Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Collectors edition vendor

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Dragoon-
12.02.2013 , 07:34 AM | #1901
The CE vendor is fine now. No need to further improve his stock. Instead give the Pre-order Vendor some love. The pre-order crystal should be at least on par, stats wise, with the lvl35 CM crystal.
Elara Dorne: I'll be ready with any number of regulation-approved punishments when the opportunity arises.
"Everyone fights, Private Ganbar. Either you go in shooting or we freeze you in carbonite and use you as a shield.."

Eillack
12.02.2013 , 08:41 AM | #1902
/facepalm

Stop feeding the troll people.

Jaing
12.02.2013 , 01:50 PM | #1903
Just reaffirming that I would like more and desireable items (which is open to interpretation) added to the collector's edition vendor at what I consider a more regular pace.

I do however ackgnowledge that what I want is not in the overall best interest of the people trying to make money from this game, and as such I am not really expecting to get what I want.
PAXIMPERIUS
Website | Recruitment Thread

Vis-Tecum
12.02.2013 , 01:58 PM | #1904
though this thread makes my head hurt from the stupidity

I will say I would be very pleased to see some galactic starfighter paint jobs or something unique related to the expansion on the CE vendor

either way I have never felt "slapped in the face" as the owner of 2 collector edition boxes and will not start too if something is not added
Just go riding right by me on the crest of the new wave

Andryah
12.02.2013 , 02:01 PM | #1905
Quote: Originally Posted by Vis-Tecum View Post
though this thread makes my head hurt from the stupidity

I will say I would be very pleased to see some galactic starfighter paint jobs or something unique related to the expansion on the CE vendor

either way I have never felt "slapped in the face" as the owner of 2 collector edition boxes and will not start too if something is not added
/Signed. Though I only have one CE.
Judgments are often inaccurate because the brain relies on cognitive biases over hard evidence. Cognitive bias is the tendency to make irrational judgments in consistent patterns. Researchers have found that cognitive bias wreaks havoc by forcing people to make poor, irrational judgments.

Mike_Bluesky
12.02.2013 , 02:01 PM | #1906
I don't think most of the CE owners feel slapped in the face. Just disappointed.
I don't have friends but I really want those pets -> referral link (you get free stuff too!)

DarthEthan
12.02.2013 , 02:54 PM | #1907
Add some more dyes, all the social gear, some color crystals. The vendor has been updates--what--twice since release? The only cool thing he offers IMO is the black/yellow dye. Simply add some cartel items to the vendor that we can pay credits for. Don't make it outlandishly priced. Seriously. The security key vendor has cooler stuff than the CE vendor.
I love RP, but some people take it TOO far

Proud owner of a pre-ordered Collector's Edition
Spoiler

Aebrynis
12.02.2013 , 07:56 PM | #1908
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthEthan View Post
Add some more dyes, all the social gear, some color crystals. The vendor has been updates--what--twice since release? The only cool thing he offers IMO is the black/yellow dye. Simply add some cartel items to the vendor that we can pay credits for. Don't make it outlandishly priced. Seriously. The security key vendor has cooler stuff than the CE vendor.
This. There's a lot they could offer by simply recoloring exclusive content, or offering certain dyes on a one-off basis (such as black/black or white/white), which would take little actual effort. I refuse to buy dye packs, and the colors people want (like black/black) are rarely sold, and when they are, it's for insane amounts of money (I am not, however, faulting the sellers - if they can get the credits, more power to them).

One of my guildies recently remarked that she'd like the Imperial Dancer outfit for her Scoundrel - which is impossible, obviously. Recolor it from black & gold to, say, silver and red (or whatever colors happen to be chosen), and place it on the CE vendor. They could do the same with all the faction-specific stuff on the Key vendor (perhaps removing faction-specific insignia), while keeping those original versions exclusive to the Key vendor. Maybe recolor an Aratech speeder...an unusual pattern, perhaps - red with black stripes, or basic colors with faction insignia...heck, maybe even a rainbow pattern or tiger stripes. Leopard-skin Aratech speeder, anyone?

There's so much they could do with a minimum of time and effort invested. I'm curious to see whether they're good to their word - although I will admit I'm not going to hold my breath.

CrazyMcGee
12.02.2013 , 08:46 PM | #1909
Quote: Originally Posted by Aebrynis View Post
This. There's a lot they could offer by simply recoloring exclusive content, or offering certain dyes on a one-off basis (such as black/black or white/white), which would take little actual effort. I refuse to buy dye packs, and the colors people want (like black/black) are rarely sold, and when they are, it's for insane amounts of money (I am not, however, faulting the sellers - if they can get the credits, more power to them).

One of my guildies recently remarked that she'd like the Imperial Dancer outfit for her Scoundrel - which is impossible, obviously. Recolor it from black & gold to, say, silver and red (or whatever colors happen to be chosen), and place it on the CE vendor. They could do the same with all the faction-specific stuff on the Key vendor (perhaps removing faction-specific insignia), while keeping those original versions exclusive to the Key vendor. Maybe recolor an Aratech speeder...an unusual pattern, perhaps - red with black stripes, or basic colors with faction insignia...heck, maybe even a rainbow pattern or tiger stripes. Leopard-skin Aratech speeder, anyone?

There's so much they could do with a minimum of time and effort invested. I'm curious to see whether they're good to their word - although I will admit I'm not going to hold my breath.
Yes, anything like this would seem (to me) pretty reasonable.

arunav
12.02.2013 , 10:48 PM | #1910
Quote: Originally Posted by CrazyMcGee View Post
Yes, anything like this would seem (to me) pretty reasonable.
Perhaps there are too few people with CEs left playing the game to make the effort worthwhile.

Many, many folks who were enthusiastic about TOR last year left. Only BW has the numbers, but, again, there may not be that many CE folks playing.