Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Official Q&A Thread for March 2nd, 2012 Q&A Blog Post

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Official Q&A Thread for March 2nd, 2012 Q&A Blog Post
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Altyrell
02.24.2012 , 06:46 PM | #21
This is a Codex Question with 2 Parts:

When will you fix the Codex as there are Codex Updates that should be there [for example the Agent's Class Ship or the Red Blade (or whatever his name is) that is the final Person of Interest for the Agent's Class Quest on Nal Hutta]. Cause this is an annoyance especially for those that would like to complete Codex Sections.

We are able to extend the individual World Codex's to show #/# Datacrons, #/# Person of Interests, #/# Locations, etc. Is there any plans to further that by allowing Players to hover over or extend the Lore part of the World Codex to show that Korriban has XYZ as it's Lore. That way people would be able to see the Lore (or whatever sub-sub-section) they haven't gotten yet [would be greyed or "???" in its place] while the Codex Update they have would show that they've gotten the Codex Update for that World.

Nofunguy
02.24.2012 , 06:48 PM | #22
Any chance of making an armor item in my inventory able to be compared to my companions currently equipped item when viewing his pane?

HellsChicken
02.24.2012 , 06:48 PM | #23
Will you be adding a mobile security/authenticator app for Windows Phone?

Larreyftw
02.24.2012 , 06:49 PM | #24
Will you be adding a "barber" any time soon? That you can cut your hair, color it and maybe change scars and such?

Brutus
02.24.2012 , 06:49 PM | #25
Will the Jedi Knight robe graphics for body type 2 (and 3 too I think) be fixed any time soon? Currently Jedi Knights look like they have an ewok (or maybe a jawa?) living under their robes...

tehjai
02.24.2012 , 06:49 PM | #26
Another inquiry as to the same-gender romance options. When do you plan to implement them? Do you plan to implement them at all? Will same-gender romance be available to existing companions, or are you planning to create new companions for the purpose?
The Oboa Legacy - Playing Pretend on The Ebon Hawk

Tiona, 60 Mercenary || Perkele, 60 Sorcerer || Hanneke, 60 Mercenary || Rachilde, 60 Gunslinger || Roche, 60 Scoundrel || Tio'na, 60 Sniper || Maz'ahid'erinth, 60 Operative

Baaleos
02.24.2012 , 06:52 PM | #27
Many MMO's create story arc's that dont just affect the player, but affect the world at large.
Whether this be NPC's doing chit-chat about your latest exploits, or faction wide benefits based on warzone events etc.

Is there any plans or desire to make the players story based adventure, more visible to the world at large, or perhaps new warzone/pvp where faction control of the field affects the whole faction, in and out of the warzone.

(Drawing much upon Aion as an example here- Controlling the Abyss pvp zone, grants your race bonuses)

Captain-R
02.24.2012 , 06:53 PM | #28
Hello, I was wondering when we will get a Legacy update and what it will include also im wondering is there coming a customizing for your characther? So that after you have made it you can later on change for example your hairstyle later, its normal even in Star Wars just look at Obi-Wan Kenobi.

Oh and are there any plans on even the battle? The Republic players are seriucly outmatched by the Imperial players there just seams to be something that attracts players to the Empire more then the Republic
Hello There! I play at Tomb of Freedon Nadd and my Legacy, Qualdrom has every singel class at 30+ multiple in the 50-55 range

GeLopez
02.24.2012 , 06:54 PM | #29
I'm glad we're getting a bunch of warzone content in 1.2, but what is Bioware planning on doing in regards to world PVP? Currently, Ilum is still in a rough spot due to lag, performance issues, and faction imbalance, so I was wondering how Bioware plans to go ahead with world PVP in the future.
Lopez - Jedi Sage @ The Fatman

BlackMink
02.24.2012 , 06:54 PM | #30
Can we get clarification on space combat mechanics?

I personally have done a LOT of space combat, and while I am very familiar with every mission, there are still some big mysteries in space combat, and I hope a dev would explain some of these things:

- What is the tactical advantage of destroying the various targets? The tactical advantage of destroying enemy fighters and turrets is obvious; The sooner they are gone, the less they will attack! But aside from bonus objectives, what is the purpose of destroying shield generators, engines, comunication dishes, etc? They don't appear to do anything.

- Is there any tactical advantage to doing a barrel roll, or is it just for looks?

- Why is it that when I destroy every single target on an enemy capitol ship, it can still shoot at me? Is this a bug?