Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ironfist HM (poss. spoilers)

Havard
02.25.2012 , 08:08 AM | #1
We tried Esseles HM last night, and ran into Ironfist's Headshot. Seems we didn't have enough reliable interrupts in our group, so couldn't get past him. As I understand it, the focus is to interupt the headshots. On my 12 sec Mind Snap I'm not sure I could get every second headshot. How many do we need to be with reliable interupts - three?
Master Wert'en Hoss (Jedi Shadow)
"Sounds dangerous. I'll take care of it"
Major Cy'rene Hoss (Commando) / Bamboozle Hoss (Scoundrel)
Leader of Tranquility (Red Eclipse) - Casual adventures since 2007

Drin-King
02.25.2012 , 08:28 AM | #2
One sentinel with watchman spec can do every single one. Optimize your group.

PhoenixMatrix
02.25.2012 , 08:43 AM | #3
He will headshot everytime he can. Interrupts stop him from doing it for 4 seconds, and headshot has a channel. So yeah, one of the classes with 6 second cooldown on interrupt will be able to make every single one, but its going to be ridiculously close (a second of lag and there you went).

So short of that (sentinels and venguard dps aren't exactly common), you need to set a rotation for it between your group. Where it gets touchy is when people are fighting the adds. He still will be doing headshots if he's not shooting missiles, so you have to alternate between fighting the adds and doing the interrupt rotation. Its not that hard, but that fight really stands out as wacky compared to all other flashpoints and ops.

Havard
02.25.2012 , 08:47 AM | #4
Thanks. We had a group of me (kinetic), two commandos and a scoundrel healing. Not easy to get those interupts there...
Master Wert'en Hoss (Jedi Shadow)
"Sounds dangerous. I'll take care of it"
Major Cy'rene Hoss (Commando) / Bamboozle Hoss (Scoundrel)
Leader of Tranquility (Red Eclipse) - Casual adventures since 2007

PhoenixMatrix
02.25.2012 , 08:59 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Havard View Post
Thanks. We had a group of me (kinetic), two commandos and a scoundrel healing. Not easy to get those interupts there...
Yeah, unless you're overgeared for it, or your healer is really on the ball and can interrupt while healing while avoiding adds... you're basically screwed with that party setup.

Flain
02.25.2012 , 09:15 AM | #6
Fight him in the room behind him with your back to the window... that way you can avoid the adds. All the tank needs to do to pull him is jump on the console in front and off and go to the left a bit, that way he comes up the right hand side of the room. Upon pulling he will cast Headshot which needs to be interrupted and then shortly after again he will cast Headshot which needs to be interrupted, so have two people on interrupt rotation duty. From then on in he will then usually cast Missile Salvo after which he will try a Headshot.

Hope this helps.