Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Collectors edition vendor

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

veyl
08.21.2013 , 09:46 AM | #1751
"Collector’s Edition Store. At launch the Collector’s Edition Store will be available to those who have the Collector’s Edition of The Old Republic, and will feature items found nowhere else in the game! The Collector’s Edition will be stocked with exclusive social items for yourself, and unique appearances for your companion. The store will also have regular updates to give players incentive to keep coming back."

GOOD NEWS GUYS! I found out where they hid all of our exclusive weapons and armor! His name is Bizal Mavole and he's a bounty hunter with the items we were promised...

Now if only we had a collectors edition merit badge to wave at the vendor to get the stuff.

Gullesvupper
08.21.2013 , 10:08 AM | #1752
What I don't get, is the need to have exactly that armor model put on the vendor? There's plenty of models in the game to choose from, but they went for this? I see this as a blatant statement of them pissing on the the CE buyers tbh. And the CE armors doesn't even have dye slots? LOL!

I don't have the CE myself FYI, but I know my brother does and I know he's not happy to say the least. My personal beef with this is simply that a promise should be kept, especially when advertising something as expensive as this CE used to be. Most of these complainers are the people who went all out trying to support the game at launch, and are still here?! And you only show them contempt? I don't get it tbh.

And people who goes "BUT TEH STUFFZ IN TEH BOXXZ" - It was part of a package. People buy stuff for different reasons, amazing isn't it? I think people would be up in arms if the CE hadn't contained the game as well.....
Bioware insulted Sorcs and Vanguards only because of bad questions

Regards,
Juggs, Marauders and Snipers.

veyl
08.21.2013 , 12:51 PM | #1753
I have a feeling this thread will disappear into the background again for another year with no developer response until the next "expansion" comes up.

You know how there's a Community team member for all of the classes that get to ask three questions and get a developer response? Maybe we should have one of those for the Collectors Edition.

#1- Why is it okay to have a dedicated team to the cartel market items, yet not one of those team members can be assigned to make stuff for the collectors edition vendor? Is this teams "development" window so small that they can only produce for the packs and not the vendor that was promised items............... even though most of the items are just reskins // recolors which probably doesn't take that much of their time? (see #3 which somewhat ties into this)

#2- Why hasn't an actual Developer responded to this thread? We've had a liason (and thank you Eric for actually doing something noteworthy for the community who were blatantly ignored for an entire year) answer questions but never had an actual Developer say "Hey, we ****ed up and we're sorry. Soon isn't good enough, here are those items we promised you... Thanks for staying here for nearly 2 years to support us with your subscription. WE VALUE IT and will continue to show you that we care" Other MMO's do this for their customers. They own up to their mistakes and COMMUNICATE with their paying customers. (The trion development team over at Rift does a fantastic job of this continuously.)

#3- Why isn't at least *one* of the "valuable" items on the CM recolored and put on the CE vendor with each pack? Do the developers realize that this would shut us CE owners up? The black - Yellow dye was a step in the right direction...and now it's back to nothing. Putting one of the valuable things on the CE vendor would keep people paying because (chances are) they have to run things to be able to afford the prices. (200k for a pet?)

Klarick
08.21.2013 , 01:32 PM | #1754
Quote: Originally Posted by Alec_Fortescue View Post
Deal wasn't kept..
^ Should be the sig block of every CE owner. A problem that could be so easily fixed, yet for some reason, they seem to refuse to do so. Makes no sense.
Klarick -- Healing PUGS since 16 March 1999

branmakmuffin
08.21.2013 , 03:04 PM | #1755
Quote: Originally Posted by Klarick View Post
^ Should be the sig block of every CE owner. A problem that could be so easily fixed, yet for some reason, they seem to refuse to do so. Makes no sense.
Again, "regular" != "frequent."

Desolaytore
08.21.2013 , 03:08 PM | #1756
We've been asking for a dye slot for the CE armor and they just go ahead and add a new set to a new vendor instead of fixing the CE set. FFS.
"I hear them enter my domain, children unknowing. They will serve..." - The Infernal One
Lightning flashes of insight, Into the mirth of a dark sky,
Pain of division is nothing, Joy of dissolution is everything.

jankiel
08.21.2013 , 03:59 PM | #1757
I kind of knew this place would go bonkers after this update. Great job Bioware really great way of making some of your most loyal gamers go nuts.

Guess this thread is not going to die so if you want us to go away just come in and have the balls to say that you won't be updating the vendor and that you deceived us.

Gavida
08.21.2013 , 04:29 PM | #1758
I was disappointed to see that the Imperial Trooper armor, which I happily wore with my Bounty Hunter now is available to all in a re-colored version.

Makes me really feel appreciated and special for owning the CE

calypsissmexy
08.21.2013 , 05:01 PM | #1759
We've been had...though I do like the box. True collectors editions, throughout collecting history, have simply been exceptional or unique items that only over time (or through obviously superior craftsmanship) proved to be of higher value to collectors. A product marketed as collectible is not this 99% of the time.

I'm sure very slowly there will be more regular updates (scraps) thrown in...but nothing anyone will feel justifies their expectations because anything worth anything will be sold through the CM. If they put something truly exceptional in the CE vendor, other players would raise a stink now anyway. It will never happen. We'll get a couple meh customizations, more dye modules that make your eyes bleed, and maybe a pet or two that only pet collectors will want or something else equally forgettable.

They simply have no incentive to offer more than that. Why? Because they already got your money. The number of CE owners who actually paid full price for it is too small the bother pursuing their affection at this point when you can make money off of interesting items by sticking them in the CM. CE owners who paid the $20 or $5 upgrade prices haven't paid enough to feel they deserve much more than what they already have and aren't typically the ones in here complaining about the vendor being crappy. They get their free speeder with each toon and they are okay.

And complaining on the forums is super easy to ignore, as we can tell by how thoroughly they ignore most of it. So satisfying forum complainers is obviously not an incentive.

Occasionally some employee or forum moderator may valiantly promise better updates, but then his bosses will mitigate and backburner any promises because they are more interested in making money on the CM than satisfying a small sector of fans.
Just take my money [togruta species]

jankiel
08.21.2013 , 05:05 PM | #1760
Quote: Originally Posted by calypsissmexy View Post

I'm sure very slowly there will be more regular updates (scraps) thrown in...
What makes you think that? Because if they actually did throw some minor updates each update I would be quite content.

Quote: Originally Posted by calypsissmexy View Post
And complaining on the forums is super easy to ignore, as we can tell by how thoroughly they ignore most of it. So satisfying forum complainers is obviously not an incentive.

Occasionally some employee or forum moderator may valiantly promise better updates, but then his bosses will mitigate and backburner any promises because they are more interested in making money on the CM than satisfying a small sector of fans.
So what should we do? Get over it? No way