Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sith Assassin Detailed Deception Guide

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Shadow / Assassin
Sith Assassin Detailed Deception Guide

ydenneksirhc
06.18.2012 , 03:39 AM | #131
Quote: Originally Posted by ArrowToDaKnee View Post
Good info but I honestly already played my Dec assassin EXACTLY like you...kind of weird, even some of our skills are in the same slots.

The only thing I found out here was that mass mind control is going to earn me medals in pvp...now THAT is vital though lol. And I'm kind of hitting myself for not using it so far.

Though, I came here to find out how to gear myself, especially with the new gear in 1.2....I want to know what sets are best for assassin, what relics, everything....and this guide had nothing on gear, itemization, stats or anything.

Good job but honestly that's the real info I'm looking for.
I woud recommend going to the assassin forum main page, and clicking the thread views, and from the top, with over 500k views, go through the thread/guide made by Astralfire (or something like that) the compodium. its very detailed and i found it helpful.

Good luck!
-Daemmon : Deception Assassin - the Shadowlands

Bpotux
06.20.2012 , 10:25 AM | #132
Deception gameplay:

http://youtu.be/x_SBhhhsq-s

grandmthethird
06.22.2012 , 09:36 AM | #133
thanks for the info. just started my assassin, only level 11 (i know still a baby) so great to read about things to look out for
"Hope has a vicious enemy called fate"

Ayumria
06.24.2012 , 05:17 PM | #134
I just want to say awesome guide. Very detailed and helpful explanations ^.^ Also appreciate your honesty and modesty. I would like to know what stats are needed for a deception assassin vs darkness asssassin and why. Cause to me i think willlpowerer is for the sorcerer side and str for melee but it seems we get melee stats off willpower so im confused as to what stats we need

Thanks

EDIT: found link for stats for anyone else looking here's the link http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=778 i suggest putting this in your guide maybe for easier find

Griswel
08.07.2012 , 02:42 PM | #135
I'm sitting here reading this in August and I want to say I found it to be extremely helpful. I realize that spec changes since February might make some aspects out of date, but I appreciate all the work which went into it, and the clear reasons for all the advice.

Very helpful.

Dudly'doright
Cancerous Ordo [sp]
The Nicest Sith Ever
Original 100 SWG Beta Tester

Rafkin
08.11.2012 , 02:56 PM | #136
Its fitting that the acronym for this guide is S.A.D.D.

Thats not a comment on the quality of the guide, but the state of the deception assassin.

ydenneksirhc
10.22.2012 , 06:39 PM | #137
Quote: Originally Posted by Bpotux View Post
Deception gameplay:

http://youtu.be/x_SBhhhsq-s
I must admit, i really enjoyed this video. You play well, you keep moving (staying still aint too smart) and you time your spells and interupts well.

My only recommendation at this point is at 1:34 in the video you started your approach to gank the healer, which is great, but keep in mind deceptions (even in this current patch) arent the best healer killers mainly because recklessness offers "limited burst". My recommendation would be to save your interupt (jolt i think its called) because for me when i attack healers, my goal isnt to stop them from healing others, but to kill them instead, so if they have their focus on one of their friends (with a good UI settup you can see this) let them heal that friend, who cares imo. When you burst them down in the lower HP ranges, usually below 30-50 percent, then start using that jolt to prevent them from healing themselves. Thats just my take, if you want to stop them from healing others, thats your goal and choice and i respect that.

Good luck.

ydenneksirhc
10.22.2012 , 06:42 PM | #138
Quote: Originally Posted by Rafkin View Post
Its fitting that the acronym for this guide is S.A.D.D.

Thats not a comment on the quality of the guide, but the state of the deception assassin.
I understand your frustration, im not exactly pleased after just coming back now into the dread masters patch and still seeing deceptions weak, compared to madness, which is boring mode imo. i dont pve with my assassin anymore, even when my guild asked me to tank. In all seriousness, if you love the deception assassin, you should be able to deal with it. ya i really hate losing numbers to jugg dps, but then again, its the play style u play for at the end of the day, not the numbers.

take it easy buddy.

ydenneksirhc
10.22.2012 , 06:44 PM | #139
Quote: Originally Posted by Ayumria View Post
I just want to say awesome guide. Very detailed and helpful explanations ^.^ Also appreciate your honesty and modesty. I would like to know what stats are needed for a deception assassin vs darkness asssassin and why. Cause to me i think willlpowerer is for the sorcerer side and str for melee but it seems we get melee stats off willpower so im confused as to what stats we need

Thanks

EDIT: found link for stats for anyone else looking here's the link http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=778 i suggest putting this in your guide maybe for easier find
I see where you are coming from, but when i started playing this new dread masters patch, i found myself just getting the basic war hero gear, and adding the resolve augments with max willpower and endurance. I have found others like accuracy and crit augments, but they have no interest to me at the moment, but when i reach full war hero, i will write down the stats on paper and i will do the math computations necesary to balance the stats in a way that maximimzes the dps we can pull per match.

I thank you for your on going patience. cheers!

snakeshifter
05.03.2014 , 06:24 PM | #140
To the author I Just would like to say Thank you sincerely for taking the time and effort to construct this extremely helpful guide.