Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Collectors edition vendor

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Icestar's Avatar


Icestar
05.08.2014 , 07:25 AM | #2041
Quote: Originally Posted by Transairion View Post
Hopefully Galactic Strongholds might have some CE vendor items as well
Time will tell, I would not bet on it though

CE vendor is a long lost cause, a promise broken a long time ago
"Though free to think and act, we are held together, like the stars in the firmament, with ties inseparable. These ties cannot, be seen, but, we can feel them"
- Nikola Tesla

Valethar's Avatar


Valethar
05.13.2014 , 03:11 PM | #2042
Quote: Originally Posted by Icestar View Post
Time will tell, I would not bet on it though

CE vendor is a long lost cause, a promise broken a long time ago
That's because they never intended to keep it in the first place.
"Due to the massive loss of subscribers in our flagship title, we decided to cancel Blizzcon this year, because frankly, we don't think there's anyone left who would show up."

NickM's Avatar


NickM
05.13.2014 , 03:57 PM | #2043
I don't know if they have many concerns about this vendor. I don't imagine that there are many people on each server that still play that also have a CE. I'm one of them, but I imagine those who do are few and far between. They probably aren't going to spend time and resources on something that only ~100 people per server can use.

Deewe's Avatar


Deewe
05.13.2014 , 06:19 PM | #2044
Quote: Originally Posted by NickM View Post
I don't know if they have many concerns about this vendor. I don't imagine that there are many people on each server that still play that also have a CE. I'm one of them, but I imagine those who do are few and far between. They probably aren't going to spend time and resources on something that only ~100 people per server can use.
Unless they allow players to digitally upgrade to the CE vendor for $$$ then it would be interesting to add new stuff there.

It's what you do in oligopolistic or monopolistic markets you add an entry fee so not only you make people pay for your services but you also grab a surplus you would not have in a competition market.

Because your consumer's don't have the choice...

Elfa's Avatar


Elfa
05.13.2014 , 06:22 PM | #2045
You guys are still doing better than the VIP vendor.
I'd like to sit down with the guy responsible for having Busta Rhymes fight Michael Myers in HALLOWEEN RESURRECTION. Then, before he could speak, I would slap him so hard his face would explode and his dog would die." - Jim Law

Icestar's Avatar


Icestar
05.13.2014 , 10:59 PM | #2046
Quote: Originally Posted by Valethar View Post
That's because they never intended to keep it in the first place.
Please provide a source for that statement.

There are however several official replies were they say that the collector vendor will get more items and be a bonus for those that paid alot of money when the game was new. Do a simple search for collector edition swtor and you will find interesting information, both DEV official responses and interesting suggestions for the collector vendor.

Since then it has been silent without any comments from Bioware for a very, very long time.
"Though free to think and act, we are held together, like the stars in the firmament, with ties inseparable. These ties cannot, be seen, but, we can feel them"
- Nikola Tesla

Valethar's Avatar


Valethar
05.13.2014 , 11:12 PM | #2047
Quote: Originally Posted by Icestar View Post
Please provide a source for that statement.

There are however several official replies were they say that the collector vendor will get more items and be a bonus for those that paid alot of money when the game was new. Do a simple search for collector edition swtor and you will find interesting information, both DEV official responses and interesting suggestions for the collector vendor.

Since then it has been silent without any comments from Bioware for a very, very long time.
You just answered yourself.
"Due to the massive loss of subscribers in our flagship title, we decided to cancel Blizzcon this year, because frankly, we don't think there's anyone left who would show up."

Sol-Ra's Avatar


Sol-Ra
05.14.2014 , 12:59 AM | #2048
I posted this idea a while back. Since they remove old items from the CM they could add the items to this vendor, make them bind on pickup. It would give us CE players a reason to go back. Yes the items would have to convert to a credit purchase but it would be a way to update this vendor and keep us CE players feeling like we got what we paid for.
Sol-Ra Mundari
{DPS Vigilance Guardian - 55}
REGULATORS
CE VIP SK

<Star-Gazers>
The Harbinger

The ability to speak does not make you intelligent. Now get out of here. - Qui-Gon Jinn Ep 1

Icestar's Avatar


Icestar
05.14.2014 , 06:08 AM | #2049
Quote: Originally Posted by Valethar View Post
You just answered yourself.
No, it is not a answer to why you say

Quote: Originally Posted by Valethar View Post
That's because they never intended to keep it in the first place.
Do you know something about their intentions that we do not?
"Though free to think and act, we are held together, like the stars in the firmament, with ties inseparable. These ties cannot, be seen, but, we can feel them"
- Nikola Tesla

Desolaytore's Avatar


Desolaytore
05.16.2014 , 01:53 PM | #2050
Quote: Originally Posted by Sol-Ra View Post
I posted this idea a while back. Since they remove old items from the CM they could add the items to this vendor, make them bind on pickup. It would give us CE players a reason to go back. Yes the items would have to convert to a credit purchase but it would be a way to update this vendor and keep us CE players feeling like we got what we paid for.
I don't want old rehashed CM gear, also could you imagine all the butthurt people if that happened?
"I hear them enter my domain, children unknowing. They will serve..." - The Infernal One
Lightning flashes of insight, Into the mirth of a dark sky,
Pain of division is nothing, Joy of dissolution is everything.