Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

was Anakin's belief wrong?

socialwaif
02.25.2012 , 03:58 AM | #1
Anakin saught to use the force to keep his loved ones alive longer, ie past the end of their 'natural life.' in fact, he may hav wanted nothing more than outright immortality. what is the force able to do in regards to aging, its processes, and effects. i am mostly curious what ability the force has to manipulate such things. however, i expect that the use of that much Force would have some mighty, and negative or deleterious affects/effects on the user. i am also open to discussion of such related things.

ps. i havent read any of the books; though at one time we had quite a few of the original books in our library. this was from somewhere after i was born in 1975 to my earliest memories. i am also very ignorant when it comes to much of the lore and stuff.

KageTrips
02.25.2012 , 04:30 AM | #2
well for example the Emperor from the old republic is very very old most people on the dark side do master extremely long life. especially the people on the Dark council

socialwaif
02.25.2012 , 01:36 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by KageTrips View Post
well for example the Emperor from the old republic is very very old most people on the dark side do master extremely long life. especially the people on the Dark council
yeah, and none of them are what i would call very attractive, or having aged-well.

what about affecting the aging process in others, such as non-force users?

wilsonzx
02.25.2012 , 01:38 PM | #4
What about Yoda? He was over 900 years old.
Your only solace from my wrath will be damnation!

Wolfninjajedi
02.25.2012 , 01:39 PM | #5
It wasn't wrong, he just went about it all the wrong ways.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Revan-the-knight
02.25.2012 , 01:40 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by KageTrips View Post
Aint that a bit odd? i mean the Light Side is the path to Defense and healing, shouldnt the Jedi have atleast something similiar??
Chose a Marauder, Not because they are OP, i chose it because its the closest thing to Revan as you can get, Revanites Unite!

The Vaner Legacy

BrandonSM
02.25.2012 , 02:26 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Revan-the-knight View Post
Aint that a bit odd? i mean the Light Side is the path to Defense and healing, shouldnt the Jedi have atleast something similiar??
They do, that spirit ghost. Notice how only light-siders become ghosts?
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

Master-Nala
02.25.2012 , 02:46 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by BrandonSM View Post
Spoiler

Daragon
02.25.2012 , 02:53 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by BrandonSM View Post
No, in the EU there are many Sith Force ghosts, often doing more than speaking and glowing blue.

As for the jedi living longer, looking at the last line of the jedi code death is not something they are afraid of unlike the Sith, so would simply embrace it when that time come much like Obi-wan did.

Restepor
02.25.2012 , 09:21 PM | #10
Yes, mostly because you don't use the force to bring stop what is going to naturally happen. Of course, if he did not try to save her, she would have lived.