Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Sith Assassin Detailed Deception Guide

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Shadow / Assassin
Sith Assassin Detailed Deception Guide

XCyndre's Avatar


XCyndre
02.25.2012 , 02:46 PM | #11
A great shame, I won't touch razor products after a fault ridden lycosa that was simply atrocious and rubbish tech support.
I stuck to Logitech as I've never had a single prob with their gear.

Using a g9 mouse but having auto run bound to the thumb key is so awkward. Are you binding your forward movement to any particular key or do you bind auto run to one of the nags side keys?

jasiones's Avatar


jasiones
02.25.2012 , 03:26 PM | #12
i commend you for typing this out..but it isnt really a "guide" per say as it is telling us your personal preference of your keyboard lay out.

ydenneksirhc's Avatar


ydenneksirhc
02.25.2012 , 03:52 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by jasiones View Post
i commend you for typing this out..but it isnt really a "guide" per say as it is telling us your personal preference of your keyboard lay out.
Hello jasiones,

I really appreciate your feedback and i respect your opinion. i mentioned earlier this was a guide/article on the deception class itself. Also im not sure if you the read whole thing (i would understand if you didnt haha), but towards the end i wrote up like two paragraphs how to properly and effictively pvp with the abilities we have at 50, and i gave a few sentences on how to use your rotation in PvE in a simple manner.

And you said it "isnt really a guide per say" if its ok i ask that you give me an example of what you expect to see in a guide, especially an advanced class guide, i plan on making a darkness tanking guide, very similar to the layout of this one. please tell me what the ideal guide looks like for you so i can include your suggestoins into the upcoming tank guide!

Cheers
-Daemmon : Deception Assassin - the Shadowlands

ydenneksirhc's Avatar


ydenneksirhc
02.25.2012 , 03:59 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by XCyndre View Post
A great shame, I won't touch razor products after a fault ridden lycosa that was simply atrocious and rubbish tech support.
I stuck to Logitech as I've never had a single prob with their gear.

Using a g9 mouse but having auto run bound to the thumb key is so awkward. Are you binding your forward movement to any particular key or do you bind auto run to one of the nags side keys?
I have autorun binded to the key to the left of the 1 key, the swiggly line lol, i didnt mention that in my keybinds, because i know many people have difference views on autorun.

Im very sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with a razor product and i respect your opinion and decision. If you can find it in you to overlook your previous experience with your keyboard, i guaruntee if you take good care of your naga mouse (no food, drink, etc, lol) it will last you a very long time, and will make a significant difference in your preformance in PvP.

Ironically, i started with logitech, and i hated it, so im biased on that haha.

If you have decided never to buy another razor product, i respect that, and i wish you the best of luck with any other hardware you use.
-Daemmon : Deception Assassin - the Shadowlands

warstory's Avatar


warstory
02.26.2012 , 03:41 AM | #15
little things i wanted to add to this guide, mind trap probably the best skill we have because most of the pvp is group so u can get out on the front lines and crowd control before the fight starts or prevent people from entering combat.

as for healers we have tons of interrupts to prevent them from healing jolt, low slash, execute, overload u can basically take a healer completely out of a fight.

and last but not least without gear expect to die a ton we are a dps class and without expertise we can not dish out any dmg.

crushing darkness is very good to stack onto someone elses dots thats about the only really effective use i have found for it.

SarahAran's Avatar


SarahAran
02.26.2012 , 04:09 AM | #16
A very all encompassing guide, with alot of detailed information. However, that said, it feels like the guide could use a good editor, as it's hard to pick out where one section starts and where it ends. While it all makes sense in one long reading, its not that helpful when I'd like to look up your ideas on one particular subject, eg: talent builds.

A table of contents, some general formatting and a bit of restructuring (Keybinds might not be the most important thing to someone trying the build for their first time, while talents might be more important); a bit of TLC and this could be the definitive Deception guide.

ydenneksirhc's Avatar


ydenneksirhc
02.27.2012 , 09:46 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by SarahAran View Post
A very all encompassing guide, with alot of detailed information. However, that said, it feels like the guide could use a good editor, as it's hard to pick out where one section starts and where it ends. While it all makes sense in one long reading, its not that helpful when I'd like to look up your ideas on one particular subject, eg: talent builds.

A table of contents, some general formatting and a bit of restructuring (Keybinds might not be the most important thing to someone trying the build for their first time, while talents might be more important); a bit of TLC and this could be the definitive Deception guide.
Dude, i couldn't agree more. I wanted to do this kind of editing but with the limited time i had it was almost impossible. Believe me when i say my next guide (darkness tanking) will have a much better layout and will be much easier to work with.

