Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Collectors edition vendor

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Alec_Fortescue
04.23.2013 , 11:57 AM | #1251
Quote: Originally Posted by Exastify View Post
They've made it clear they aren't spending a lot of development time on CE items, likely because there aren't many active CE players. Why spend $10,000 developing a cartel pack to get $30,000 from CE owners, when they can make the pack open to anyone and make much more?

It may be the trend that for every cartel pack update, one item gets recolored and gets put on the CE vendor. It doesn't take much dev time, and CE owners still get exclusive items.
They have lots of resources to put in some sets not available in the game, which were present in beta and lots of media. I am sure everyone would be satisfied. There is no need of designing completely new items. Lots of stuff are already there. Why is it a big deal to add one advertised ,yet not available, armor resembling each class every month? There are plenty of outfits in media which aren't available to players of every class. They already made them, it's not like they're gonna start from scratch.
*Best Dressed Jedi of 2014* http://mmo-fashion.com/tor-fashion-contest-results/

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=720547 - Cool compilation of Jedi outfits worn by NPCs.

Don't let your artists' work go to waste, Bioware

Aebrynis
04.23.2013 , 12:03 PM | #1252
Quote: Originally Posted by razerfun View Post
True; I, for one, just expected more out of the company that gave us Baldur's Gate and KOTOR. Games made for gamers by gamers, rather than marketing hype made by former gamers for suckers
That company doesn't exist any more. A select few cashed out and 'went on to other things', and the rest were given slips of bright pink. What's left is a shell inhabited by recolor artists and corporate bean counters, plus a legal team feverishly working to keep the books updated so they can dodge complaints such as the ones in this thread.

Yeah, I'm a cynic. Not without reason, I think.

veyl
04.24.2013 , 10:16 AM | #1253
And nothing added.

Here is my shocked face

T-Assassin
04.24.2013 , 11:12 AM | #1254
Quote: Originally Posted by Aebrynis View Post
That company doesn't exist any more. A select few cashed out and 'went on to other things', and the rest were given slips of bright pink. What's left is a shell inhabited by recolor artists and corporate bean counters, plus a legal team feverishly working to keep the books updated so they can dodge complaints such as the ones in this thread.

Yeah, I'm a cynic. Not without reason, I think.
I agree.

There is not much being done, to otherwise prove, that EAWare is nothing more than what you have stated above. This game has had unlimited potential (wide open SW timeline universe!! how can u eff that up? oh, CC and lack of worthwhile content in both PvE and PvP realms), only to never live up to its potential.
"Ib'tuur jatne tuur ash'ad kyr'amur."
"Today is a good day for someone else to die." -

Darknessinme
04.24.2013 , 11:37 AM | #1255
Quote: Originally Posted by CoryButler View Post
Don't worry, you are not forgotten. There are new items coming to the CE Vendor with Game Update 2.1! We will have more information on what they are closer to its release.
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...=629554&page=5

Wanted to share this with my fellow CE owners!

Shoogli
04.24.2013 , 12:13 PM | #1256
Quote: Originally Posted by Darknessinme View Post
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...=629554&page=5

Wanted to share this with my fellow CE owners!
Thanks !

Oh and I see the word "items" with an S !!! So we'll get at least 2 !
Shoogli | Jawa Droid Designer
Do not Follow me on Twitter @NOWHERE | Dislike me on Facebook
[Do Not Contact Me] [Rules of Misconduct] [F.A.Q.] [Shoogli Tracker]

veyl
04.24.2013 , 12:15 PM | #1257
Quote: Originally Posted by Shoogli View Post
Thanks !

Oh and I see the word "items" with an S !!! So we'll get at least 2 !
It'll just be the same item in 3 different colors.

Cleet_Xia
04.24.2013 , 01:09 PM | #1258
This is great news! We will be moving beyond the land of once annual updates, when 2.1 goes live.

That's a signifigant milestone. Everyone's tastes differ. So long as they continue to update the vender, eventually it will stock something that will make each of us happy that we bought the CE.

Whatever sort of update we get with 2.1, my suggestion is still, "Buy it, if you find it the least bit interesting." We need to continue to show our community support and interest for this feature IN GAME. And the most effective way to do that, is to make sure that the sales metrics from the vender continue to grow.
~Master Telagtun Telag of Lord Calypho~

razerfun
04.24.2013 , 02:16 PM | #1259
Halleluja! Maintaining cautious optimism until there's confirmation that this won't be another eyepatch

Shoogli
04.24.2013 , 02:54 PM | #1260
Quote: Originally Posted by BJWyler View Post
And so why don't they, in that case? Clearly they think it a non-issue enough to only make a couple of changes in the year that the game has been running at this point, despite all the incessant QQing in this thread. Therefore, it's time to either put up and shut up, or get off your duffs and actually do something about it.
Clearly ?
Guess someone just got proven wrong...
Shoogli | Jawa Droid Designer
Do not Follow me on Twitter @NOWHERE | Dislike me on Facebook
[Do Not Contact Me] [Rules of Misconduct] [F.A.Q.] [Shoogli Tracker]