NOW = 1.7 Million Active Subscribers | 3 Months from now = Guess What

JohnExponent

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greetings everyone,

This is a newly-created version of the previous thread, which exceeded our maximum post limit. If you would like to catch up on the earlier part of this conversation, you can find it here:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=268605

As a gentle reminder to everyone, please remember the following:

• Insults - Please do not resort to or use them in any way in your posts. Posts should be productive, not destructive.
  • Trolling - Please do not post messages that are purposefully designed to provoke, antagonize, or otherwise elicit a negative emotional response.
  • Agree to Disagree - Be respectful of others' viewpoints even if they are opposite of your own. Discuss disagreements constructively.
  • Flag, Don't Fight - Utilize the Flag Post feature to report possible rules violations, rather than responding to or fighting them.
  • Ignoring - If you feel you simply cannot get along with another community member, please place them on your ignore list.

Thank you for your cooperation and please continue the discussion.

Um, those "subscribers" were only there for the free month, it's estimated that only a few hundred thousand people are still playing (not bad). I fear the game will lose more and more players, myself included.

Wrong.

1.7 million ACTIVE subscribers as of February 1st.

Edited by Lazirus-

Wrong.

Just cant believe how many people post that WRONG info that its for the first "free" month.

Prediction: ......1.5 million.

Doesnt seem to be bleeding subscriptions as badly as other new mmo and I just (cheated) read that its gone past 2mil box sales.

I just wonder where were those 1.7 million people yesterday night? I was questing on Belsavis and there were only 6 people online. My guild is having problems finding new members and forget about finding healers and tanks. PVP open world area on Tatooine was entirely desert two days ago. In the mornings it is impossible to PVP at all, there are some players that farm Ilum at that time. Please, merge the servers.... krayiss obelisk server is dying :'(

I just wonder where were those 1.7 million people yesterday night? I was questing on Belsavis and there were only 6 people online. My guild is having problems finding new members and forget about finding healers and tanks. PVP open world area on Tatooine was entirely desert two days ago. In the mornings it is impossible to PVP at all, there are some players that farm Ilum at that time. Please, merge the servers.... krayiss obelisk server is dying :'(

Over 87 on Bel last night on my server.

My guild has had to have 4 healers/tanks reroll as DPS for operations as we had too many and we are adding more people each week.

BioWare and LucasArts are excited to announce that Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ will officially launch in Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong and Singapore on March 1st, 2012

Add another 500k or more.

Edited by Kourage

Wrong.

Activated accounts, I think you mean to say.

I don't personally count free-monthers as active subscribers, even if EA/BW does (and disclosed such in the same sentence they said 1.7M).

Anyway, just wait for the next conference call, when they don't even mention subscription numbers at all, or the following one, where they avoid mentioning the game at all.

Talk about rose-colored glasses.

BioWare and LucasArts are excited to announce that Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ will officially launch in Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong and Singapore on March 1st, 2012

Add another 500k or more.

Lucas are advertising swtor on the episode 1 3d film on tv and in cinemas. add god knows how many. People forget that even though nearly everyone in the gaming world knows about swtor that not alot outside it do.

Edited by Shingara

I don't personally count free-monthers as active subscribers, even if EA/BW does (and disclosed such in the same sentence they said 1.7M).

Anyway, just wait for the next conference call, when they don't even mention subscription numbers at all, or the following one, where they avoid mentioning the game at all.

Conjecture and assumption.

I like citations, that way everyone can draw their own conclusions from the original statement, which was made on February 1:

I'll define active subscribers for you, and then give you a little color on that. We're not going to be able to talk too deeply on conversion just because it's so early in the life of the product. We are only 10 days passed our first-month anniversary.

But essentially, we're using the industry standard for active subscribers. It's anyone paying a subscription or playing on an active prepaid timecard and those who have registered to play and are still in their trial subscription period.

I can tell you that the majority of the 1.7 million are paying subscribers for us currently, which is great considering we're only, like I said, 42 days into the launch and you have a 30-day trial period. So a lot of people are voting that they want to be a part of the service and are engaged, which is great news.

I have emphasized what I think is the key take-away from the above.

Also, it is obvious from the reference to "42 days into the launch" that this is in reference to the state of the game on January 30, 2012.

Edited by Kthx

Grats on Sales but lets be honest a game that has 1.7 mil active subs should have more than 60 people MAX on Republic fleet and 25 Max on illum....notice all the servers sit on light/standard these days...

That can mean 1 of 2 things, everyone has left or bioware have increased the caps on the servers. Guess which one it is.

Care to make a bet on that?

Grats on Sales but lets be honest a game that has 1.7 mil active subs should have more than 60 people MAX on Republic fleet and 25 Max on illum....notice all the servers sit on light/standard these days...

These are anecdotes, not a statistically valid sample. Here is what happens:

- Player A: OMG, there were only 60 people on Republic fleet last night.

- Player B: I don't know what you are talking about, on my server, there were 120 people on Fleet.

or

- Player A: OMG, the servers sit on light/standard all the time.

- Player B: Here is a screen shot from last night showing 23 servers on heavy and 2 on very heavy

Outcome: Player A ignores Player B (confirmation bias).

Edited by Kthx