Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Collectors edition vendor

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Darth__Carnal
02.21.2013 , 05:08 PM | #651
Quote: Originally Posted by Dahkot View Post
they are spineless and clueless in addition to liars.
I can't believe this is Bioware we are talking about, it's pretty pathetic how low their reputation has sunk in a little over a year. EA has tarnished their image forever. If they have any balls they would fight to reclaim the community's trust, by starting with honesty and then working on coming up with a proper solution to the CE Vendor.
☾▓║]!▀!▀!▀!▀!▀!▀║▩▓[██████████▓▒░Surrender to Temptation░▒▓███████████)

TheSeventhJedi
02.21.2013 , 05:23 PM | #652
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth__Carnal View Post
I can't believe this is Bioware we are talking about, it's pretty pathetic how low their reputation has sunk in a little over a year. EA has tarnished their image forever. If they have any balls they would fight to reclaim the community's trust, by starting with honesty and then working on coming up with a proper solution to the CE Vendor.
So sad, and yet so true.

Cleet_Xia
02.21.2013 , 05:39 PM | #653
Making unique models for NPC's would have been duplicating work & completely unecesary. And that's not what they did.

(Keep in mind that the model itself is transparent ~ and when you remove your gear pieces your model is automatically clothed in it's "naked" gear)

The game uses a limited number of models ~ the player models, Jawa, Wookie Rescaled versions of those wire frames are used by NPC's & Bosses. Children on Corsuscant & SOA are examples of that. #2 male and 2 of the female wireframes are the same. The #1 female & the tall femle wireframe are the same - only a different scale.

Even the droid mobs & Eshkah are using the #2 & #3 wireframes - notice the Eshkah ankles don't move. Pull out c2-n2 & see how the model hinges as it moves ~ you can clearly tell where the artwork is attached to the models.

They've simply dressed player models in custom gear appearances to make the NPCs. The eshkah head is just a hat & the lower legs are just boots. Same with the bipedal droids.

The Talz use the wookie model - the heads are hats & some of their fur gear pieces are recolors.

mobs also use
1) 4 legged animal low (sleen)
2) bat model
3) slug model
4) 6 legged animal
5) 4 legged animal high (wraid)
6) rancor
7) probe droid
9) Hutt

They did this to limit the duplicate emotes, weapon animations, and death animations. Outside of elites/ WB & flashpoint bosses nearly all the models are the same scale. It's tough to find an NPC that isn't exactly the same shape and size as a model used by players or companions, and you can clearly see that the ones that are larger or smaller - are just rescaled.
~Master Telagtun Telag of Lord Calypho~

jarjarloves
02.21.2013 , 09:56 PM | #654
Quote: Originally Posted by Dahkot View Post
Their complete silence and avoidance on this issue is an example of just had badly the company is ran.

There is ZERO , zero reason for them to not at least acknowledge they fell down on this and apologize that they don't have the resources or funds to do anything about it. A little honesty goes a long ways.

Instead they are spineless and clueless in addition to liars.
umm they have already said they will add more to the CE vendor

chill out

Jahosefat
02.21.2013 , 10:00 PM | #655
Quote: Originally Posted by jarjarloves View Post

chill out
yeah they will do more, they will just add another color speeder or pet and call it a day. and don't even ask "when?"

because "soon" could mean tomorrow or in 2 years with this company

TheSeventhJedi
02.21.2013 , 10:49 PM | #656
Quote: Originally Posted by jarjarloves View Post

chill out
A year ago. With no words or actions since, you'll pardon us if we no longer think that's good enough.

jankiel
02.22.2013 , 04:11 AM | #657
Well there is no way im buying the expansion unless they make a clear statement about this. I suggest you people to do the same. I don't feel like being ripped off again.
Coris of The Progenitor

Desolaytore
02.22.2013 , 04:50 AM | #658
One can only hope
"I hear them enter my domain, children unknowing. They will serve..." - The Infernal One
Lightning flashes of insight, Into the mirth of a dark sky,
Pain of division is nothing, Joy of dissolution is everything.

saremun
02.22.2013 , 05:22 AM | #659
i checked the CE vendor in the PTS and look like nothing have been changed so iam really disappointed with that, but everything else is great so far.

HammersteinSW
02.22.2013 , 05:36 AM | #660
That's because it is not Bioware. Bioware Austin is actually EA Austin and consists of refugees from Warhammer and Daoc, for example Jeff Hickman. Except for some visits by the doctors this studio is entirely EA founded with the Bioware name slapped on it.

This is common knowledge, Bioware was dead the moment they sold out to EA.