Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is nightmare for epeen?

Naritara
06.01.2012 , 02:33 AM | #11
What do ya mean it gives more? More loot drops? Every list Ive seen says the drops are the same as HM
::: Mains: Ay'limei - Sin Tank | Ayl'imei - Sniper DPS :::
::: Koturan - PT Tank | Ay'li - Jugg Tank/DPS | Aylimei - Sorc Heal :::
::: Kara'luna - Sentinel DPS :::

Glorionn
06.01.2012 , 06:25 AM | #12
You're an ******e. You just necroed a thread that was pointless to begin with.
Glor - CommandoGlorion - Guardian
Glory - SageGlorific - Gunslinger
Harlequin of Master Dar'nala

commanderdarman
06.01.2012 , 07:06 AM | #13
You also get Blackhole commendations in the nightmare modes.

RattyRattail
06.01.2012 , 10:47 AM | #14
You only get Blackhole commendations from NMM KP. EV doesn't drop the BH commendations. Not much of a reason to run NMM EV unless you want the title.
Makoan Legacy (Jedi Covenant)
Javán (Sniper), Cáde (Gunslinger), Nermall (Assassin), Dhiya (Shadow)

Qonor
06.01.2012 , 10:51 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Glorionn View Post
You're an ******e. You just necroed a thread that was pointless to begin with.
Actually this thread is informative to those of us who haven't read much about nightmare modes. I was about to ask the same question. My guild has cleared HM EV, HM KP, and Denova Story Mode, and we were wondering what value there was to starting nightmare modes.

Quote: Originally Posted by Foefaller View Post
The Speeder can drop from Karraga himself as well.

Personally, I see it as 60/40 or maybe 70/30 Epeen vs. gearing, because atm, other than a few goodies, the biggest difference in loot tables between Hard and Nightmare is that Nightmare gives more, which is nice if you really, really want the mods and enhacements to fully customize the stats of your Rakata gear (or whatever orange gear you pick when 1.2 arrives.)
Quote: Originally Posted by Naritara View Post
What do ya mean it gives more? More loot drops? Every list Ive seen says the drops are the same as HM
Yeah, what do you mean more? This is of interest to me.
Marqus Deception Assassin
Resurgent Empire Guild
Jedi Covenant PvE East Server

AshlaBoga
06.01.2012 , 11:35 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Qonor View Post
Actually this thread is informative to those of us who haven't read much about nightmare modes. I was about to ask the same question. My guild has cleared HM EV, HM KP, and Denova Story Mode, and we were wondering what value there was to starting nightmare modes.

Yeah, what do you mean more? This is of interest to me.
I will explain. You know how Story EV, KP drop Columi? And how HM EV, KP drop Columi & RAKATA? Well NIghtmare EV and KP drop twice as much Rakata as Hard Mode. So you can gear up quicker for HM EC. That's the only reason to do Nightmare IMO, to get those last few missing pieces of Rakata. So if you are 4/5 and you want a piece then do Nightmare I guess.

mjwalsh
06.01.2012 , 11:38 AM | #17
If all your guys are geared you don't have to do ev nightmare.. However KP nightmare drops your black hole comms which will help gear your guys up for EC HM. So I'd suggest doing that. EC Story drops mats to make black hole stuff, as well as a black hole piece on the boss, and EC HM drops campaign gear. When they release EC nightmare they said it will come with a new tier of gear, so then that will be worth doing, not just for your "epeen".
W A L S H | T H E B A S T I O N
E T E R N A L D O M I N I O N
Swtor Guild

KeyboardNinja
06.01.2012 , 03:24 PM | #18
Nightmare modes are a lot of fun. They don't have any new mechanics, which is a bummer, but the amount of damage and size of health pools you're dealing with require everyone to be really spot on with everything they do. I wouldn't say that there is *no* room for mistakes, but the margin for error is definitely quite low. Nightmare modes are really the only raids where you are *forced* to use your cooldowns, relics, adrenals just in order to keep up, whereas most content allows you to reserve them as panic buttons.

If you're a progression raider, pushing through nightmare modes once makes a lot of sense, and thereafter farming nightmare KP and EV (they drop different pieces). Once you've got your gear, most progression raiders are just going to ignore nightmare mode raids since there's really no point. Though, I have heard of people doing crazy things like 8 manning a 16 man nightmare mode, but I've never been part of such an attempt.

Personally, I am *not* a progression raider, and I intend to keep running nightmare modes until they stop being fun. So, basically the same policy that I have with everything else in this (or any) game.
Computer Programmer. Theory Crafter. Streaming Dilettante on The Ebon Hawk.
Tam (shadow tank) Tov-ren (commando healer) Aveo (retired sentinel) Nimri (ruffian scoundrel)
Averith (marksman sniper) Alish (lightning sorcerer) Aresham (vengeance jugg) Effek (pyro pt)

DarkDisturbed
06.01.2012 , 04:29 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by AshlaBoga View Post
I will explain. You know how Story EV, KP drop Columi? And how HM EV, KP drop Columi & RAKATA? Well NIghtmare EV and KP drop twice as much Rakata as Hard Mode. So you can gear up quicker for HM EC. That's the only reason to do Nightmare IMO, to get those last few missing pieces of Rakata. So if you are 4/5 and you want a piece then do Nightmare I guess.
This is false. Nightmare gives the exact same amount of loot as hard.

Anomorn
06.01.2012 , 04:55 PM | #20
To answer the OP's question, it depends. 16 Player Nightmare is for e-peen. 8 Player Nightmare is for the illusion of e-peen. Hope this clears things up for you.
Glowsticks of Nerf Dialogue
* World 3rd Tier Ⅰ Nightmare 16m * World 1st Tier Ⅱ Hard 8m *