Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

In the Movies..

Lordgeneral
02.24.2012 , 05:17 PM | #1
Right, first of I went to see the phantom menace in the cinema in 3D. Despite the haters, i sat through jaja and was not bothered at all by him, in fact adults even laughed at some parts he did which leads me to believe the haters really are the butt hurt fan boys. Lastly, the 3D was actually pretty well done for the saber fights in the movie so it is worth a viewing IMO, I enjoyed it thoroughly, including the extra scenes added such as introduction of all the pod racers and their pods etc.

Moving on to my main thought however.

My question is, Mace says Anakin is too old to be trained, why then during the old Republic era have we jedi being trained at the age of a fully grown adult or older? just my thought.

Rayla_Felana
02.24.2012 , 05:26 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Lordgeneral View Post
My question is, Mace says Anakin is too old to be trained, why then during the old Republic era have we jedi being trained at the age of a fully grown adult or older? just my thought.
The age barrier wasn't implemented till way after TOR.

Lordgeneral
02.24.2012 , 05:52 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
The age barrier wasn't implemented till way after TOR.
bit strange how they put it in :/

sfatmedic
02.24.2012 , 06:00 PM | #4
Jar Jar is in no way shape or form remotely entertaining. Unless you enjoy surrounding yourself by whining, ignorant, clumsy ******* i have no idea how you could possibly enjoy the abomination known as Jar Jar Binks.
I Just Want To Kill Gungans.......

Syco
02.24.2012 , 06:05 PM | #5
The Jedi order does not have one consistent rule set throughout its entire history.

Like any military or sudo-military organization they will adapt their regulations on recruitment and training to the current galactic political situation.

In a time of peace when they already have a good population their standards will be much stricter, but in a time of war or galactic political instability they will take anybody with sufficient ability to strengthen their side.
"I witnessed the death of perhaps the greatest of them all, the one called Anakin Solo... " -Nom Anor
" 'Your youngest?', Kyp echoed in dismay. Jacen he could shrug off without much trouble, but not Anakin...." "... Anakin could have made a difference." -Kyp Durron

xCyberpunkx
02.24.2012 , 08:23 PM | #6
They're flexible with that rule anyway, as proven when the council allowed Obi-Wan to train Anakin. From my understanding, if they detect a Force Sensitive at a young age, they bring him to the academy to train in a group, class-based setting (which might explain how Obi-Wan was "trained" by Yoda). However, a Jedi Knight is able to take one Padawan under his wing and mentor him at his choosing, regardless of age, and with the approval of the council.

This is why Qui-Gon said that he would take Anakin as his Padawan when they refused to train him. He seemed to know that loophole, that rule, and that is my interpretation, at least.

Lordgeneral
02.25.2012 , 08:32 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by xCyberpunkx View Post
They're flexible with that rule anyway, as proven when the council allowed Obi-Wan to train Anakin. From my understanding, if they detect a Force Sensitive at a young age, they bring him to the academy to train in a group, class-based setting (which might explain how Obi-Wan was "trained" by Yoda). However, a Jedi Knight is able to take one Padawan under his wing and mentor him at his choosing, regardless of age, and with the approval of the council.

This is why Qui-Gon said that he would take Anakin as his Padawan when they refused to train him. He seemed to know that loophole, that rule, and that is my interpretation, at least.
Alright cool, get it now

Mordegrus
06.08.2012 , 06:07 PM | #8
Right, first of I went to see the phantom menace in the cinema in 3D. Despite the haters, i sat through jaja and was not bothered at all by him, in fact adults even laughed at some parts he did which leads me to believe the haters really are the butt hurt fan boys. Lastly, the 3D was actually pretty well done for the saber fights in the movie so it is worth a viewing IMO, I enjoyed it thoroughly, including the extra scenes added such as introduction of all the pod racers and their pods etc.

You sat through Jar Jar?
“Equality is a lie…A myth to appease the masses. Simply look around and you will see the lie for what it is! There are those with power, those with the strength and will to lead. And there are those meant to follow—those incapable of anything but servitude and a meager, worthless existence.”

fallenjedi
06.08.2012 , 07:55 PM | #9

I didn't know George Lucas would be posting on these forums. So......when are you retiring?

purtainr
06.08.2012 , 08:09 PM | #10
When the game starts you have already completed your initial training. You go to tython or korribon to take your trials.