzza
02.28.2012 , 10:22 AM | #11
I don't know why people have so much trouble with this boss. We did this the other night and cleared it on our first try.

None of us even have any Tionese gear or anything. In fact the take and my self just have regular level 48-50 gear. The healer has some t1 PVP gear and other DPS has 5 or so pieces of t2 PVP gear.

We hit the enrage timer on Jorland but we only had like 5% health left. None of us died.

We didn't do the kiting method some people try, we just treated it like a tank and spank.. Burned down the healer, then the guy casting a shield on Jorland, then handled the boss. Was fairly easy.

HellFlame
02.28.2012 , 11:29 AM | #12
i did that with:

MARAUDER DPS
COMPANION (ASHARA)
SORC HEALER (ME)
ASSASSIN TANK

BOSS - HEALER - MESSAY

if your unable to interrupt dont even try... if your able to just interrupt the medic
and its so easy.
SW:TOR Endgame

Battilea
02.28.2012 , 02:28 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by jonnybigboy View Post
We were doing this fight in oranges and blues before they nerfed it (they used to be champions, they're just elites now). Yes, it's probably the toughest of the boss encounters in any of the FP HM, which isn't really saying much.
Nah, that's D7's final boss

But yeah, most bosses check only a single thing, DPS usually. This one requires a certain level of DPS and healing.

Dukibritches
02.28.2012 , 05:03 PM | #14
Normally, we just kill Alon(healer) then kill Commander Jorland with his bubble up, and finally we switch to Massey. Jorland's shield is not that bad and it prevents him from doing uber damage with his grenades. You can even throw the tank on Alon for interrupts and have everyone kill Jorland first, this also works pretty well.

Thorkir
03.07.2012 , 08:40 PM | #15
We downed them just a bit ago with:
Sorcerer heals (me)
Operative DPS
Mercenary DPS
Juggernaut Tank.

Massey -> Chief -> Jorland was our order.
Jorland hit his enrage around 40%, we just barely managed to survive.

We were having some difficulty with the Chief running off when the tank didn't have a taunt up to get him back, so we let him run free, kiting him whenever possible.

Hardest fight I've healed yet, but it was only my first hard-mode.
"All will be well."

thunderchikn
03.08.2012 , 06:54 AM | #16
i always have a bh pull jorland to the top of the platform and then run to the bottom of the steps to dps him, the tank and other dps are on massey and the healer (focusing the healer) back where they start.. im healing somewhere in the middle... the bh usually drops jorland all by himself about the same time the healer drops.. gg easy loot
HoG 50 Sorc <HDHF> *carried by Cree

Superneko
03.08.2012 , 07:57 AM | #17
The encounter can be done in any order really. I hate to say it but the encounter is very simple. Burn one target, rinse repeat. The only thing any order does is remove a certain annoyance from the equation during the beginning of the encounter.
  • Don't like splash damage? Kill rocket guy first.
  • Tank doesn't like keeping track of threat on multiple targets? Kill the melee first.
  • Afraid of one negligible unimpressive healing ability? Kill the healer first.

After the first one dies, the rest is easy.