Official Q&A Thread for March 2nd, 2012 Q&A Blog Post

JovethGonzalez

Hello and welcome to the official Q&A thread for questions to be answered for the March 2nd, 2012 Q&A blog post.

As a reminder, we’ll be starting up a weekly Q&A blog series in which we will select ten questions from the community and post answers to them every Friday. We’ll have the next set of answers next week on February 24th, 2012, but before that, we need your questions!

Please use this thread to ask your question (one per community member, so make it count!). On Tuesday at 2PM CST (8PM GMT), we will close this thread, select ten questions, and get answers to them for Friday’s blog post.

In order to increase the chances of having your specific question answered and to help us keep the thread manageable, here are some guidelines on asking questions:

1. Keep your question relatively short. Background details are welcome, but don’t go overboard.
  2. Please actually ask a question. We want to hear constructive feedback elsewhere in the Forums.
  3. Use common sense – we cannot answer everything, especially on far-reaching content.
  4. This should go without saying, but be respectful.
  5. Limit yourself to one question in this thread, please. You can always ask another question next week!
  6. And finally, as a reminder, this is not a discussion thread. Do not comment about what somebody else has posted.

Any other posts apart from questions in the thread will be removed. With that being said, please ask away!

Edited by Paralassa

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the Eternity Vault Operation, many groups have a hard time with the Pylon/Puzzle phase. There are many different strategies that people swear will work.

I am wondering if the order of Pylons is part of the puzzle? Meaning, is solving in a certain order required for success? I am not asking for the specific order/answer, I am just asking if there IS a certain order that must be used.

Either a certain order is needed, or the Pylons are bugged. Can we get some sort of confirmation on this please? Thanks

(For the record, myself and many people find the SNSNSNSN solution to work best, but shouldn't all solutions work?)

Do you have any future plans regarding the Tatooine Free-For-All area, like special Valor bonuses for fighting there, FFA warzones or FFA tournaments and such? It has a lot of potential as an area but in its current state I guess that it doesn't really provide people with any incentive to go there. Edited by KaL_InvictuS

Will we ever see more robust functionality in the friends list? For example, I have friends on multiple servers I'd like to be able to keep in touch with. Could we ever get something similar to a cross realm friends list? Any other info on friend list functionality would be swell as well.

Could you give us a little more information about same-gender romance implementation? A ballpark figure of how far it is in the development pipeline, if it will include romance with current companions and if there will also be non-companion NPC flirt options. Clarifying just a few things would really help the players waiting for this to manage their expectations.

Wondering if macro support will be implemented in 1.2 or after? Click though healing perhaps?

Also, if macros will be implemented, how will the GCD come into play? will it keep people from launching their entire rotation with one key? I certainly hope so.

Is it possible to get a purple color crystal before endgame?

When I first started playing, I thought I saw a lvl 19 dual weilding a red and purple saber in Dromund Kaas, I just wanted confirmation if it is or isn't possible as people keep telling me I'm seeing things..

When will we see stat changes on tanking gear for no reason should tanking gear have crit and surge rating over def shield absorb on tier sets specifically ie rakata. Also endurance increases on tanking relics why do dps get +77 while tanks get 49 and power on their relics seems like that should be reversed.

In the most recent Q7A Georg talked about 1.2 updates to crafting to make professions other then Biochem desirable at end game. One of the things he mentioned was critable crafted orange items with Augment slots. Currently it seems that the patterns are very limitied, in terms of what art is on them, compared to the item art available on white, green, and blue items you might find throughout the game. Will this mean that more of the in game art will become available as craftable orange items?

Will it ever be possible to look like something other than what your class is 'supposed to look like'? Basically what I'm getting at is will my Bounty Hunter ever be able to wear a wide brimmed hat?! I feel like my ability to make my character truly unique is stifled by limited gear options. Any plans to make cross faction looks available via social gear or the like?

What can we expect with the planned future inclusion of same-gender romantic content? Will current companions be available? Will content be limited to companion characters, or can we expect to meet some same-gender [Flirt] options from NPCs out in the wider game world? Any ballpark notion when we may hope to see this implemented (weeks? months? years?)? Edited by Uluain

This is a Codex Question with 2 Parts:

When will you fix the Codex as there are Codex Updates that should be there [for example the Agent's Class Ship or the Red Blade (or whatever his name is) that is the final Person of Interest for the Agent's Class Quest on Nal Hutta]. Cause this is an annoyance especially for those that would like to complete Codex Sections.

We are able to extend the individual World Codex's to show #/# Datacrons, #/# Person of Interests, #/# Locations, etc. Is there any plans to further that by allowing Players to hover over or extend the Lore part of the World Codex to show that Korriban has XYZ as it's Lore. That way people would be able to see the Lore (or whatever sub-sub-section) they haven't gotten yet [would be greyed or "???" in its place] while the Codex Update they have would show that they've gotten the Codex Update for that World.