Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Collectors edition vendor

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Alec_Fortescue
08.10.2014 , 08:58 AM | #2081
Quote: Originally Posted by Transairion View Post
According to certain websites/rumor a Makeb-based decoration has been moved from being listed as coming from a Cartel Pack to now being bought from the CE Vendor for 50,000 credits.

Statue of Eternal Grace

It does look nice but it's very Makeb themed...
I wouldn't say it's Makeb-themed. I won't say "better than nothing" either. Ohlen said we'll be getting exclusive weapons and armor.
Bioware, please let us know if we're ever going to see iconic Jedi robes in the game... Or why not?

http://www.swtor.com/r/FsJS44 - Accept my referral to express gratitude for my years-long fight for iconic Jedi attire in this "Star Wars" game. You'll get some goodies on top of it, too.

Aries_cz
08.10.2014 , 09:03 AM | #2082
Quote: Originally Posted by Alec_Fortescue View Post
I wouldn't say it's Makeb-themed. I won't say "better than nothing" either. Ohlen said we'll be getting exclusive weapons and armor.
If you did not notice, Ohlen used to say a lot of things that turned out to be very early in production plan, which often got him The Death Glare from Stephen Reid.
Game production works something like this:
  • A bunch of developers toss out a lot of things they think might be cool.
  • Someone from marketing sticks his head in, and says, “We have to start hyping this! What’s cool about it?”
  • They toss him the list and hope he goes away. He feeds the list to the press.
  • Over the course of years, each idea on the list is evaluated for practicality, fun, and so on. One by one, they fall into “Not for release” or “Not ever”. Meanwhile, the initial PR is flying all over the net, preserved forever by rabid fanboys who have dedicated their entire existence to a game they have never seen and which might never come out.
Ohlen often said thing that were before step 4.
Supreme Commander of all riots yet to come
Without the darkness, how would we recognize the light?
Aries, admin of Czech/Slovak fansite SW-TOR.cz
Check out my story videos or support me by clicking my Referral Link

JBaugus
08.26.2014 , 03:43 PM | #2083
I posted the other day in the Suggestion Box area, but it quickly fell down the list. Then I ran across this post and reposted here since most of us CE subscribers read/post here.

Since the CE vendor only gets scarce updates. Could we at least get the Republic Officer / Imperial Trooper armor sets changed to Bind to Legacy. Perhaps put a few BoL weapons on there too. I'm sure there's so few of us now it wouldn't be a game changer and it would certainly make me a bit happier to visit my CE vendor. BTW the VIP Vendor needs some love too!

Transairion
08.26.2014 , 11:07 PM | #2084
Quote:
Since the CE vendor only gets scarce updates. Could we at least get the Republic Officer / Imperial Trooper armor sets changed to Bind to Legacy. Perhaps put a few BoL weapons on there too. I'm sure there's so few of us now it wouldn't be a game changer and it would certainly make me a bit happier to visit my CE vendor. BTW the VIP Vendor needs some love too!

I would really appreciate the VIP Vendor and CE vendor items being BoL instead of BoP.

It's quite unfair the Imperial VIP Vendor gets a 100% unique dancer outfit while the Republic version gets the most minor recolour of the Slave Outfit possible, while the Imperial CE vendor gets the official Imperial military armour and the Republic version gets.... I'm not even sure, a hardly used model that sometimes Republic Ship Captain NPC's wear?

The Republic CE and VIP got pretty shafted with regards to the cool stuff, make it BoL

RagnarAugustus
08.27.2014 , 04:46 PM | #2085
Quote: Originally Posted by terminova View Post
On the Imperial side there are two CE vendors on opposite sides of the VIP Lounge. One has the speeder the other has some other stuff.
And it will still be nice for both of those vendors to be updated. One would think with the expansion of many of the CE benefits to the people who paid $4.00 to do the digital upgrade that BW would have at least done something, and one would hope a little more for those of us with the "real" Collectors Editions..

branmakmuffin
08.27.2014 , 10:25 PM | #2086
Quote: Originally Posted by terminova View Post
On the Imperial side there are two CE vendors on opposite sides of the VIP Lounge. One has the speeder the other has some other stuff.
The one with just the speeder is the VIP vendor.

Mike_Bluesky
08.30.2014 , 07:46 AM | #2087
I don't know if anyone posted about it but CE vendor has a nice statue for strongholds now. Haven't seen it anywhere else so it's probably exclusive (I hope so). You can still donate it to your guild so it's pretty cool.
I don't have friends but I really want those pets -> referral link (you get free stuff too!)

Kintosi
08.30.2014 , 10:20 AM | #2088
Quote: Originally Posted by RagnarAugustus View Post
And it will still be nice for both of those vendors to be updated. One would think with the expansion of many of the CE benefits to the people who paid $4.00 to do the digital upgrade that BW would have at least done something, and one would hope a little more for those of us with the "real" Collectors Editions..
yea, i was annoyed with this too. i payed the extra cash to have a unique speeder/emote items and access to the VIP area of the fleet. Now, the only " unique " thing ive got is a black and yellow 'pencil' saber. and they added black and yellow lasers to GSF via the CM. so, even the color scheme is no longer unique. kinda a slap in the face for those of us who paid something like double the normal cost of the game when it was new...
Kintosi Nalyd - Jedi Weaponsmaster
'Squadron 367' 'Regulators'

<RCOD>

Darth_Wicked
08.30.2014 , 10:25 AM | #2089
Quote: Originally Posted by Kintosi View Post
yea, i was annoyed with this too. i payed the extra cash to have a unique speeder/emote items and access to the VIP area of the fleet. Now, the only " unique " thing ive got is a black and yellow 'pencil' saber. and they added black and yellow lasers to GSF via the CM. so, even the color scheme is no longer unique. kinda a slap in the face for those of us who paid something like double the normal cost of the game when it was new...
Why do you people love to imply you got nothing at all when you bought the CE?

Wasn't there a Darth Malgus statue? Gnost-Dural's journal? The OST or at least part of it? The physical security key?

^^ I payed my 150€ for the above, NOT for the in-game digital items; I have a hard-time believing that anyone here can actually claim they bought the CE with the hope of receiving a white pony.

If you did, dayum...

Andrellma
08.30.2014 , 10:38 AM | #2090
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Wicked View Post
Why do you people love to imply you got nothing at all when you bought the CE?

Wasn't there a Darth Malgus statue? Gnost-Dural's journal? The OST or at least part of it? The physical security key?

^^ I payed my 150€ for the above, NOT for the in-game digital items; I have a hard-time believing that anyone here can actually claim they bought the CE with the hope of receiving a white pony.

If you did, dayum...
You paid for everything that was advertised, just like the rest of us did. If you're okay with only getting 90% of what you paid for, fine, but stop harassing people who expect everything they paid for.