The minute i get some spare time ill start editing this guide to make it more readable and easier to navigate through. Im glad you enjoyed it!
-Daemmon : Deception Assassin - the Shadowlands

ydenneksirhc's Avatar


ydenneksirhc
02.27.2012 , 09:57 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by warstory View Post
little things i wanted to add to this guide, mind trap probably the best skill we have because most of the pvp is group so u can get out on the front lines and crowd control before the fight starts or prevent people from entering combat.

as for healers we have tons of interrupts to prevent them from healing jolt, low slash, execute, overload u can basically take a healer completely out of a fight.

and last but not least without gear expect to die a ton we are a dps class and without expertise we can not dish out any dmg.

crushing darkness is very good to stack onto someone elses dots thats about the only really effective use i have found for it.
Mind trap is a great skill, i agree with you, but from what i have seen in pvp its not worth my time, because im pretty sprinting straight into battle, and any healers or casters in the back that i MC, can easily just breakout, and no one in their right mind is going to blow a vanish because once the enemy is in combat, they cant be re MC'd. Ill occasionally do it, but not as much as when i first hit 50. when you start getting gear and hitting harder, and gain better control on how you time your CCs on multiple targets, MC will become less and less important.

You are right in the sense we can really give healers a hard time, but that doesnt mean we can keep them interupted the whole time. interupts also have a lot of affect on the resolve bar, and after 2-3 interupts or stuns, they have full resolve, pop a shield, bounce you back, and enjoy a nice 4-5 seconds of healing. So its more than just straight up interupts non stop. If you go up against the best healers on your server, they can put up one hell of a fight. And in all honestly, if your the best player in your warzone and the healer has your attention instead of the others, he might be the winner in that scenario, because he can be our battering ram, yet still giving time for his teams mates to kill our healers etc.

Centurion gear is incredibly easy to come by, combined with weeklies and dailies, and overall commendations for champion bags. The casual EVERYDAY player could be full centurion in 1-2 (maybe 3) weeks, assuming you just do the warzone daily, and buy 1 champ bag like every 2 days (i used to buy 2 champ bags a day lol). So what you said about "we expect to die a ton", its actually not that bad, if you can handle 1-3 weeks of pvping a good bit everyday, you will not only get gear, but you will also get more valor which is great for titles (and eventually BM gear) and most importantly youll get practice!!

I disagree with crushing darkness, i only cast force lightning in tank spec, otherwise, seethe is my only cast, we are a melee and instant range class, plus it can easily be interupted by the person attacking you so i wouldnt bother. If you want to use it as a way for them to interupt and build your resolve bar up ON PURPOSE i commend your clever thinking, but for me, im always circling strafing and moving, no time to cast mid combat.

Cheers
-Daemmon : Deception Assassin - the Shadowlands

LordbishopX's Avatar


LordbishopX
02.27.2012 , 10:53 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by ydenneksirhc View Post
and any healers or casters in the back that i MC, can easily just breakout,
Basically mind trap forces them to blow their CC breaker early making it easier to snare them and they are stuck without a CC breaker. It becomes the ultimate troll setup move while stealth not using it as such is such a waste tab click and off. Stops them from advancing or wait for them to blow their CC breaker and unload on them. Pop vanish when low and hit it stop ur opponent its great if they cc breaker is down you can heal and watch them struggle and be at full hit points to open up on them again...
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀}╠╬[<BishopX>]╬╣{▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

ydenneksirhc's Avatar


ydenneksirhc
02.27.2012 , 12:09 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by LordbishopX View Post
Basically mind trap forces them to blow their CC breaker early making it easier to snare them and they are stuck without a CC breaker. It becomes the ultimate troll setup move while stealth not using it as such is such a waste tab click and off. Stops them from advancing or wait for them to blow their CC breaker and unload on them. Pop vanish when low and hit it stop ur opponent its great if they cc breaker is down you can heal and watch them struggle and be at full hit points to open up on them again...
Your point is excellent, i couldn't agree more, its just that, mind trap can only be used on targets who are out of combat, which is quite hard to come by, in my opinion. in huttball, by the time you find a healer, they have probably already healed someone, therefore making them enter combat, rendering the CC useless on them. Same thing for voidstar. Your best bet for utilizing mind trap the most is probably in alderaan, because you can trap while they run between turrets, but thats just my two cents
-Daemmon : Deception Assassin - the Shadowlands