Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Swotr players guide book

SNEAKYSIX
02.24.2012 , 07:04 AM | #1
Hi,
I recently saw in a computer games store the Official SWTOR Players Strategy Book. It cost 9.99 dunno how much in dolars lets say 14.5 lol... Anyway it was sealed by security tape so I couldnt peak inside to see if its worth buying. Has anybody else got this book? Did it come with a collectors edition? Im thinking of buying it as Im interested and curious to know lots of newb questions that I dont want to ask here.......
You've never heard of the Millennium Falcon?... It's the ship that made the Kessel Run in less than twelve parsecs."

Irusan
02.24.2012 , 07:23 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by SNEAKYSIX View Post
Hi,
I recently saw in a computer games store the Official SWTOR Players Strategy Book. It cost 9.99 dunno how much in dolars lets say 14.5 lol... Anyway it was sealed by security tape so I couldnt peak inside to see if its worth buying. Has anybody else got this book? Did it come with a collectors edition? Im thinking of buying it as Im interested and curious to know lots of newb questions that I dont want to ask here.......
Most of these books I have seen are maybe enough info to get you out of the starting area, with some very general and basic information about your class/crew skills. This might be helpful to you, but about any time I have bought a strategy guide I have usually found better, more detailed information for free about any question I have using Google.

Skyraven
02.24.2012 , 07:32 AM | #3
The internetz is your friend.

Ohnoto
02.24.2012 , 07:54 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by SNEAKYSIX View Post
Hi,

Only you can know how to spend your money. However, before you buy this book, I suggest looking around the internet. There are many more resources available for you there that are able to be updated as time goes on instead of buying a static book that could be fine now, but not be helpful a couple months from now.
Community Admin - TorCommunity
News, Guides, Forums, Character Profiles, and more.

SNEAKYSIX
02.24.2012 , 07:59 AM | #5
I went in my lunch hour to the store and peaked at it, Turns out its only an exploration guide. So didnt bother. Yeah Ive trawled wiki's and looked for things but was thinking of compiling something. As there are so many acronyms being thrown around like in all MMOs that take time to learn. Crafting more importantly I wanted an indepth read on. Im sure I will grasp this the more hours I plunge into this.
You've never heard of the Millennium Falcon?... It's the ship that made the Kessel Run in less than twelve parsecs."

Ohnoto
02.24.2012 , 08:04 AM | #6
For crew skill information, two really good threads are:

[Guide] Crew Skills and [Guide] Reverse Engineering in the crew skill section.
Community Admin - TorCommunity
News, Guides, Forums, Character Profiles, and more.

LexiCazam
02.24.2012 , 08:09 AM | #7

Hi there!

There is also a guide in the New Player Help forum that you might want to check out:

Guide: Newcomers

Yvin has also compiled a list of helpful links here:

New Players Fleet Pass: A Directory of Resources

Hope you find these useful!

NaimiIflya
02.24.2012 , 08:50 AM | #8
"Guide Books" for MMOs are a waste of money, I can guarantee you that "guide book" was out of date a month ago, at least.
Larmonte Murho from Sanctum of the Exalted <Jedi Guardian>

Irusan
02.24.2012 , 09:02 AM | #9
Oh ya, tons of initials to learn in this game, like most other MMOs. All FPs get abbreviated, so thats a matter of just learning with time. BT= Black Talon, BP= Boarding Party, FI= False Emperor and so on and so on. Also the class forums are a great resource for helping with your talent spec and other class-specific questions.

FP is Flashpoint, Op is Operation (Raid)...anyway, you get the idea.

Infalliable
02.24.2012 , 10:54 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by NaimiIflya View Post
"Guide Books" for MMOs are a waste of money, I can guarantee you that "guide book" was out of date a month ago, at least.
+1, save your money and use the Google Machine.