Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

High PVE DPS Class....

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
High PVE DPS Class....

Mondavian
02.25.2012 , 10:51 AM | #1
Taking another thread a bit further - what class/combo do you think puts out the most PVE DPS and which is the easiest to level? I just finished leveling my Marauder and I'm not sure what toon I want to level next. Advice and input is appreciated, thanks!

Mondavian
02.25.2012 , 11:46 AM | #2
Anyone? Bueller?

cyadra
02.25.2012 , 11:56 AM | #3
1V1
Sniper
No doubt

Mondavian
02.25.2012 , 12:28 PM | #4
Just looking for PVE & leveling dps.

Corran
02.25.2012 , 01:06 PM | #5
from my personal experience. maruader/sentinel and sorc/sage are going to be your highest sustained dps in this game

also from my personal experience, the easiest to level class will be healer + tank companion (mostly 40+)

so sorc/sage
"No one makes a victim of folks I'm sworn to protect." - Corran Horn
http://www.twitch.tv/dixa1

devyne
02.25.2012 , 02:39 PM | #6
LOLOL i actually had to reply just cause of the dude that said sorc/sage have the most dps.
Firstly thats not true AT ALL. it basiclly goes
Sniper/merc about 5% difference sniper has a bit more damage but merc can heal themselves and soak aton of damage.
Sorc/MAara/sage/sentinal i beileve there called(about 10ish% below the above) both have nice mobility and can soak alot of damage if cds are used correctly.
juggernaut/gaurdian about 15% below merc and sniper and like 5% below sorc and mara
assasin is about the same as juggernaut on some fights its more some its less.
operative and powertech i dont even know how much below but basicly useless in raids atm as dps.

as for leveling i have a 50 juggernaut,merc and sorc and i can tell you sorcs have the easiest time leveling by far my merc had it pretty easy also but sorcs just tear through the eilete mobs with no issue. jugg is also the hardest class to dps in correctly by far idiots think its just use impale and shatter till ravage is off cd (sorry i dont know the ones for republic) but thats incorrect and you loose alot of dps that way.
The Sith always get hit in the face

IBLOCKDOORS
02.25.2012 , 02:53 PM | #7
In a raid, flashpoint scenario Sniper and Marauder are pretty much equal with Marauder slightly ahead. Skill comes into factor also, if two equally skilled Marauder Sniper were to be in a raid Marauder would pull ahead.

But raid mechanics come into effect boss knockbacks tanks moving boss etc with that said and done a Sniper would almost always win. Just boss mechanics that bone Marauders in pve.

Sucks charging in getting knocked backed slowed and trying to get into melee range

Stealthy_Monkey
02.25.2012 , 03:17 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Mondavian View Post
Anyone? Bueller?
There is no way of currently measuring class performance in pve. Anyone who provides you advice is pulling the numbers out of their ***

Artmaker
02.25.2012 , 05:27 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by devyne View Post
LOLOL i actually had to reply just cause of the dude that said sorc/sage have the most dps.
Firstly thats not true AT ALL. it basiclly goes
Sniper/merc about 5% difference sniper has a bit more damage but merc can heal themselves and soak aton of damage.
Sorc/MAara/sage/sentinal i beileve there called(about 10ish% below the above) both have nice mobility and can soak alot of damage if cds are used correctly.
juggernaut/gaurdian about 15% below merc and sniper and like 5% below sorc and mara
assasin is about the same as juggernaut on some fights its more some its less.
operative and powertech i dont even know how much below but basicly useless in raids atm as dps.

as for leveling i have a 50 juggernaut,merc and sorc and i can tell you sorcs have the easiest time leveling by far my merc had it pretty easy also but sorcs just tear through the eilete mobs with no issue. jugg is also the hardest class to dps in correctly by far idiots think its just use impale and shatter till ravage is off cd (sorry i dont know the ones for republic) but thats incorrect and you loose alot of dps that way.
I smell ********...

Anbokr
02.25.2012 , 06:14 PM | #10
In my guild raids the melee always put out more damage in the 1v1 over the ranged. I think it goes something like Marauder/Sentinel > Operative/Scoundrel > Jugg/Guardian and Mercenary tie.