Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Palpatine forgot about the rule of 2

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Palpatine forgot about the rule of 2

smartalectwo
02.25.2012 , 05:19 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by OldVengeance View Post
I don't see anything to indicate that not toying with your enemies is some integral doctrine to being a Sith Lord.
In fact, the Sith went even further, and weaponised it. Like so.
There is no try.

nkitch
02.25.2012 , 05:35 AM | #22
Don't for get the emperor's hand Mara jade (I believe he had a few ?) who was also a force sensitive assassin for Palp but she was not a Sith.
The Bladehunter Legacy
Tomb of Freedon Nadd

Lord_Karsk
02.25.2012 , 05:42 AM | #23
Rule of two have nothing to do with there only beeing 2 sith lords.
There can be many Sith. Clue is one master have one apprentice.
In the old days a master could have many who served the master.
After the great conflicts with this they changed it so a master could
only have one apprentice.

Sidious had Maul then Dooku then Vader.

Spartanik
02.25.2012 , 05:42 AM | #24
they were only 2 sith lords at the time. I dont recall ventress or galen marek being sith lords to begin with. ( just for the record acolytes and dark force users as servents, arent sith lords at all.)
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Also
Quote:
HK47: Statement: You are like a delightful random cruelty generator, master, poisoning all you touch with your presence. You are a testament to all organic meatbags everywhere.

TKMaster
02.25.2012 , 07:44 AM | #25
I can assure you Palpatine didnt "forget" the rule.

undeadsithdread
02.25.2012 , 07:45 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by MajinEddie View Post
He had count duku. Duku had both ventris and grevis. When palp had vader vader had starkiller. not sure if duku and his 2 sith followers were under palp at the same time as Mual. Ifso then thats 5 sith at 1 time. The Darkside only wanted 2. Do you think this is why good old palpatine failed?
the rule of two ceased to exist the day plagueis killed his master and decleared he would create a new sith order.
Sith assassin Forever!

BrandonSM
02.25.2012 , 08:11 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by undeadsithdread View Post
the rule of two ceased to exist the day plagueis killed his master and decleared he would create a new sith order.
No he never declared that... Plageuis admired the Ro2 AND so did Palps. It was a proficcient way for the Sith. They even discuss it.
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

bullvi
02.25.2012 , 08:21 AM | #28
well theres so many parts in the later lore since tpm about the rule of 2 , first of the rule of two is explained in hte bane series ofc and explains it quite well, its mentioned in the tpm and through the prequals.

reading some of new jedi order and stand alone books there are vague references to it there, one book explaines how vergere was tested by sidious to become a sith apprentice but failed and she ran away to escape the assassins and then met up with the vong, so the lore about it is all over the eu.

im pretty certain in the bane books it says there can be minions of the sith but only 2 dark lords, so im guessing that means just 2 full lords of the sith but they can train and use as many acolytes or dark side users limited in power to help them out numbers wise to carry out the donkey work.

basically with the cloning technology the emporer had available and the essense transfer skill or whatever its called theres no reason to have the rule anyway, when body is oldish simply transfer over ot new cloned body, its a bit of a mess but i look that the saber wielders popping up in newer lore and just servents rather than sith lords
Though this is the end of the age of heroes it has saved its best for last.

www.shadowsofthedragon.com multigame guild
http://www.swtor.com/guilds/38450/shadows-dragon

Yarcamos
02.25.2012 , 08:27 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Ya but Old, Maul wasn't really a dark lord of the sith...I mean he was just there to be there. If he really was a Sith Lord, then he really should have wiped the floor with Obi-Wan(plot armor aside) and killed him. Sith Lords don't dick around with their opponents, unless needing to.
Where to start...

First, Sidious calls Maul his "apprentice" to the Neimodians... wasn't that pretty indicative of being part of the Rule of Two. I don't the Dark Lords of the Sith threw that term around haphazardly.

Second, he did "clean the floor" with Obi-Wan... he beat him, but then Obi-Wan pulled out a "miracle."

Third, why would that matter? Sith Lords are not inherently more powerful than Jedi... so, not sure why that even matters.

My biggest issues with the Ventris nonsense and the like are how it really is a massive retcon of the Rule of Two, which are actual canon in the movies! And then Lucas wants everyone to accept TCW as canon as well. Please. There's only so much nonsense I can accept before I start ignoring the series as a whole.

But, you know, I'd even be OK with the Rule of Two being disbanded by Sidious, and the Jedi simply not knowing that... but that still doesn't wipe away the abomination of a story line of Anakin having an apprentice. Ugh.

undeadsithdread
02.25.2012 , 08:31 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by BrandonSM View Post
No he never declared that... Plageuis admired the Ro2 AND so did Palps. It was a proficcient way for the Sith. They even discuss it.
then what heck about plagueis told his master about replacing the rule of two before killing him?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXZro...el_video_title

27:00
Sith assassin Forever!