Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Collectors edition vendor

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Sniper-Agent's Avatar


Sniper-Agent
12.01.2013 , 06:46 PM | #1891
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
Oh.. there is plenty of complaining in this thread. As well as demands, expressions of entitlement, and wild dreams.
I don't think those people who bought thE collectors edition, who might I add where promised frequent updates to the shop, are being self entitled for asking Eaware to follow through on their promise.

I'm just glad I stuck with the DD edition...
Quote: Originally Posted by Aziran View Post
OP. Look at this cup of f**ks \_/ <---- You may notice, it is sadly empty.

Andryah's Avatar


Andryah
12.01.2013 , 07:21 PM | #1892
Quote: Originally Posted by jankiel View Post
Yeah, yeah as well as your complaining about the complainers. Just find another thread to bother.
Nope. I am a CE owner.. I have as much right to comment as anyone in the CE vendor thread.

What I am NOT....is upset about the pace of additions to the CE vendor, nor the type of additions. Anyone that buys an MMO CE edition for the digital perks has made an error in judgment IMO.
"The internet has enabled so much and empowered so many. But it can also be a place where the basic rules of decency are suspended and pettiness and negativity thrive, - Tim Cook, Apple CEO

Mike_Bluesky's Avatar


Mike_Bluesky
12.01.2013 , 07:42 PM | #1893
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
Anyone that buys an MMO CE edition for the digital perks has made an error in judgment IMO.
Nevertheless it's not our fault to hope for our beloved company to go through what was originally promised after changes in the game that we did not choose. I think you can call people entitled when they want something for free and haven't paid for it in the first place. That doesn't apply here.

Is this hope worth an active thread? Definitely.
I don't have friends but I really want those pets -> referral link (you get free stuff too!)

NyxNoxNothing's Avatar


NyxNoxNothing
12.01.2013 , 07:46 PM | #1894
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
Nope. I am a CE owner.. I have as much right to comment as anyone in the CE vendor thread.

What I am NOT....is upset about the pace of additions to the CE vendor, nor the type of additions. Anyone that buys an MMO CE edition for the digital perks has made an error in judgment IMO.
So it's more to buy the CE for the artbooks and whatever other physical goodies come bundled with it then?
Most games i've seen it really is the the physical goodies that justify getting the CE. The few in game items are usually vanity items that, unusual looks aside, don't offer significant benefits over what can be acquired in game. There are the occasional exceptions, of course.
In theory there's no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

Mike_Bluesky's Avatar


Mike_Bluesky
12.01.2013 , 07:53 PM | #1895
Well, no argument here - physical stuff in this CE is just awesome. Like I said above, we still can hope for originally planned digital stuff to be implemented. You know, like in this "Hope" trailer.
I don't have friends but I really want those pets -> referral link (you get free stuff too!)

CrazyMcGee's Avatar


CrazyMcGee
12.01.2013 , 09:13 PM | #1896
Seems to me like BW have been doing a lot of listening recently. We've been seeing loads of things implemented that we've been asking for, so I'm not giving up on this.

To reiterate my stance on this, I am not expecting new, exclusive content. I don't expect BW to spend time and money on something that only benefits a small number of players, whatever promises were made in the past.

But I don't think it's a wild dream to push for some current content to be added to the CE vendor as a little perk, e.g. black or white dyes that are available for credits. That doesn't hurt anyone, other players can get them too, but it is a nice little nod to the CE players. Can anyone tell me what would be wrong with something like that?

Or even just convenience stuff, e.g. social gear from every social vendor across the galaxy. Put in a box, so that we can buy that more easily. Again, no one is missing out, it's just a little perk to make us feel some love.

Getting a little more adventurous, add rare speeders or pets to the vendor, as in pre-existing ones that can be obtained from other places, e.g. Pale Rakling for credits. All players can get it, but if you are a CE player, it's a bit easier.

Any of those kind of things would seem reasonable to me. No one is missing out, but CE vendors are getting a little nod from BW. I know it's my idea, so obviously I'd agree with it, but that really does seem fair and reasonable to me. I'm not expecting brand new exclusive gear just for us, but there lots of little things they could do to make us feel loved.

They persuaded us (and the DD players) to pay our money upfront on the promise of future updates... they should be making some attempt to stand by that. I think BW do play too fast and loose with customer trust e.g. charging for RotHC then making it free. You screw around like this too many times and they will lose customer trust. How many of us would feel confident paying for another expansion, or buying access to a new vendor? They may have moved away from that model, but they should be careful about how many people they've burned this way.

TL;DR A little love is not too much to ask.

Andryah's Avatar


Andryah
12.01.2013 , 09:29 PM | #1897
Quote: Originally Posted by CrazyMcGee View Post
TL;DR A little love is not too much to ask.
No disagreement with this.

It's the demanding, insisting, and feeling entitled-to that I disagree with.

If sincere and level headed requests were not constantly washed out by all the rage posts, demand posts, claims of fraud posts, complaints about reskins posts, etc. etc. etc.. the thread premise would be worth supporting. The thread does have gold posts in it, and they did in fact add content.. and were heavily chided for it in this thread because people cannot manage their expectations.
"The internet has enabled so much and empowered so many. But it can also be a place where the basic rules of decency are suspended and pettiness and negativity thrive, - Tim Cook, Apple CEO

BJWyler's Avatar


BJWyler
12.01.2013 , 09:59 PM | #1898
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
No disagreement with this.

It's the demanding, insisting, and feeling entitled-to that I disagree with.

If sincere and level headed requests were not constantly washed out by all the rage posts, demand posts, claims of fraud posts, complaints about reskins posts, etc. etc. etc.. the thread premise would be worth supporting. The thread does have gold posts in it, and they did in fact add content.. and were heavily chided for it in this thread because people cannot manage their expectations.
Was just about to come to this thread (again) and put another 2 cents in, but I can't really say it any better than this.

Updates have happened, and continue to happen.

Unfortunately, we see the same results here that plagued the game from beta through launch, and beyond. It is the somewhat unique ability that the gaming population has of not being able to think rationally and manage/adjust their expectations accordingly.

Gamers often wonder why "we can't have nice things in a game." Want to know why? Look in a mirror for your answer. All of us have been guilty of not being able to manage our expectations at some point or another (including myself). Some of us, however, have been able to learn from our mistakes (again, myself included), and adjust our expectations going forward accordingly. Obviously, many others have not been able to do so yet.
Better Judgement and Wrath of Judgement on Star Forge
Check out our own Character Page which includes music and Quest Lists

Wretched Hive Recap The premier SWTOR Forum Discussion Show

Alec_Fortescue's Avatar


Alec_Fortescue
12.02.2013 , 01:00 AM | #1899
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
Christmas hats... in red and green.

Because that is all complainers deserve IMO.

Note: I am a CE owner.. so don't even try it.
Nope. They'll be both gold/yellow and for both factions. :l Of course, red and green/blue will be available on CM so we'll get reskins.
http://www.swtor.com/r/FsJS44 Please thank me for a victorious five-year fight for traditional Jedi robes in SWTOR.

jankiel's Avatar


jankiel
12.02.2013 , 07:18 AM | #1900
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
Nope. I am a CE owner.. I have as much right to comment as anyone in the CE vendor thread.
Just realise your comments are as annoying as the constant hate this topic is filled.

Back to buisnes.

Maybe a custom paint for GS?