Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Need help with preorder mishap

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Need help with preorder mishap

TheStout
12.16.2011 , 01:29 AM | #1
I accidentally pre-ordered twice through the swtor website and origin. The swtor site there was an error at the end of checkout, so i ordered through origin. Once I realized I had two orders that went through, I didnt care because I figured I would give the other preorder to my friend. Now that he tries to claim the preorder code, it tells him that its already been used. I need some help with this to get the matter sorted out. Thanks

FessFish
12.16.2011 , 01:35 AM | #2
Hmm....

Are you sure you're not giving him the one you used yourself?

Honestly in this issue since it doesn't matter whether he gets your code or a new one.

Just cancel one of your orders, and pre-order again.

Origin sends out the code instantaneously.
HK-47: "Expletive: Damn it, master, I am an assassination droid... not a dictionary!"
DUBSTEP STEP - THAT - DUB DUBSTEP

TheStout
12.16.2011 , 01:42 AM | #3
No no, I used one for myself, the Origin one. And then saved the other email for him. I'm trying to get ahold of customer support to either cancel or have it transfered to the account he tried to create it on, but I've been on hold for a while now. Figured I'd give it a shot here so I can finally get back to game time!

Erevan_Kindelar
12.16.2011 , 01:46 AM | #4
I spoke to an Origin support person about this, because I was planning on giving a DDE copy to a friend as a Christmas present. According to that support rep, you are not allowed to transfer ownership of a key like that (effectively you are "reselling" the game, even though it is a gift).
So your best option would be to cancel one of the orders and either give your friend the money or create another Origin account, buy the game on that account, and give them the account details (although the same Origin support rep I spoke to about the origianl scenario was not totally sure if this approach is totally acceptable).
No, really! I am telling the truth, honestly! Look I can prove it, I am a politician! I am as honest as the day is long!
Besides, I am a terrible liar, everyone can see when I am lying - my lips are moving... oh damn, err, that last comment was off the record, right?